Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

What Is A Secret Which You Would Not Tell Anybody In Real Life, But Would On Qu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is A Secret Which You Would Not Tell Anybody In Real Life, But Would On Qu (288 Views)

Qu / A Story To Illustrate The Warning: Look Before You Leap - Wassce English Past Qu / Qatar University (QU) 2021 Scholarships For International Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is A Secret Which You Would Not Tell Anybody In Real Life, But Would On Qu by written007: 9:38am On Oct 25, 2018
Anonymous
Answered Apr 15 · Upvoted by Tatiana Estévez, works at Quora

This is the first time I am sharing this with anyone. Going anonymous because I have many friends in quora and I dont want share these details about me with them.

My father had an extramarital affair with my mother and he was already married and had 4 children, three boys and a girl from that marriage. Because of his infidelity, in came lil old me, a babyboy. Nobody wanted to accept me. My mother wanted to abort me because I will ‘ruin’ her health and body but due to medical complications she wasn’t able to do that. My father did not want anything to ruin his marriage. But it was my destiny and I came into existence.

So what do you do in a country like Pakistan where societies pressure is too much and to save face, my father married my mother

My father was a very rich guy and was an only child of his parents and he did not have any relatives and my mother was from a small family who ran away from her home to become a model in Karachi, Pakistan.

During my birth, my mother passed away due to heavy blood loss and some other medical complications. So, my father took me to his own home where he lived with his first wife and their children. He asked her to care for as she would for her own children and because of my father’s power and authority she couldn’t say anything and had to obey his wishes.

I think life was good and I like to think it was good. When I was six years old, my father passed away because of heart attack. It was the most depressing day of my life. But then what happend with me, I would not wish it upon anyone.

One month after my father passed away, I was watching cartoons with my siblings as suddenly my mom (I did not know that she wasn’t my real mom) came into the room and slapped the shit out of me. I started crying and asked her what did I do?

I can't forget her words when she said that “I will make your life so ugly that you will regret the day you came out of that LovePeddler. I am not your mom and if you ever call me mom again I will kill you. You are the son of a LovePeddler and I will make your life so miserable that you will want to die”. I could not understand what was happening to me. Why my world suddenly changed from happyland to this hell.

She then looked at my siblings and told them complete story of my biological mother. They were all in their teens. She said to them that I was not their blood and they will treat me as they will treat their enemy otherwise they will also face punishment.

After that day my life went from bad to worse. I was not allowed to sit on dining table to eat with them. I was not allowed to continue my studies and she gave the reason to my school teacher that I was being homeschooled. I was not allowed a bed to sleep on. I remember when ot was summer, it was so hot and I wasn’t able to sleep because the living room was also too hot with AC or even a fan as I was not allowed to waste electricity. So Tiptoeing, I went to my siblings room where it felt like paradise with the AC. I put my blanket down on the floor and slept their but Paradise became hell. I was awakened by a hard kick in my head. My big brother who I used to adore and idolize and whom I trusted to protect me suddenly became my enemy. He then grabbed me by my hairs and pulled me up and then threw me away like a garbage back in to the living room amd said to me “How dare you come into our room you bastard. Now this is your place and If I ever see you again come in here I will beat you so much that you will not be able to recognize your face.”

That night I did not sleep. I cried and cried until I had no tears left and asked God why it happend to me? What did I do wrong?

In the same routinely abuse, three years passed. Now I was nine years old and a big boy. As I became older so did the intensity of physical abuse and emotional abuse.

My middle brother loved watching boxing. We had cable television in our home and his friends use to come over to watch TV. One day he asked me to come and watch boxing with them and I was baffled by this because If I was ever caught watching TV that meant I will be beaten by a thin pipe as it happend too many times to keep count. So I hesitated but went in there to watch boxing with them. After ten minutes, my brother asked me If I would like to play with his friends. I said okay because they were laughing with me or at me. They taught me proper boxing stance and taught me how to throw a punch. Here I was learning to box with kids twice my weight and atleast 7 years older than me. So the game started and my brother asked me to throw a punch at him and try my best to hit him and I did but I missed him and then he punched me so hard in my stomach that I went to ground with excruciating pain. Then he mocked me and said you are like a girl, crying on small things and he along with his friends started laughing. Angrily I got up to beat him up but was unsuccessful in my attempt and then he beat the shit out of me including kicks. I was bleeding from my nose and mouth. Our maid took me to hospital and said that I had fight with my friends at school. The maid also did not do anything and kept to herself only.

I don’t want to tell you the story for each year but I will tell you some example:

My brother used to wake me up by burning my toe with lighter. Now my toe has dead skin and its dark brown in color .

I was not allowed to study, read a book or watch TV or go outside our house other than to buy household items.

On summer, between 2 am to 6 am I use to sleep outside the room of my siblings because I was able to get burst of cold air from beneath the door which felt like heaven.

Only good time was when they all used to go outside the country for vacation. I was able to enjoy myself a little.

When I was 13 years old, I decided that it was enough and I ran from the house. I lived on the streets for one month and I had some money that I stole from my stepmom purse. Then came an elderly man and an angel for me who asked me about my home and I told him that I don’t have any. He took me to his home and I met with their family. He was a professor in a university in Karachi. He told me that If I feel comfortable I can live with them If I promise to study and improve my life. He also had two more girls just like me who he picked up from street and raised them as his own.

Present:

Now I am 25 years old, I am educated. I have a university degree. I have a job. Because of my baba (elderly man). I still have burnt toe. I still have cigarettes burns on my back. I still remember the sounds of countless slaps. I still remember my broken fingers.I still remember that hunger and empty stomach. But I still remember. I still remember everything.

1.1m Views · View Upvoters ·
Re: What Is A Secret Which You Would Not Tell Anybody In Real Life, But Would On Qu by CodeTemplar: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2018
How I believe Nigeria is more likely to move forward on the map/geographically than developmentally.

(1) (Reply)

Female Students Underwear Recovered From ‘one-chance’ Operators / Top MBA Programs In New Zealand / 161 Make First Class In Law School, 4790 Pass Overall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.