Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC (54962 Views)

Jimi Agbaje Speaks On ‘dumping’ PDP For APC / Uche Nwosu Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP / Saraki Opens Up On Dumping APC, Says "Don’t Push Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by hisprinceship: 7:28am On Oct 24, 2018
Deputy Senate President and a leader of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the South East, Senator Ike Ekweremadu has reacted to speculations making the rounds that he was on the verge of decamping to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

There were reports that the lawmaker was leaving the party following some decisions taken by the PDP leadership which were not in his favour.

There was also ill feeling after a former Governor of Anambra State Peter Obi was picked as the running mate to the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku AbubakarI without the consent of the party leadership in the region.
But reacting to the rumours in a Facebook post obtained by DAILY POST on Wednesday, Ekweremadu said he was still a member of the main opposition party.

According to him, “In the past 24 hours, I have been inundated with calls from friends and political associates seeking clarification on the rumours of my departure from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which has dominated the media.

“Let it be known that my path in politics is in the hands of the Almighty God, who has indeed been very faithful and gracious to me. I’m very grateful to God for this.

"My vision in politics is a system that works for everybody, a social and political environment where everybody, every section, and every tribe not only counts, but is also seen to count.

“As leaders, we must be mindful of this, for any system built on anything less will not endure.

“I am grateful to you – members of my family, my friends, political associates, and admirers across Nigeria and beyond – for your uncommon concern. I am indeed humbled by your kind words of solidarity and support.

“Please, be rest assured that I am still in the PDP"

http://dailypost.ng/2018/10/24/defection-senator-ekweremadu-finally-speaks-dumping-pdp-apc/

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Homeboiy: 7:30am On Oct 24, 2018
wetin concern me

9 Likes

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by baliyubla: 7:32am On Oct 24, 2018
When you start hearing politicians say " my path in politics is in the hands of God, then know something is cooking.

This guy has been a LG Chairman, SSG to Enugu, Senator since 2003 and DSP from 2007 till date all under the PDP. Yet he still wants to bring the house down for being denied the VP slot, as if its his birthright.

He himself knows he's between a rock and a hard place, decamp and watch his political career perish like that of this man.

369 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by abc115: 7:34am On Oct 24, 2018
My vision in politics is a system that works for everybody, a social and political environment where everybody, every section, and every tribe not only counts, but is also seen to count. As leaders, we must be mindful of this, for any system built on anything less will not endure.

14 Likes

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Albinoflash(m): 7:36am On Oct 24, 2018
Booked
Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by latsy: 7:38am On Oct 24, 2018
He did not address the question.

45 Likes

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Racoon(m): 7:40am On Oct 24, 2018
But reacting to the rumours in a Facebook post obtained by DAILY POST on Wednesday, Ekweremadu said he was still a member of the main opposition party.
Ekweremadu can defect if he so wish but he should pls make sure he've really counted the cost.

24 Likes

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Johnnyessence(m): 7:40am On Oct 24, 2018
UPDATE: “I am still in the PDP” - Senator Ike Ekweremadu

I am presently out of the country on a prescheduled engagement.

In the past 24 hours, I have been inundated with calls from friends and political associates seeking clarification on the rumours of my departure from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which has dominated the media.

Let it be known that my path in politics is in the hands of the Almighty God, who has indeed been very faithful and gracious to me. I’m very grateful to God for this.

My vision in politics is a system that works for everybody, a social and political environment where everybody, every section, and every tribe not only counts, but is also seen to count. As leaders, we must be mindful of this, for any system built on anything less will not endure.

I am grateful to you - members of my family, my friends, political associates, and admirers across Nigeria and beyond - for your uncommon concern. I am indeed humbled by your kind words of solidarity and support.

Please, rest assured that I am still in the PDP.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Fianze93(m): 7:43am On Oct 24, 2018
"After going through your write up, there was no place you refuted this rumor and it’s quiet uncommon of you but be rest assured that anyday you leave PDP for APC, the respect you command in the south east is gone. Ask Rochas, Orji Uzor, Kalu Chris Ngige or any other big figure that joined APC. God bless"

The above is Njoku Chinedu's comment on the post on Mr DSP Facebook post... And I sincerely agree

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Mizwisdom(f): 7:50am On Oct 24, 2018
Fianze93:
"After going through your write up, there was no place you refuted this rumor and it’s quiet uncommon of you but be rest assured that anyday you leave PDP for APC, the respect you command in the south east is gone. Ask Rochas, Orji Uzor, Kalu Chris Ngige or any other big figure that joined APC. God bless"

The above is Njoku Chinedu's comment on the post on Mr DSP Facebook post... And I sincerely agree

"Be rest assured, I'm still in PDP" Ekeremadu

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by dabiriy(m): 7:50am On Oct 24, 2018
Selfish people

1 Like

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by saintgp(m): 7:52am On Oct 24, 2018
Without being told i knew he won't decamp,at least nt now,maybe after d election for he's one of d enugu pdp senatorial candidates in d forthcoming election.

I kinda admire his (public)choice of words.kudos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by ferop: 7:56am On Oct 24, 2018
politics defection again
Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 24, 2018
cool
Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Maket: 7:58am On Oct 24, 2018
Waiting be my own?

It is time the northern people increase the no of wives from 4 to 8 since FG wants to decrease the no of children per mother.

Meanwhile, this clarification will be sad news to some people.

For me, I don't still believe you. You may even decide to decamp later today.

Be rest assured that I am still in PDP but may decamp any moment from now.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by xbernardx(m): 7:58am On Oct 24, 2018
Qualities of a greedy and selfish Nigerian Politician: changing party when the odds go against you.

It has never been about the nation, just their pocket

1 Like

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by obi4eze(m): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2018
grin
Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Primusinterpares(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2018
political prostitutes everywhere...
Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Maxymilliano(m): 8:00am On Oct 24, 2018
Why speaking in parables ?

1 Like

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by hisexcellency34: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2018
Pig headed Ekweremadu is just greedy. Accept it or not, Peter Obi is your master

6 Likes

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by tenmariner: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2018
Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by kaen1317: 8:01am On Oct 24, 2018
Ekweremadu is too intelligent to join a sinking ship

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Binikingdowm: 8:01am On Oct 24, 2018
Chai Ike why you do us like this, why? I'm in pain..

Chai embarassed nobody wan gree join APC again ahh why Na..

Chai maybe it's time for me to atikulate too grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Throwback: 8:02am On Oct 24, 2018
The speculations are that he will soon decamp

So him addressing the issue and not being definitive about his future, shows that the rumours are indeed true.

"I am still in PDP" is not the same as "I will not abandon PDP".

Anyway, PDP members have finally admitted that he is useless and has not done anything useful for his constituency. He should stay in PDP and remain useless there.

5 Likes

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by idonhammer: 8:03am On Oct 24, 2018
Anoda disappointment...APC right now

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by gare(f): 8:03am On Oct 24, 2018
baliyubla:
When you start hearing politicians say " my path in politics is in the hands of God, then know something is cooking.

This guy has been a LG Chairman, SSG to Enugu, Senator since 2003 and DSP from 2007 till date all under the PDP. Yet he still wants to bring the house down for being denied the VP slot, as if its his birthright.

He himself knows his between a rock and a hard place, decamp and watch his political career perish like that of this man.

He is free to go to APC, but that will cost him going back to the Senate, because APC already has a candidate for that position in Enugu state and substitution can not take place, so if he goes now he will be a bench warmer in APC, that is of they win the general elections next year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by PHILipu1(m): 8:03am On Oct 24, 2018
kaen1317:
Ekweremadu is too intelligent to join a sinking ship
Just like you said about Akpabio few months ago

5 Likes

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Groovenaija360(m): 8:04am On Oct 24, 2018
M
Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by Binikingdowm: 8:04am On Oct 24, 2018
idonhammer:
Anoda disappointment...APC right now
chai I'm in pain nobody wan join us again

4 Likes

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by 13october: 8:04am On Oct 24, 2018
13OCTOBER
THIS MAN IS NO LONGER IN PDP, HIS MIND AND SOUL IS IN SOME WHERE ELSE , JUST BODY IN PDP WAITING FOR ACTUAL TAKEOFF TIME,THE SAME WAY AKPABIO STARTED HIS STORY IN HAND OF GOD

3 Likes

Re: Politics defection: Senator Ekweremadu Finally Speaks On Dumping PDP For APC by opalu: 8:05am On Oct 24, 2018
Wow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Releases Handwritten Letter, Ends Sit-At-Home In The South-East / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi / Troops Annihilate Boko Haram Fighters In Marte, Recover Gpmgs(graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.