Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter (493 Views)

Fresh Graduate Cover Letter Examples And Templates / Professional CV and Cover Letter Templates For Job Seekers / What Is The Difference Between A Resume And A Cover Letter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter by JobAffairs(m): 6:51am On Oct 24, 2018
Alright guys, let's talk about the cover letter

It is noticed that many of our job seekers do not know how to write a cover letter that is effective and memorable.

Remember a cover letter is a professional document that briefly describes your interest in a job position, why you are a good match, and what skills you possess that are of value to the job. You should always include a cover letter with your resume.

These tips should help you write a cover letter that grabs attention, and helps you get a foot in the door!

Write a Cover Letter, Not Another Resume

Many job-seekers make the mistake of rewording their resume within their cover letter. Keep in mind that a cover letter is not a resume and should not state things that are already covered in your resume. Before getting started writing your cover letter, briefly brainstorm what information you want to include in it. This can include your skills, time spent in the industry, and why you believe you are the perfect match for the job.

Address the Hiring Manager Directly

Instead of using a generic introduction such as “Dear hiring manager,” you should address the individual by their name directly. If you do not know what the hiring manager’s name is, simply call the company and ask or visit its website. If you still cannot find out their name, omit this line entirely.

Introduce Yourself

After addressing the hiring manager, your next few sentences should focus on introducing yourself. Don’t jump into your qualifications and skills quite yet. Explain why you are interested in the job that you are applying for. Don’t use a generic phrase for this though. The first few sentences in your cover letter must catch the reader’s attention and make them want to learn more about you. Take your time writing your introduction to ensure that it is as effective as possible.

Show Why You’re An Asset

Companies look for employees that are assets. Instead of simply stating your skills and qualifications, work them into your cover letter in a more persuasive way. When you write a cover letter, it is important to focus on explaining how you will benefit the company. For example, “As a licensed agent for more than 10 years, I have gained invaluable industry experience that has helped me become a leading expert in the field.” works better than “I have five years of experience in the field.” While writing, make sure you are showing your achievements and results instead of mentioning them.

Finish Strong

Every cover letter needs a strong conclusion. This paragraph should include your contact information and thank the hiring manager for taking the time to consider you for the position. It should not include a summary of your qualifications or skills or restate anything that has already been covered within the cover letter.

Many people struggle with learning how to write a cover letter. If you need additional help, visit my signature for something that will definitely add value to your career life.

1 Like

Re: How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter by qwertyboss(m): 7:02am On Oct 24, 2018
Any sample?
Re: How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:33am On Oct 24, 2018
Nice.
Re: How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter by enemachris(m): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2018
Sample please.
Re: How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter by tosinolaiya15(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2018
Pls can u send me sample.moreover, i can't find ur detains contact in ur profile.
Re: How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter by JobAffairs(m): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2018
In my next post coming your way soon... I will show you a sample of a cover letter
qwertyboss:
Any sample?
Re: How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter by JobAffairs(m): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2018
In my next post coming your way soon... I will show you a sample of a cover letter
enemachris:
Sample please.
Re: How To Write An Irresistible Cover Letter by JobAffairs(m): 11:26am On Oct 25, 2018
In my next post coming your way soon... I will show you a sample of a cover letter. Also, if you follow the link on my signature, you will be able to get my contact.
tosinolaiya15:
Pls can u send me sample.moreover, i can't find ur detains contact in ur profile.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For A Work From Home Support Staff For A Tech Startup. / Lop / Article Re-writer Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.