Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad (8071 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Replies Justice Binta Nyako Suggesting Prison To Be Safest For Him / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua And Murtala Nyako In Mecca (Throwback Photo) / Zainab Murtala Nyako Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by MeanChris(m): 10:35pm On Oct 24, 2018
Wednesday, October 24th 2018

Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court sitting in Maitama Abuja, on Tuesday granted an application by a former governor of Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, seeking the release of his travelling documents to enable him travel to Germany for medical check-up.

Moving the application dated September 20, Ibrahim Isiyaku, representing the 4th and 8th defendants, urged the court to grant the application on health grounds.

Responding, counsel to the EFCC, Rotimi Jacobs, who raised no objection to the application said, “the defendant has never made such application and as such I have no reason to object.”

Justice Abang granted the application and directed the Chief Registrar of the Court to release Mr Nyako’s international passport for renewal to enable him travel for medical check-up

The judge, however, added that Nyako should ensure that “he is back in the country on or before December 30, 2018”, upon which he shall re-submit his traveling documents to the court.

Earlier, Mr Jacobs had informed the court that the matter was for continuation of hearing of the PW20, adding that the said witness was unavoidably absent in court. He asked the court for another date to present the witness.

Mr Isiyaku, who held brief for Mr Nyako’s counsel, Kanu Agabi, did not oppose the application.

Justice Abang granted the prosecution’s prayer and adjourned to October 25 for continuation of hearing.

Mr Nyako is facing trial in a N29 billion fraud charge preferred against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

He is being prosecuted alongside his son, Abdul-Aziz Nyako, Abubakar Aliyu and Zulkifikk Abba on a 37-count charge of criminal conspiracy, stealing, abuse of office and money laundering.

Five companies that allegedly served as conduit pipes for illegal diversion of the funds- Blue Opal Limited, Sebore Farms and Extension Limited, Pagoda Fortunes Limited, Tower Assets Management Limited and Crust Energy Limited, were equally charged before the court as the 5th to 9th defendants.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/292240-alleged-n29bn-fraud-court-grants-nyakos-request-to-travel-abroad.html

1 Like

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by MeanChris(m): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2018
Naija!

Make una check the difference o

400million to 29bn

It's ok o

Later some people will be demanding patriotism from the easterners..

How can one be patriotic to a country that doesn't give two shits about you??

9 Likes

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by sarrki(m): 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2018
That’s double standard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by sarrki(m): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2018
Apc led government is deviating fromhis principle they preached

Why nah

4 Likes

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by Ehiscotch(m): 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2018
sarrki:
Apc led government is deviating fromhis principle they preached

Why nah

Is APC now the judiciary or is Abang now " an APC judge".
This your level of reasoning is why certain corrupt elements are never prosecuted.

I know you hate anything APC but you cannot let you toxicity consume your reasoning.

If APC were so partial, would they still be prosecuting the Nyako?

Won't he be a "saint" walking free and won't the charges have been dropped?

9 Likes

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by MeanChris(m): 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2018
Ehiscotch:

This your level of reasoning is why certain corrupt elements are never prosecuted.

I know you hate anything APC but you cannot let you toxicity consume your reasoning.

Lol, this one has no idea who he is talking to.

Haa cheesy cheesy cheesy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by oblaak(m): 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2018
The way I hear this billions everyday, I begin to wonder how these monies are made or how can one person manage to steal such a huge amount without being caught or how do these people do it?

Please someone should try and answer me..

1 Like

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by PFRB: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2018
Ehiscotch:

Abang is clearly an APC judge.

12 Likes

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by BruncleZuma: 9:49am On Oct 25, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 25, 2018
See money o
Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 25, 2018
That one don japaaa be that..

Bros can't do medical check up in 9ja, issokay o.

2 Likes

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by Etizz: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2018
Me I can't wait for feBUHARI 2019 to come so I can vote a pATIKUlar Presidential candidate.. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by dynicks(m): 9:51am On Oct 25, 2018
Naija politicians no get conscience nd joy when it comes to stealing..

4 Likes

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by tgmservice: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2018
Such a useless country

Politician keep looting money but no strong measures are put in place to curb it

Just moving around in circles and the politicians end up being released.
Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2018
As a gov u no build hospital. U deserve to die abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by NwaAmaikpe: 9:52am On Oct 25, 2018
shocked

Remind me to thank Karma when she visits Justice Abang.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by dam2000(m): 9:53am On Oct 25, 2018
God wil destroy people that destroy this country
Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by Pelaiye2703(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2018
If I’m being correct, China new constructed bridge cost 17bn naira. I’m not being pessimistic about not having a good future here in Nigeria. It’s an established fact that Nigeria will never be better than it is now. We’re been ruled by selfish and callous politicians.

1 Like

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by crea8graphix(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2018
How will someone steal 29billion when he will not live forever.

1 Like

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by LaughButton01(m): 10:00am On Oct 25, 2018
sai baba

1 Like

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by lexy2014: 10:01am On Oct 25, 2018
MeanChris:
Naija!

Make una check the difference o

400million to 29bn

It's ok o

Later some people will be demanding patriotism from the easterners..

How can one be patriotic to a country that doesn't give two shits about you??
whether its APC or PDP, must they all go abroad? Y is that once they are accused of stealing, they develop a sickness that can only b cured abroad? C obanikoro, omisore and these clowns nyarko and metuh
Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2018
Kanu told them....THEY BINTA NYAKO STROKE A DEAL WITH FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HIS HUSBAND FREEDOM FOR NNAMDI KANUS CASE FRUSTRATION

BUT WHAT DO WE CARE SINCE ITS COMING FROM KANUS MOUTH ITS A LIE

NOW WE ALL SEE IT....

WE WANT OUT OF NIGERIA IT HAS NOT WORKED AND WILL NEVER WORK
Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2018
Politicians... Smh
Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by izombie(m): 10:03am On Oct 25, 2018
Ehiscotch:

dude did you check who you quoted? That's sarrki, one of the chief zombies here on nairaland. Check again before you accuse him of being against apc.

4 Likes

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by MrPaul2: 10:03am On Oct 25, 2018
Ehiscotch:

Who own the judiciary, EFCC, police as we speak?

3 Likes

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by Offpoint: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2018
Nigerians politicians always playing the "Sick Card" whenever they're being tried... May Cancer of the blood and cardiac arrest befall them corrupt ones all...

1 Like

Re: N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad by Mccullum: 10:04am On Oct 25, 2018
I'm not surprise by way and manners some concluding their respond to politicians affairs and being partial due to tribalism and religion differences among Nigerians, this is our major problem.

The EFCC lawyer said ever since the legal battle started against Nyanko, he hasn't make such request since unlike Metu who has been making such request from the inception of his case.. That's why he didn't against the request of Nyanko's lawyers.

We all have a reason to analyze issues but on this I think the judge is partial.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Printing More Money: See What Hyper Inflation Caused In Somaliland (photos) / This Is The Guy They Called Peter Obi's Son(photos) / Nigeria Will Soar Higher Under Tinubu’s Presidency – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.