Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Rediscover Nigeria Heritage Bikers Tour - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rediscover Nigeria Heritage Bikers Tour (307 Views)

My Visit To The Badagry Heritage Museum Built In 1863 / Home Of Guild Of Benin Bronze Casters: World Heritage Site / Mountain Cougar Attacked Two Bikers, Mauled One To Death In Washington(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rediscover Nigeria Heritage Bikers Tour by NCMM: 9:09pm On Oct 24, 2018
Power bikers are adventurous they say! The National Commission for Museums and Monuments in collaboration with First Idea Concept (Latin American Motorcycle Association - LAMA) presents REDISCOVER NIGERIA HERITAGE BIKERS TOUR which was flagged off by Mr President, Muhammadu Buhari ably represented by the Minister of Culture, Alh. Lai Muhammed yesterday at the Eagle Square ground.

This tour involves foreign and local power bikers touring the heritage and monument sites of the country. This year's edition will feature 11 states of the federation. They'll be visiting individual states's governors, museums, monuments and other interesting tourist sites.

The minister in his flag off speech was most eloquent. (See the speech below):

SPEECH BY THE HONOURABLE MINISTER OF INFORMATION AND CULTURE ALHAJI LAI MOHAMMED ON 23RD OCTOBER 2018 BY 11:00AM AT THE EAGLE SQUARE GROUND, ABUJA ON THE OCCASION OF THE FLAG OFF OF THE REDISCOVER HERITAGE BIKERS TOURS TO ELEVEN STATES IN NIGERIA.

Protocols
Ladies and gentlemen,
I am very happy to welcome you to the flag off of Heritage Bikers Tour of Nigeria, 2018. I am very delighted to convey to the participants the appreciation of the people of Nigeria for visiting us. I also bring warm greetings from the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR to you all.

I am very pleased at this laudable initiative birthed by the National Commission for Museums and Monuments (NCMM) and First Entertainment Company.

This tour will take local and international biking groups, led by LAMA Bikers, to museums, monuments and heritage sites in 11 states of the Federation. These are tourist sites under the auspices of the National Commission for Museums and Monuments of Nigeria.

LAMA Bikers though citizens of different nations of the world including Brazil, Mexico, the USA, Puerto Rico, South Africa, but are joined together by a common desire to promote heritage and tourism in nations that welcome them. Nigeria has welcome them in line with our ambition to make tourism a veritable income earner for this nation.

I hope you all enjoy your tour and go back to your individual countries with good memories and good testimonies of Nigerian hospitality. May Providence shower His protection on you as you embark on this tour to different parts of Nigeria.

Without much ado, let me once again appreciate all the stake holders, organizations and the media for their efforts to make today a reality.

I wish you safe journey. Ciao.

Thank you and God bless.

These adventurous seeking bikers are coming to prove to the world that it is indeed very easy to visit Nigeria, because as a tourist, you can get VISA on ARRIVAL in Nigeria. More so, they also want to tell that world that Nigerians are not bad people, they are one of the most hospitable nation on earth.

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Bribes And The Other Phuckery At The Nigerian Airport / 19 Children Drown In Kwara Boat Mishap / Parks/ Gardens To Hold A Picnic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.