Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,903 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Hay Guys My First Part Of My Book - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hay Guys My First Part Of My Book (1153 Views)

I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. / My Book Of Inspiration / My Book Of Rants! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hay Guys My First Part Of My Book by WhoOfWho: 2:22pm On Jul 17, 2010
By Jamie Page

In fall of 2043 a comet from space crashed into Earth
And the citizens of Earth were dying by the minute.

25/10/2043

As I lie awake I reflect on my day,

I went to the post office and sent my bills off then I went to work at X. Ray Tas.
My day will never change….

Jamie Page

26/10/2043

What a day,

Today was flat out WOW!. When I went to the Coffee house as always, I brought a double latte. The girl across from me kept staring at me. She had brown hair and blue eyes. As she made her way across the floor to talk to me my heart started to race. She gave me her number and told me to call her when I have a free night…

There is two days to my birthday now and I am looking forward to it.

Jamie Page

27/10/2043

Isn’t funny how a week can change just like that….

Today I called the girl. She told me she was dared to. I thought to myself this always happens. I felt like crying. The world had turned on me again. Oh well I better get some sleep, I am going to see mum tomorrow…

Jamie Page

28/10/2043

Damn……

Today on my birthday the citizens of earth were told there was a comet coming to earth. But there was a bigger chance of it hitting the moon. Well this could only happen to me on my birthday…… Poor Mum Dad died last year. Nick had also died. Mum, Bella and I was all that was left,

Jamie Page

30/10/2043

Mum is dead…,

As Mum, Bella and I sat watching the T.V yesterday it cut out. I was being the “Big Brave Man” saying it could be anything. But deep inside I knew it was over…
Just a told them to get up the tree behind the house fell through It landed on mum. I did everything I could to save her Bella was screaming. I left mum.
I had to save Bella. I kissed mum and closed her eyes. I told Bella we had to go to my house. Bella wouldn’t leave mum. I had to drag her. I blew a Kiss to mum and said I was sorry, When we got to my house Bella went downstairs were I had built a Bunker for when WW3 nearly happened I went down to the shopping mall to grab some supplies. I saw People screaming and I don’t think il ever forget what I saw. A little girl lying in the middle of the road, Poor girl I guess she was hit in the looting. I ran into Northgate it was trashed. I ran into Coles and grabbed food we needed I also ran into sanity and grabbed all the DVDs and CDs that were there. Then I went to the Camping Hut and grabbed a Gun and a Generator.

When I passed the petrol station I grabbed about 500 liters of diesel.

The next morning Bella was sitting on her bed looking at old photos of mum and dad. When I woke up it hit me that mum was dead. I heard a knock on the door. I took the gun and walked up stairs. It was the girl from the coffee place. “Please help me.” She said “I have nowhere to go.” I wasn’t going to let her die. As I lay awake that night I wonder what was going to happen it couldn’t be worse than this anyway I better sleep night.

Jamie Page,

31/10/2043

I cant believe I said “It can get worse.”

Well I woke up at 3am. I started the generator I looked everywhere for the diesel I went out side to my car in was about -4 degrease I had left it in my boot I ran back inside. I turned on the heater and sat in front of it. Then I put on Doctor Who. All I could think off was mum being in the cold…. I Put on three tops and took my car back to Bridgewater. I Got mum off I shot the branch. I carried mum to the bridge. I Played”Life is a Highway” from my phone and walked of into the darkness. When I got home I went back to sleep. I turned on the T.V and looked. The News Reporter gave me fears. Russia had launched Nukes around the world to save us the pain……. It was over I failed mum

Jamie Page…

1/11/2043

Well Russia backed out at the last minute but days were getting longer and the weather was acting up more and more. I think will be lucky to live another week.
Bella is fine I am hoping that the comet misses the moon and hits Earth. At least then there will be hope for humanity. The first Comet missed and it went past and caused an earthquake. It reached 7.10 on the scale and knocked the tree down. Civilization has broke down completely, people are running around everywhere

I found out the girl who turned up last night’s name it is Jenny.

Jamie Page…,

2/11/2043

When I went outside today I saw the comet is was blocking out the sun. My last hope was that they would fire weapons they already had and it failed. It missed the moon. So that’s a plus but there I only hours till it hits Earth……. This may well be my last log…. I will protect Bella and Jenny with my last breaths…,

Jamie Page……

16/11/2043

It Hit…,

It hit on the 3rd and I am guessing half the world has died. All I know is that Bella and Jenny are fine and so am I. as long as we have each other and food it will be fine….

Jamie Page…,

20/11/2043

Jenny’s dead…….

We got robbed on the 17th I thought I lost my log…. I tried to kill them
Jenny got shot. I killed her. They made me choose between her and Bella.
Poor Bella got punched up. They took our diesel and food. I promised mum I would look after Bella. I wish mum was here its getting colder here everyday I need to get food. Ill try in the morning………

Night

Jamie Page

21st/11/2043

Its so cold…,

I got food and water. But it came at a cost. I have frostbites all over. I got the diesel back I didn’t care that I had to kill him. I have no mercy anymore he killed Jenny, so I killed him. I left his family with some food and water. I also gave them some diesel I can’t watch people die. There is too much death in this world I aint going to cause anymore.

Jamie Page….

22nd/11/2043

We had to move…,

Earthquakes were bad today. Shops were destroyed we finally had to move. We were going to go back to the family home but the bridges were gone…, The Tasman bridge was gone. So was the Bowen and Bridgewater. We went to New Norfolk. They wasn’t hit as bad, we found a house. I thought as Bella as a baby I did everything for her.

Jamie Page…….

23rd/11/2043

Bella!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe I am writing now I lost Bella. She was gone when I woke up. It’s snowing and the sun has been blocked out because of the dust I am snowed in I cant leave. I am going to do anything to find her I swear to God if anyone touches her I will kill them….

25th/11/2043

I found her…….

Its great we are home again. She left and tried to find mum’s body. She was too late I hadn’t told her what I did on the 31st of last month. I told her she punched me and asked me why I didn’t tell her. I lied and told her because mum wouldn’t want her youngest daughter there. Bella is now 37 so that sounded like a stupid thing to say but Bella just walked to her room. I also deadlocked her window I locked her door when she went in I cant let her leave again. I love her too much.

Jamie Page….

26th/11/2043

I am tired…

It’s frozen outside. All the documentaries I have seen say this type of winters last for decades I just hope it ends soon. It’s too cold and Bella and I are bored we watch movies but there getting boring. I am 47. I don’t have any kids and I want a wife. I am tired off this life wasn’t here I would kill myself.

Jamie Page

27/11/2043

I am over it…,

I know Bella is sick but she wont let me she her. I don’t know what to do I have taken the locks off her room. She just sits there staring at space. Maybe Bella would like too here stories of dad I don’t know but I have to do something.

Jamie Page…,

30th/11/2043

Bella is dying

I don’t know. Poor Bella is throwing up every second minute I think she is dying I have been looking after her so much if she dies I die all she is saying is she wants too she mum again. I cant take her to the site. we will die. I think she is dying anyway it was because she left that day. Well If she gets worse I will take her.

Jamie Page…,

1st/12/2043

We have too

Its -10 degrees outside and we are almost out of diesel Bella is throwing up blood. She has only got a couple days left I am going to take her. I think there is a Abounded Ice ring around here in the morning I will go grab the ice buffer, and ride the Derwent river down to Bridgewater I will then take Bella under the Jordan river bridge. I am fine though I don’t feel sick I could survive this but I love Bella too much I will give her, her last wish.

Night,
Jamie Page……,

2nd/12/2043

Bella won’t go

Bella is so smart she thinks she just has the cold. She wont listen I think she will die God forbid. But I will fight till my last breath to save her that’s how much I Love her. It’s getting warmer as well. I think the Comet wasn’t as big as we thought. Its not as big as the one that wiped out the dinosaurs. I will make sure I survive and I hope Bella does too.

Night
Jamie Page.

5th/12/2043

So I am able to go outside now the winter has ended it was the coldest 5 days ever Well I cant call it a winter. Bella is getting better I think she will be fine now. I am going out to find more people. My old body is going to give up soon. I need to have kids but It’s too late.

Jamie Page…,
6th/12/2043

Hmmmm?

What do I do? Where do I go? How do I help?

I looked and looked for life I couldn’t find one person; it wasn’t even that long of a winter. Bella and I cant be the only people left can we? As soon as the snow is gone in the morning we are going out.

We will find life if it kills me.

Jamie Page…….

Part 1/7
Re: Hay Guys My First Part Of My Book by Anu79: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2010
Interesting, but it has a lot of typos you may need to look at it again,
Re: Hay Guys My First Part Of My Book by dumodust(m): 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2010
what the hell is this?

(1) (Reply)

Submissions For The Caine Prize / Hope And The Island Of Greatness(a Motivational Fiction) / The Untold Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.