Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World (23098 Views)

Aliko Dangote And His Ex Wife Meet, Years After Divorce (Photos) / Photos Of Aliko Dangote's Former Wife And Fatima's Mother / Abdulrahman Fasasi: Aliko Dangote's Adopted Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by edunwablog: 2:25am On Oct 25, 2018
Aliko Dangote, president of Dangote Group, has been named the sixth most charitable man in the World, by Richtopia, a digital periodical that covers business, economics, and financial news, based in the United Kingdom.

Dangote recently endowed his foundation to the tune of $1.25 billion.

Warren Buffett, Bill Gates and J. K. Rowlings occupied the first three positions while Oprah Winfrey and Elon Musk were in the fourth and fifth position respectively.

Aside Dangote, Tony Elumelu, chairman of United Bank for Africa was 11th on the list and these two were the only Nigerians on the list.

Dangote started his foundation, Aliko Dangote Foundation in 1981, with a mission to enhance opportunities for social change through strategic investments that improve health and wellbeing, promote quality education, and broaden economic empowerment opportunities.

Aliko Dangote Foundation was, however, incorporated in 1994 as a charity in Lagos, Nigeria. 20 years later, the Foundation has become the largest private Foundation in sub-Saharan Africa, with the largest endowment by a single African donor.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/10/aliko-dangote-named-6th-most-charitable.html

11 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by socialmediaman: 2:27am On Oct 25, 2018
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by 36pripa(m): 2:52am On Oct 25, 2018
Man-Like-Dangote

I love Dangote( even amongst all the rumours of him being a channel for money laundering by politicians) because he looks smart and daring ,however I don't see him doing things very spectacular with his foundation. Although he has done some great stuff, most of what he does is give around #10k to market women. Like, 10k will make meaning to them but will it really grow another Dangote?

For me, Elumelu's foundation that helps gather 10,000 entrepreneurs in Africa yearly is more effective. Africa needs to get past this beggarly philanthropic system. Maybe investing 100million in 20 individuals who will become mini-dangotes will make more meaning to the economy and country than share 10k to 10,000 market women.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by mendii(m): 2:54am On Oct 25, 2018
an overrated piece of crap

8 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Yankee101: 3:02am On Oct 25, 2018
This is cool

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by CAPSLOCKED: 8:22am On Oct 25, 2018
HE'S A MUSLIM THAT DOESN'T SOW SEED. DOESN'T PAY TITHES, OR GO TO PASTORS FOR DELIVERANCE OR ANOINTING.
HE DOESN'T OWE ANY PASTORS NO FAVORS AND HE'S MAKING HIS MONEY, EMPLOYING THE JOBLESS (THIS INCLUDES THOSE THAT TITHE), AND HELPING THE LESS PRIVILEGED.

BUT..... A CERTAIN GROUP OF PEOPLE CLAIM THAT WHEN HE DIES AFTER ALL HIS GOOD WORK HE'S HEADING FOR ETERNAL PAIN AND DAMNATION IN HELL JUST BECAUSE HE WASN'T A CHRISTIAN. grin

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Offpoint: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2018
To the mod that banned me for 2 days for sharing something beneficial on nairaland in the name of I was derailing a thread, but feint blindness to tribal war and all the bullshits going on here. even when I send you guys mail of apologies, you paid deaf ears to it. I don't wanna say anything right now cause there is so much anger in my heart right now cuz I might spit fire.... I'll reserve it for later.

Just know nothing last forever and most Nairalanders are here because of fellow nairalanders... not because of you guys or seùn himself.

11 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by myners007: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2018
Why are there no representatives from the east and west
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by pre5: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2018
ok
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by BubuZombi: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2018
This Dangite Man Is Moving Fast Like Mehn...

God Bless Our Hustles

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by OyinO: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2018
Fat and ugly lie. Next lie pls

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2018
Education is life. How it has imparted the life of Dangote. A man so exposed, free, simple and enlightened. Some of the few people that always assure us that something good can come out of the north. How I wish northerners can emulate this great man.

Illiteracy+tribal bigotry+religion fanaticism is one of the greatest problem of humanity and that's what Northerners mostly are suffering from. North too can be great. May God continue to proper Dangote. He's a role model

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Primusinterpares(m): 8:24am On Oct 25, 2018
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:24am On Oct 25, 2018
OK. So OTE $$ is just stingy, and only spending on his girls. Yolobas and stingyness ehn.. Tufiakwa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by mrp0806: 8:24am On Oct 25, 2018
Rubbish
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Primusinterpares(m): 8:24am On Oct 25, 2018
ok nice one ...
Reminds me of some people that are good outside and wicked inside...

kudos bro
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by plainol(m): 8:25am On Oct 25, 2018
I bet to disagree.

Dangote is the second most wicked person in Nigeria after Buhari.

This guy has killed more companies in Nigeria than recession.

His trailers has also killed more people than malaria and HIV combined.

He has made more people homeless with cut throat cement price than hurricane.

He has also made more Nigerians hungry by increasing the price of flour, sugar etc madly.

That guy is an opportunist, a very wicked opportunist.

Has anyone seen any retailer that makes good profit on any of his products?

I'm waiting for answers.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by akinemma1: 8:26am On Oct 25, 2018
What if I tell you that the is the first time I will be hearing that Aliko Dangote has a foundation.

If this is your first time, click like, If you are aware before click share.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2018
Success get many friends. The Dangote refinery projects currently going on in Ibeju-Lekki is another landmark and great feat.
Ibeju-Lekki is so promising and top Investment destination for investors.
Already built Estates also available in Abijo, Lekki, Lagos and Ikorodu where all you need is to pay and pack in.
Just a click away from you.
https:///send?phone=2348062342001
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Richwole: 8:26am On Oct 25, 2018
Dangote truck driver earn 35k monthly.
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Phygo(m): 8:27am On Oct 25, 2018
If we no get money, wetin we gain?

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by kronos1: 8:27am On Oct 25, 2018
Tainks,
I uised daingote solt too
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Lordofthewest(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2018
Beta pikin...real riches makes no noise, empty barrells are always all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by Felixalex(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2018
All these statistics sef
Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by gregyboy(m): 8:28am On Oct 25, 2018
Have not seen is charity .imagine if bil gate had an origin in nigeria just imagine the type of investment or charity organization he would establish over the 36 state....dangote is simply doing this for name. not for the purpose that why he cant do it perfectly. i have never come across any dangote charity organization. instead is monopoly is all over the country ..a politician hiding under the blanket of buisness ...i would take tinubu than dangote any day

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by HajimeSaito(m): 8:29am On Oct 25, 2018
No surprises here. His fellow Abokis need charity more than anyone else.

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by OhiOfIhima: 8:30am On Oct 25, 2018
myners007:
Why are there no representatives from the east and west

Bia.. You don start abi

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by skentelelady(f): 8:30am On Oct 25, 2018
No hating

I like Aliko but I can't see nor feel his impact in this generation. Like someone said above, Tony Elumelu is still more recognised in Africa because we can see how he's impacting the African youths.

Youths are the future leaders so impact their lives.

I see myself doing better in the nearest future because giving is my nature. So help me God

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by GeorgeTheCoder: 8:31am On Oct 25, 2018
He should start by paying his workers well.

I have never met a Nigerian worker in Dangote group who spoke well of his renumeration. He pays peanuts to Nigerians and fortunes to Indians.

My Dangote, keep your charity. Pay decent wages.

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Named 6th Most Charitable Person In The World by RealSniper: 8:32am On Oct 25, 2018
36pripa:
Man-Like-Dangote

I love Dangote( even amongst all the rumours of him being a channel for money laundering by politicians) because he looks smart and daring ,however I don't see him doing things very spectacular with his foundation. Although he has done some great stuff, most of what he does is give around #10k to market women. Like, 10k will make meaning to them but will it really grow another Dangote?

For me, Elumelu's foundation that helps gather 10,000 entrepreneurs in Africa yearly is more effective. Africa needs to get past this beggarly philanthropic system. Maybe investing 100million in 20 individuals who will become mini-dangotes will make more meaning to the economy and country than share 10k to 10,000 market women.
Na ur type dey fail exam easily. Without proper research into Dangote foundation you decided to come to a wrong conclusion, and your type may be counted among the educated lot in Nigeria.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joseph Wayas Celebrates His 79th Birthday Today / Exchange Rate: Why Prices Of Goods Will Remain High, Despite Naira Appreciation / COO Grand Cubana, Omoaefe Ejere Mother Dies At 76 (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.