Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Diabetes: All You Need To Know About High Blood Sugar - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Diabetes: All You Need To Know About High Blood Sugar (735 Views)

All You Need To Know About High Blood Pressure / All You Need To Know About High Blood Pressure (A Must Read) / Everything You Should Know About High Blood Pressure (hypertension) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diabetes: All You Need To Know About High Blood Sugar by planbwellness: 5:02pm On Oct 23, 2018
Diabetes is a number of diseases that involve problems with the hormone insulin. Medically referred to as diabetes mellitus, diabetes describes a group of metabolic diseases in which the person has high blood glucose (blood sugar), either because insulin production is inadequate, or because the body’s cells do not respond properly to insulin, or both.

Normally, the pancreas (an organ behind the stomach) releases insulin to help your body store and use the sugar and fat from the food and every this you consume. Diabetes can then occur when the pancreas produces very little or no insulin, or when the body does not respond appropriately to the insulin produced by the pancreas.

Patients with high blood sugar will typically experience frequent urination (polyuria), they will become increasingly thirsty (polydipsia) and hungry (polyphagia).

If left untreated, diabetes can cause many complications.

Acute complications can include diabetic ketoacidosis, hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state, or death.

Serious long-term complications include cardiovascular disease, stroke, chronic kidney disease, foot ulcers and damage to the eyes.

NB: You can contact us for a guaranteed natural solution for stroke and kidney diseases.

The most common diabetes symptoms include frequent urination, intense thirst and hunger, weight gain, unusual weight loss, fatigue, cuts and bruises that do not heal, male sexual dysfunction, numbness and tingling in hands and feet.

TYPE 1 DIABETES

Some people do refer to this type as insulin-dependent diabetes, juvenile diabetes, or early-onset diabetes.

Type 1 diabetes happens when your immune system destroys cells in your pancreas called beta cells which are the ones that produce insulin. hence, the body does not produce insulin.

DamageS to beta cells from type 1 diabetes throws the process off. Glucose doesn’t move into your cells because insulin isn’t there to do it.

Instead it builds up in your blood and your cells starve. This causes high blood sugar.

Medically, patients with type 1 diabetes will need to take insulin injections for the rest of their life. They must also ensure proper blood-glucose levels by carrying out regular blood tests and following a special diet.

However, natural remedies that work on preparing the damages to the beta cell and the pancreas have been proven to be helpful to type 1 diabetic patients.

You can click here to read about such natural remedy.

Sensitivity and responsiveness to insulin are usually normal, especially in the early stages of type 1 diabetes.

Type 1 diabetes can also be accompanied by irregular and unpredictable high blood sugar levels, frequently with ketosis and sometimes with serious low blood sugar levels.

Other complications include an impaired counter-regulatory response to low blood sugar, infection, gastroparesis (which leads to erratic absorption of dietary carbohydrates), and endocrinopathies.

Symptoms of type1 diabetes are often subtle, but they can become severe. They include:

Heavy thirst
Increased hunger (especially after eating)
Dry mouth
Nausea and vomiting
Pain in your belly
Frequent urination
Unexplained weight loss (even though you’re eating and feel hungry)
Fatigue (weak, tired feeling)
Blurred vision
Heavy, laboured breathing (your doctor will call this Kussmaul respiration)
Frequent infections of the skin, urinary tract, or vagina

Signs of an emergency with type 1 diabetes include:

Shaking and confusion
Rapid breathing
Fruity smell to your breath
Pain in your belly
Loss of consciousness (rare)

The key to good health is to keep your blood sugar levels within the range your doctor gives you.

You’ll need to check them often and adjust insulin, food, and activities to make that happen.

TYPE 2 DIABETES

Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes mellitus.

It begins with insulin resistance; a condition in which cells fail to respond to insulin properly. As the disease progresses, a lack of insulin may also develop.

The most common cause is excessive body weight and insufficient exercise. The defective responsiveness of body tissues to insulin is believed to involve the insulin receptor.

In the early stage of type 2 diabetes, the predominant abnormality is reduced insulin sensitivity. At this stage, high blood sugar can be reversed by a variety of...read more on https://www.planbwellness.com/diabetes-all-you-need-to-know-about-high-blood-sugar/

Re: Diabetes: All You Need To Know About High Blood Sugar by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2018
I wish I read this earlier. diagnosed with type one last week. insulin is so expensive. God help me
Re: Diabetes: All You Need To Know About High Blood Sugar by planbwellness: 6:49pm On Oct 24, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
I wish I read this earlier. diagnosed with type one last week. insulin is so expensive. God help me

You can still help yourself with the information on www.planbwellness.com/diabetes
Re: Diabetes: All You Need To Know About High Blood Sugar by TrevorCornish94: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
Thank you for this information.
Re: Diabetes: All You Need To Know About High Blood Sugar by AlexanderGlover: 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2020
I think that insulin is not only expensive, but also harmful to health. It lowers blood sugar, but it has many side effects. And if a diabetic uses insulin, he will not be able to refuse it. So, I wish you all good health! By the way, I am young and athletic and have no family history of diabetes. I also eat healthy food and don't buy fast food, so I never worried about my blood sugar. But recently something strange happened to me, I felt very bad and I had the first symptoms of diabetes. I started studying information about managing diabetes and found out that sugar levels can be controlled. Then I got tested and found out that I didn't have diabetes and that it was an allergic reaction to one of the back pain medications I was taking. In any case, I am glad that I have studied the information on this topic, because I have gained important knowledge that can help someone prevent this disease.

(1) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Masturbation! / Why Is There No Thread For Male Fertility Issues? / Please I Need Your Help: I Woke Up This Morning To See A Bleeding Bite On My Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.