Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Biafra: IPOB Removes Nnamdi Kanu As Leader, Gives Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: IPOB Removes Nnamdi Kanu As Leader, Gives Reasons (223 Views)

IPOB Quietly Removes Nnamdi Kanu As Leader And Director Of Radio Biafra / Ladoja Calls For Amnesty For Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu As FG Did For Boko Haram / IPOB Sacks Nnamdi Kanu As Leader For 'Valuing His Dog Above Murdered Members Hu (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Biafra: IPOB Removes Nnamdi Kanu As Leader, Gives Reasons by Concisenews: 11:17am On Oct 23, 2018
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) says Nnamdi Kanu has been sacked as its leader and also director of Radio Biafra.

Olisa Mbakwe, the IPOB Director of Strategy and Documentation, made the announcement on Monday.

According to Mbakwe, the Pro-Biafra activist was fired for placing more value on his dog than those murdered in the struggle for the realisation of Biafra.

Concise News recalls that Mr Kanu had mourned his dog and “a few other people” in his compound, who lost their lives when military men invaded the place in September 2017 during Sunday’s broadcast from his base in Israel.

The IPOB leader had said during the broadcast, “The Army of the zoo killed my dog Jack and a few other people in my compound. I am sorry for what my sureties are passing through, but I want to assure them that they will have a special place in Biafra. I shall not be honouring the court.”

Reacting, Mbakwe described Kanu as an “insensitive and callous leader that has no value for his own followers but rather his dog, Jack whom he paid tributes to after his long disappearance from the struggle”.

Mbakwe also insisted that Kanu was a “traitor not worthy of any leadership position anywhere in the world”.

He said Kanu was removed for reasons which included, “personalisation of the Biafran struggle and derailing from the core objectives of IPOB as a grassroots movement”.

“On Sunday, October 21, 2018, an individual, Mazi Nnamdi Nwanekaenyi Kanu, claiming to be the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Director General of Radio Biafra made a live broadcast that has left us perplexed, because it is unthinkable that someone will impersonate IPOB to the point of plotting to abuse the organization to hurt the interest of Biafra.

Continue reading...
https://www.concisenews.global/2018/10/22/biafra-ipob-removes-nnamdi-kanu-as-leader-gives-reasons/
Re: Biafra: IPOB Removes Nnamdi Kanu As Leader, Gives Reasons by Mynd44: 11:38am On Oct 23, 2018

(1)

Why APC May Not Win Even With Massive Rigging / It’s Time To Retire, Not Recycle Leaders, Says Gbenga Olawepo-hashim / The Shiites, A Keg Of Gun Powder Waiting To Explode Nigeria (oped)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.