Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,627 members, 7,827,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO (15431 Views)

20 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Now 131 Confirmed Cases, 2 Deaths / Italian Man Who Brought Coronavirus To Nigeria Now Negative / Nigeria’s Life Expectancy In 2019 Third Lowest In The World — UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2018
Why is fulani herdsmen not in the list of highest killers in Nigeria? Lives lost through them is higher than all sicknesses put together
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 24, 2018
hisexcellency34:
It used to be 45 years. Now Buhari's government has added 10 more years. Sai baba till 2050. Do you see reason why this man is the best President Nigeria ever had?

LOL

Seriously, have you read Animal Farm?
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by tunary(m): 9:24am On Oct 24, 2018
What you believe will definitely work for you
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Rebuke: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2018
In the next 70years, I will still be here well and kicking, if Jesus tarries.

Yhu all can choose to believe any report but I choose to believe d report of d Lord, Most High!

WHO didn't make me, so they can't decide on how long I live.

Bounce outa thread.
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:
I disagree

I understand the average Nigerian is under pressure to make ends meet but if this was a stats for the US, I'd agree because of the diverse health conditions that's more rampant.

We're stronger than this. All these conditions stated are not peculiar to Nigeria and they don't kill Nigerians as it's painted here.

https://www.nairaland.com/4806270/world-life-expectancy-2018-top

Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Horus(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJfOAoAdu6I

Tackling low life expectancy in Nigeria
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by bigpicture001: 9:34am On Oct 24, 2018
yes..lets praise OBJ for that. He invested heavily in health infrastructure..jonathan,and buhari did nothing in that direction...good news!
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by AmazingELixir: 9:37am On Oct 24, 2018
grin

This is even generous,young people die like fowl in Nigeria
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Tonytonex(m): 9:45am On Oct 24, 2018
Abeg make them tell buhari
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 24, 2018
hisexcellency34:
It used to be 45 years. Now Buhari's government has added 10 more years. Sai baba till 2050. Do you see reason why this man is the best President Nigeria ever had?

Dumb... life expectancy increased under what indices?

Numerous jobs than previous or access to healthcare than previous?

2 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 24, 2018
hisexcellency34:

You are excellently foolish.

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by AtikuDeman: 9:55am On Oct 24, 2018
wink
hisexcellency34:
Thunder fire buhari, the 45 years and lastly the very person am .....
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by poyebad: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2018
You did not add other four leading causes of death in Nigeria such as:
1) Boko Haraminitis
2) Policitis accidentaldischarginoma
3) Fulanities herdsmaenemia
4) Hungerlities hungrymenoma sydrome

kraftysprouts:
The 2018 average life expectancy for Nigerians is now 55 years, a global data shows.

According to the latest World Health Organisation data published for 2018 life expectancy in Nigeria, a male given birth to in Nigeria in 2018 is expected to live approximately 54.7 years while a female is expected to live approximately 55.7 years in good health. The data shows Nigeria has a World life expectancy ranking of 178 out of 192 ranked countries.

However, the average life expectancy at birth in Nigeria is 55.2 years, an improvement from the previous figure, 47.

Meanwhile, the released statistical report by Nigerian Bureau of Statistics (NBS) for 2017 has it that females can live for approximately 51 years while males can live for just 47 years.

The report shows that residents in Nigeria are liable to die of sicknesses and diseases, as well as other causes.

Causes of death listed in the report are influenza, pneumonia, tuberculosis, diarrhoeal diseases, stroke, HIV/AIDS, coronary heart disease, liver disease, prostate cancer, diabetes mellitus, maternal conditions, malaria, breast cancer, meningitis, cervical cancer, lung disease and low birth weight.

Other causes include accident, road traffic and birth trauma among others.

A study published last week had said life expectancy in Nigeria can increase to 74.8 years by 2040.

The study, “Forecasting life expectancy, years of life lost, and all-cause and cause-specific mortality for 250 causes of death: reference and alternative scenarios for 2016-40 for 195 countries and territories using data from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016,” was carried out by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME).

IHME is an independent global health research organisation at the University of Washington that provides rigorous and comparable measurement of the world’s most important health problems and evaluates the strategies used to address them.

Source: https://healthable.org/nigeria-life-expectancy-in-nigeria-now-55-years-who/

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by AtikuDeman: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2018
hisexcellency34:
You are indeed blessed with stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 24, 2018
If this is true, then wahala dey oh.
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Horus(m): 10:04am On Oct 24, 2018
Nigeria need high-quality specialty hospitals, with accomplished and experienced doctors
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by oddoood: 10:19am On Oct 24, 2018
MizzRain961:
Apart from making it easier for the woman to sleep and improving the skin. Checkout the other health benefits of swallowing your partners 'cum' during pre-intimacy

https://www.nairaland.com/4263585/swallowing-cum-pregnancy-/6113#72365282

Kuku turn am to milk for making tea nah.

Health benefits my foot!

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by joey048(m): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2018
killuminati:
shocked

Mumu statistic! Come IB come see old old people everywhere.

From 80, 93, 102, 109, 115, 118 and even up to 133yrs.

Crazy dudes.
bros calm down you know how many people de die for road. bokoharam so many diseases that the statistic they are more people under 60 than above 60
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 24, 2018
dynicks:
Even without reading thru d passage, this is d way I hurriedly jumped into conclusion that buhari is d reason behind d low life expectancy being experienced in this country

Buhari is the architect of all the problems we have in Nigeria.
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 24, 2018
killuminati:
shocked

Mumu statistic! Come IB come see old old people everywhere.

From 80, 93, 102, 109, 115, 118 and even up to 133yrs.

Crazy dudes.

115 118 133 without birth certificate abi?

Blatant false figures.

Meanwhile a 133 year old woman in ibadan should have children that are 116, 113, 111, 110, 108 years age.

That's how to detect such falsehoods in Nigeria.
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Litmus: 10:51am On Oct 24, 2018
Perhaps it would be more helpful to Nigeria if life expectancy were broken down by states because, I have to tell you, in my sphere of experience in Delta State, people dey live long o. Not that I’m complaining but I’m not aware of elderly folks (50 and upwards) dying from anything save for accidents or excesses like drink, drugs or sex. In fact, one relative lived so long and was so wizened and active when she finally died whispers were that she had been murdered because some found it offensive that she had outlived her children and in danger of outliving the grandchildren. lipsrsealed
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by jedisco(m): 10:52am On Oct 24, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:
I disagree

I understand the average Nigerian is under pressure to make ends meet but if this was a stats for the US, I'd agree because of the diverse health conditions that's more rampant.

We're stronger than this. All these conditions stated are not peculiar to Nigeria and they don't kill Nigerians as it's painted here.

You're quite wrong. The average health indices for Nigeria is quite poor. The number of Nigerian children that die of malaria and diarrhoea or women dying as a result of complications in pregnancy is staggering especially compared to a lot of nations.
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by frankfrancis871: 11:12am On Oct 24, 2018
By the time we are through with the zoo, somalia will be paradise compared to what will happen. Read and get sense angry
frankfrancis871:
This is to inform nigerians, Africans and the world that any attempt to insult or wish any harm to Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB and Biafrans on social media WILL BE BRUTALLY RESISTED!
We IPOB supporters has been pushed to the wall, we want peace but since the gullible minds want this we will gladly do so.
You keep displaying your foolishness by hating Biafrans and people are dying here in the north and you are saying nothing. This is a pledge, a promise and a threat!
angry
signed
IPOB, Biafrans and Freedom lovers and supporters
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by chinedumoooo: 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2018
Sai baba buhari,some people are complaining while most people are enjoying their struggle.
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by biztip: 12:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
hardship can reduce life expectancy

Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 25, 2018
Is this supposed to make us happy? I wonder!!
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by kraftysprouts: 6:16am On Oct 25, 2018
poyebad:
You did not add other four leading causes of death in Nigeria such as:
1) Boko Haraminitis
2) Policitis accidentaldischarginoma
3) Fulanities herdsmaenemia
4) Hungerlities hungrymenoma sydrome

Lol
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by kraftysprouts: 6:23am On Oct 25, 2018
hisexcellency34:

Hmmm
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by kraftysprouts: 6:24am On Oct 25, 2018
menesheh:
Yet, We are the most prayerful nation on earth.

Ohh!! I forget we love entering heaven early in life.

UK life expectancy at 79.2 years for men and 82.9 years for women. They undoubtedly love entering heaven very late.

LOL, our chest
Re: Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO by kraftysprouts: 6:25am On Oct 25, 2018
Gangster1ms:
And I'm 54.. baba God abeg oh cry

Lol,
You are safe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another COVID-19 Patient Delivered Of A Baby At LUTH / No New Confirmed Cases Of Ebola In Lagos! / Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.