Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:09 AM

Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths (391 Views)

Yakubu Gowon Slumps At Burial Of David Akpodiete Ejoor In Delta State / Moment Yakubu Gowon Heard About His Overthrow While In Uganda / Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by Christian590(m): 6:19am On Oct 24, 2018
Ex head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (retd), yesterday, reiterated his commitment to the unity of the country, insisting that the peace and unity of Nigeria were non- negotiable. He also urged Nigerians to work towards achieving peace in the country. Gen. Yakubu GowonGowon Gowon spoke as a Special Guest of Honour at the exhibition in honour of Emeritus Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe’s 85th birthday anniversary, held at the Akinkugbe Kidney Centre, University College Hospital, UCH, in Ibadan, Oyo State. His words: “You are all aware of my strong desire and commitment for the peace and unity of our nation; I want to further add my voice to the call for peace and national unity. “I want to reiterate, in strongest term, that the peace and unity of Nigeria is non negotiable. I will continue to work at achieving the much desired peace and unity that we crave daily for our country. “I am strongly of the belief that for the future of our nation to be assured, we must strive to build legacies of peace and unity. “God knows I love the country very dearly. I have no any other loyalty but to the country. That love and loyalty to my country was first and foremost. That had been inculcated in me; right from the on set.” While thanking God for the life of Emeritus Prof. Akinkugbe, Gowon said: “As a university and hospital administrator, his works will continue to speak for him in all the institutions, countries and continents where he has served.”
http://mognews.com/2018/10/24/fight-for-your-peace-gowon-tells-youths/
Re: Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by edo3(m): 6:20am On Oct 24, 2018
Ok
Re: Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by Angelparadise: 6:27am On Oct 24, 2018
Nigeria will be better if most of elders speak against the nepotism and sectional actions of this buhari government.
Re: Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by IamD18: 6:30am On Oct 24, 2018
Angelparadise:
Nigeria will be better if most of elders speak against the nepotism and sectional actions of this buhari government.
Nigeria will be better if they all die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 24, 2018
Peace kee you there!
Re: Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by munazafar(m): 6:52am On Oct 24, 2018
This old cargo never get sense abi?

1 Like

Re: Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by pacino26(m): 6:56am On Oct 24, 2018
The carnage in Plateau and Kaduna are all part of the "non negotiable unity" abi?

Guys you've heard it, fight!!!

Meanwhile where is any of his sons, they need to come to stage and direct or interpret what their dad is saying.

1 Like

Re: Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by ignant: 7:04am On Oct 24, 2018
This fool must be crying when alone. Hahahaha. The middle belt unfortunately, had the highest number of casualties on the side of the Nigeria military during the civil war. The middle belt died for what this country has become? Would those middle belt soldiers repeat their mistakes if they were alive to see what their region has turned to?

This Gowon fool has done nothing about the mass genocide in his region. Hausa/Fulani terrorists have sacked natives from their ancestral homes. Middle belt communities are being renamed by these terrorists and this fool is doing nothing it.

Men, women and children are being systematically eliminated by these terrorists.

O middle belt, I cry for you.

1 Like

Re: Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by UnclePati: 7:10am On Oct 24, 2018
his telling middle belt and north central people that are being killed like fly by buhari and fulani heards men to fight for their peace....
his not telling those of us from SS/SE .... gowon have fought for unity...enjoy your unity sir.

your people will never have peace...you created this mess.
they cant even fight ...they will run all their lives until they run to the sea

1 Like

Re: Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by chiagozien(m): 7:13am On Oct 24, 2018
The zoo called nigeria will never have peace.
Re: Fight For Your Peace - Yakubu Gowon Tells Nigerian Youths by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:30am On Oct 24, 2018
Truth is Fulanis from all the world want Nigeria as ethnic property.

Gowon don't know this.

(1) (Reply)

Defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC / We Have Right To Submit Zamfara Candidates’ Names, APC Tells INEC / Order Military To Release Your Credentials Now Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.