Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,619 members, 7,955,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President (46244 Views)

Tinubu And Osinbajo: What Comes To Your Mind With This Picture? / Before And After Photos Of Buhari And Osinbajo, What Do You Think? / Activities Of Bandits Have Surprised Me ― Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Antichristus: 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2018
Racoon:
And this man calls himself a lawyer & pastor.VP Osinbajo can only fool the himself and the zombies of the moribund government he belong to.What nonsense!

I was going to express the sme view. Prior to becoming the VP, Osinbajo was a lawyer, an academic and pastor -- all three very corrupt institutions fuelling and oiling the corruption engine running the Nigerian ship aground. This man is only making a fool of himself and berating UNILAG's professorship of legal studies. Not surprised, he has no PhD, and in spite of frantic data search of leading academic databases of journals published in the developed world (Europe and North America), his named yielded less than half a dozen works - half of which were locally published (in Lagos).

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by EdoBozz(m): 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2018
adesina746:

I can assure you if u get there urself u wont do 1/20th of what they have done. It is always easy to condem. What Corruption has done to this country only God can save us. Even the purest man in Nigeria today cannot do jack about it. Let us all come together and fight it that is the best.

You said the right thing bro but don't judge me. Even in my present condition without any political ambition, I am a leader in my own world. I have personally contributed to the welfare of people I see really suffering. I don't see myself sitting in such a position and my impact will not be felt.
Ruling a country for years without a single impact is way above corruption but actually wickedness. No single human sympathy for people being killed by herdsmen everyday but the same security agants that should be fighting herdsmen are forming galladima for ordinary corrupt men in opposition parties and the useless VP is talking about grand corruption. Abeg make we hear word jare.

So their new campaign will be "we have successfully fought corruption in Nigeria, so now we have to fight grand corruption" lol.... Them they mad noni

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2018
true talk mr V.P
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2018
[quote author=Justinah4real post=72349279][/quote] You dey mind dem?it's only corruption they know. ..
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Moveonmax: 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
As much as I respect democracy and its concurrent rule of law and Human Rights whatnot, I don't see the reason why some public officials who steal money and keep in foreign accounts should not be shot on sight, for their stupidity that is, I mean, someone smart enough to steal the money that belongs to everybody should not be that redundant,. You could as well get that money invested in your home country and have people slaving for you while paying them whatever measly amount is slated as minimum wage. When the govt comes knocking, there is a ruse because these slaves won't take it... Common sense ain't common!
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Mimee803: 5:30pm On Oct 23, 2018
I dont understand what is so shocking about that...its what we all know about...what is shocking is APC's grandstanding...and total denial of poverty and difficulties Nigerians are facing under this regime!! What is shocking is the total suspension of the rule of law and simple human courtesies one 2 another...
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by magzey: 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2018
THIS IS WHY I WILL ALWAYS STAND "WITH PMB: grin grin grin

Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Adesolomon2014(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2018
uzobaby:
And is the country corruption free now? Nigeria police is just one out of so many corruption going on now. ..not to talk of other gigantic corrupt cases in presidency..abeg we need economic revival not chanting corruption corruption all the time

In the above aspect, Osibanjo did tried his best in curbing their excesses.
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by thedondada(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2018
Calyb:
Obi will not be surprised.

Lol
grin grin grin
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2018
Osibande is a hyporcrite and a crook, he calls himself pastor? puff!!

when david cameron described nigeria as fantastically corrupt.
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2018
Osibande is a hyporcrite and a crook, he calls himself pastor? puff!!

when david cameron described nigeria as fantastically corrupt what did you think he meant?
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by adesina746: 6:01pm On Oct 23, 2018
EdoBozz:

You said the right thing bro but don't judge me. Even in my present condition without any political ambition, I am a leader in my own world. I have personally contributed to the welfare of people I see really suffering. I don't see myself sitting in such a position and my impact will not be felt.
Ruling a country for years without a single impact is way above corruption but actually wickedness. No single human sympathy for people being killed by herdsmen everyday but the same security agants that should be fighting herdsmen are forming galladima for ordinary corrupt men in opposition parties and the useless VP is talking about grand corruption. Abeg make we hear word jare.

So their new campaign will be "we have successfully fought corruption in Nigeria, so now we have to fight grand corruption" lol.... Them they mad noni
I understand bro and am not judging u. To be honest political offices especially as high as that of the presidency is really tough to handle. Like in Jonathans case I heard from a reliable source that Jonathan was a good man and wanted the best for the country but he wasn't capable and wasn't in control and had to dance to the tune of the who is who.

Buhari on the other hand is capable but the who is who he didn't give chance to are bent on frustrating his government and painting him bad I hope u get the point. Am not saying he doesn't have his lapses too but that position is something else to handle. I just pray God gives us good politicians that will be in charge not this current set of politicians
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Tundeobama(m): 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2018
cinoedhunter:
Osibanjo talking about corruption that surprised him. Hmmmm... when ur boss is the master of corruption... u sacked Daura, and ur boss returned from abroad angrily and remove the competent southerner and put back his own.... APC go and rest jor....
Hypocrites angry
jump to river next year because real voters are not only when Apc win. MrsNwaAmaikpe you want obi to become a mere commissioner lolz.Atiku that can't win Adamawa
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Udofia13(m): 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2018
hadjipapiey:
Okae lai
� �
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Subonbon(m): 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2018
There is a bigger surprise Mr whatever you call your self.... That is when u and that lifeless thing leave Nigeria alone
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by efighter: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2018
EdoBozz:

I read it bro. I just consider all that as a normal sentimental speech. How many of the real currupt individuals have they actually prosecuted. Those stealing the money they are trying to retrieve, many of them are still walking freely so let's leave all that sentimental speech as we approach 2019.

So Joshua Dariye and Rev Jolly Nyame who were both sentensed by the Court earlier this year are fake corrupt individual. You brain is not working, you need another one even if it's a second-hand one.
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by emperorblog(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2018
ahbaya oshi just admit dhat u have failed us as our VP RESIGN AND ACCEPT DEFEAT NEXT YEAR

let help you pay your supplier in China from Nigeria #58 per yuan
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2018
Parkees:

I shudder in utmost disbelief!
Well, wake up, smell the coffee and remember this post in February 2019 after the elections.
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by bluecircle470: 7:20pm On Oct 23, 2018
EdoBozz:

So are you saying the presidency is not in the position to also tackle corruption in the Judiciary?

All these their talk na long story my brother. No time for sentiment anymore.

Read to understand my statement....
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

In the above aspect, Osibanjo did tried his best in curbing their excesses.
yessss with SARS..but the annoying thing is always talking as if corruption has disappeared since they came in..take special centers for writing WAEC for instance. .were they able to stop it??yet they claim the past government was corrupt??they should divert the energy on corruption talk to the economy. .
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2018
rusher14:

The battle is not for government or an individual alone.
It requires collective action from all of us, you inclusive.

Stop making excuses for failure.
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Boss13: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2018
uzobaby:
And is the country corruption free now? Nigeria police is just one out of so many corruption going on now. ..not to talk of other gigantic corrupt cases in presidency..abeg we need economic revival not chanting corruption corruption all the time

Exactly - you cannot talk of corruptionand people are losing their jobs, companies shutting down and the purchasing power of Nigerians falling. The corruption you are fighting seems to be aimed at the opposition and hence, the Nigerian elites in opposition.

We are talking about the average Nigerian - if you cannot revive the economy please leave that place. Everything corruption - Na corruption go pay school fees or house rent or even chop money
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Jahwinaboy(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2018
We should hold Atiku on his restructuring and push for it. It will serve all of us good rather than abuse and talk trash here . We are all educated and mature. Let's fight for something good.
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by Luchiana1(f): 12:06am On Oct 24, 2018
Be Encouraged click-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBNLIZKc91k Watch ,like subscribe
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by olaolaking: 1:12am On Oct 24, 2018
EdoBozz:

I read it bro. I just consider all that as a normal sentimental speech. How many of the real currupt individuals have they actually prosecuted. Those stealing the money they are trying to retrieve, many of them are still walking freely so let's leave all that sentimental speech as we approach 2019.
Have you ever supported the prosecution of the currupt individuals? You people are part of the curruption we are talking about because you have always shouted to the high heavens each time someone is called to account to for his deed. You tag it, persecution, you tag it witch-hunt. Etc.
Re: Osinbajo: What Surprised Me Most As Vice President by M3A16(m): 9:05am On Oct 25, 2018
This is what most Nigerians never know especially youths...... The most pathetic thing is they will still not listen even with facts residuals in their bellies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reception Ceremony For The Arrival Of COVID-19 Vaccines In Nigeria (Pictures) / Western Nigeria Development And News Thread / President Buhari Visits Soldiers Injured By Boko Haram In Maiduguri Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.