Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

VON DG Calls For Oshiomhole’s Resignation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VON DG Calls For Oshiomhole’s Resignation (445 Views)

APC Group Rejects Call For Oshiomhole’s Resignation, Slams Yahaya Bello, Others / DSS Arrest: Tinubu Reacts To Calls For Oshiomhole's Removal / Tinubu Told To Withdraw Support For Oshiomhole To Avert APC Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VON DG Calls For Oshiomhole’s Resignation by 15Ebisco: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2018
The Director-General of the Voice of Nigeria, Osita Okechukuwu, has called for the resignation of the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr Adams Oshiomhole.

Okechukwu made the call on Wednesday during an appearance on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily.

He said, “The little I could read on Comrade Oshiomhole is that he suffers from nacism what in a local palace is called ‘I too know.’

“He doesn’t believe in anybody except himself. He has a fascination with himself and that is costly for the APC. So he should just resign.”

Okechukwu, who is also a senatorial aspirant for the Enugu West District, also blamed the crisis in the APC on the alleged authoritarianism of the party’s leadership.

According to him, the negative reactions trailing the recent conduct of the party’s primaries across the states of the federation is as a result of people placing personal interests over that of the party.

“What I am saying is that the crisis on the ground could be located on preferences to kindreds and cronies because if he (Oshiomhole) was genuine, the National Working Committee could have been in a place to resolve the issue.

“If there was no authoritarianism or high handedness in his governance, these people could have looked into the composition.”

The VON Boss stated further that if the party’s collective interest was placed first above personal interests, the APC would not be in crisis.

While citing Section 20 of the party’s constitution, Okechukwu said its leadership should have taken into consideration the Federal Character Principle before making rules and regulations for the conduct of its primaries.

He explained that the party under its current leadership have drifted from its change mantra it promised in the 2015 general election

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/von-dg-calls-for-oshiomholes-resignation.html

Re: VON DG Calls For Oshiomhole’s Resignation by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 24, 2018
Okechukwu, I beg JOIN LINE
Re: VON DG Calls For Oshiomhole’s Resignation by joudini(m): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2018
This is the first time I'm seeing heads of public institutions that are so unapologetically partisan. Na wa o.
Re: VON DG Calls For Oshiomhole’s Resignation by SadiqBabaSani: 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2018
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Obas Lament Poor Treatment By Immediate Past Administration / Photos: South-east Traders Visit Buhari / WASC: PDP Finally Confirms Saintliness On Buhari’s Integrity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.