Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb (1322 Views)

Ndigbo Will Be Disgraced In Lagos On Saturday / List Of People That Will Be Disgraced When Jonathan Eventually Wins / Jonathan, Like Gbagbo, Will Be Disgraced Out Of Power – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by paddylo1(m): 6:00pm On Jul 17, 2010
[size=14pt]Withdraw or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells IBB[/size]

[size=13pt]Dr. Godwin Dabor has called on General Ibrahim Babangida to withdraw from contesting for the Peoples Democratic Party presidential ticket “so as to avoid being disgraced at the party’s presidential primary.” [/size]

Daboh, who is Deputy Chairman of a group called Move Nigeria Project, spoke to newsmen in Abuja where he said his group had gone round the country and that the response gathered was not favourably to Babangida contesting the 2011 presidential election.

Apart from Dabor, others present at the briefing included the National Coordinator of the group, Malam Abdullahi Mabirgi and the National Secretary, Mrs. Janet Suleiman.

[size=13pt]Daboh said that the former military president would be making the biggest mistake of his life if he thought the sympathy Nigerians showed to him when he lost his wife, Maryam, amounts to acceptability.
“With what happened in Kaduna on Thursday where members of the Northern Political Forum took a decision to support President Goodluck Jonathan, it is now obvious that Jonathan is going to become the next democratically elected president of Nigeria come 2011.
[/size]

“And one thing that Babangida should know, which I believe he is aware of, is that he knows that those who are in control of government machineries usually win election in this country.
“And from what happened on Thursday, it is now obvious that Jonathan is in control and he is going to win the next election. The leaders of the North that gathered in Kaduna showed clearly that he is going to win the next election.”

“Because of this, I am making the last appeal to Babangida to step down now. It is not too late for him to do that; so that you don’t ridicule yourself; you don’t demystify yourself.

“The demystification of Babangida will affect a whole generation of Nigerians. So, I am making this final appeal to him and Buhari as well should not go into the next election because the two of them are going to lose.

“There is a generational change in Nigeria . Jonathan is the continuation of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua mandate, which was giving to both of them in 2003.

[size=13pt]“President Jonathan is continuing with that mandate. I want to appeal to Babangida, who I leant had bought about 1000 cars, to realise that cars don’t win elections.[/size]

“The fact is that Nigerians have decided to have a change; to have a complete break from the past and have a new leadership. We have gone to many states in this country in the last 30 days and people are saying they are going to vote for Jonathan.

“Out of 36 states, if 26 are already committed to Jonathan, how many states are left for Babangida? We met with the governors and stakeholders and all of them said they were going to support Jonathan.

‘Cars will not win election for Babangida. What wins election is the people’s believe that you can deliver. It my final appeal to him. If he doesn’t withdraw now, he is going to be shocked and disgraced by majority of Nigerians who have elected to support Jonathan.

“The forces against him are the forces of all Nigerians that want a change. The love people showed to him when he lost his wife should not be construed to me acceptability.

“That was mere sympathy which cannot be adjudged to mean acceptability. The will of Nigerians is that Jonathan should be the next President.”
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=178484
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Pennywise(m): 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2010
Godwin Daboh the fearless old warrior from Benue. If anyone is bold enough to say it, it has to be him. Daboh has taken a firm position. He needs the support of the civil society and democracy groups. It is not enough for them to collect dollars in sponsorship fees and go to sleep.

For those who dont know Daboh, he was the one who slept with one of Obasanjo's wives while he was in jail and was brave enough to tell the media about it. Anyway when the old man got out of prison his first order of business besides thanking God was kicking out the woman (not sure what her name is now).
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by sammyzacks(m): 6:17pm On Jul 17, 2010
IBB should be smart. God's hand is on Goodluck. If you fight Jonathan you might be fighting the will of God!
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by violent(m): 6:21pm On Jul 17, 2010
Pennywise:

Godwin Daboh the fearless old warrior from Benue. If anyone is bold enough to say it, it has to be him. Daboh has taken a firm position. He needs the support of the civil society and democracy groups. It is not enough for them to collect dollars in sponsorship fees and go to sleep.

For those who dont know Daboh, he was the one who slept with one of Obasanjo's wives while he was in jail and was brave enough to tell the media about it. Anyway when the old man got out of prison his first order of business besides thanking God was kicking out the woman (not sure what her name is now).

and that is supposed to be a defining character for a man of integrity? . . .if anything, no one should ever take him serious!. . .sleeping with another person's wife is the lowest level of moral class one could ever step to!
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Pennywise(m): 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2010
violent:

and that is supposed to be a defining character for a man of integrity? . . .if anything, no one should ever take him serious!. . .sleeping with another person's wife is the lowest level of moral class one could ever step to!
Focus on the message . Not the messenger
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by redsun(m): 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2010
Babangida's participation in nigeria politics goes a long way to buttress the fact that nigeria is a rogue state,there is just no other way to explain the phenomenon of a villain and a fugitive contesting for a country's presidency.The same situation of allowing a rogue like obasanjo in participating in nigerian politics is repeating itself.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by paddylo1(m): 7:01pm On Jul 17, 2010
Focus on the message . Not the messenger
True true. . .
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2010
I did not want IBB to run for President because I thought it was very dangerous for our future.

But the honest truth is that other candidates are making him look thick because he seems to be the only person discussing policies and vissions for Nigeria.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Onlytruth(m): 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2010
mikeansy:

I did not want IBB to run for President because I thought it was very dangerous for our future.

But the honest truth is that other candidates are making him look thick because he seems to be the only person discussing policies and vissions for Nigeria.

Exactly my observation too. Other candidates are not even saying what they plan to do to improve things. As of today, if IBB is contesting, I will have no choice than to vote for him. Only him is addressing true federalism, state police and other urgent needs of the country.
Other candidates are hiding under IBB's notoriety with a certain geopolitical zone of the country to keep mute about their own policies for the country. I will not follow such candidates. I don't care. If only IBB keeps addressing these issues until the election day, he gets my vote. Simple.  cool
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by koruji(m): 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2010
mikeansy:

But the honest truth is that other candidates are [size=14pt]making him look thick [/size] because he seems to be the only person discussing policies and vissions for Nigeria.

Tell me you are promoting political comedy here - ibb has certainly provided a lot of material over the last few weeks.

Nobody is making him thick. He is thick - thicker than an Iroko tree.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2010
Onlytruth:

Exactly my observation too. Other candidates are not even saying what they plan to do to improve things. As of today, if IBB is contesting, I will have no choice than to vote for him. Only him is addressing true federalism, state police and other urgent needs of the country.
Other candidates are hiding under IBB's notoriety with a certain geopolitical zone of the country to keep mute about their own policies for the country. I will not follow such candidates. I don't care. If only IBB keeps addressing these issues until the election day, he gets my vote. Simple. cool

I totally agree with you.

But is'nt it also sad for politics that the candidate nobody wants seems to be the only one talking about the issues and his vission for the future of Nigeria.
Whether its true Fedralism, or State Policing, or the need for devolution of powers to state/Local Governments or the need to streamline the Central Government and have a less expensive and more effective Federal Government. All of these good ideas seem to be coming from just one candidate.

The very candidate nobody wants, where are the others we want? what are their agenda for Nigeria. Its a grand failure of politics in Nigeria. And to be honest if others don't step up their game, if I am lucky to vote on that day I will be forced to vote IBB.

Nobody should vote anybody based on assumptions or sentiments in this day and age. If only IBB talks about sensible policies. He gets my vote, its that simple.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by redsun(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2010
Are we really capable of self rule as a people?I don't think so,we probably need iran to to recolonize us because i don't think the british will condone us again.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by femmy2010(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2010
I witnessed many IBB must go chant in the 90s,coffin representing is untimely demise was carried all over Nigeria,old women went naked cursing him but am suprise at a new chant of IBB must rule.
Nigeria politics is an hard one to comprehend.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Okijajuju1(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2010
If PDP wants to loose the seat of power, they should give the ticket to I.B.B and see how ANPP becomes the new party of choice.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Beaf: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2010
IBB is a demon.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by denitro(m): 11:56pm On Jul 17, 2010
I WANT IBB TO CONTEST THE NEXT ELECTION,
SO THAT THE DISGRACE HE WILL RECEIVE WILL MAKE HIM GO INTO EXILE TILL HE DIES
HE THINKS NIGERIANS HAVE FORGIVEN HIM FOR JUNE 12, GOAT
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by DrKitaun(m): 12:10am On Jul 18, 2010
Pennywise:

U are so correct, I shivered at the thought of posting here initially but I have overcome it . . .

Daboh happens to be a close family friend, my father is his personal Lawyer and has been so for decades now.

The name of the wife of OBJ that he dumped was Taiwo Obasanji-Martins, she later started a church or so . . .

Dr Daboh happens to be the Assistant National Auditor of PDP, so whatever is saying is what the PDP exco at the national level have agreed to do - JONATHAN GOODLUCK IS THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE OF PDP, no point anybody disputing this !

as per the message and the messanger, how many of our politicians are ever aware of the existence of the word 'integrity' ?

the so many sins of Akingbola and Ibru at Oceanic and Intercontinental despite having been role models to a lot of gullible people because of their outward mien is still fresh on my mind . . .may God help us all !!!
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Becomrich0: 12:41am On Jul 18, 2010
If IBB have 1000 cars already and since they say he can not win, then he should pass them over to us who can win and make the north  majority.  that is the best he can do for the north habi. You people make me laugh.

IBB  would never stepdown for jonathan, you people dont know IBB. IBB can stand down for me if I run.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Pennywise(m): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

U are so correct, I shivered at the thought of posting here initially but I have overcome it . . .

Daboh happens to be a close family friend, my father is his personal Lawyer and has been so for decades now.

The name of the wife of OBJ that he dumped was Taiwo Obasanji-Martins, she later started a church or so . . .

Dr Daboh happens to be the Assistant National Auditor of PDP, so whatever is saying is what the PDP exco at the national level have agreed to do - JONATHAN GOODLUCK IS THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE OF PDP, no point anybody disputing this !

as per the message and the messanger, how many of our politicians are ever aware of the existence of the word 'integrity' ?

the so many sins of Akingbola and Ibru at Oceanic and Intercontinental despite having been role models to a lot of gullible people because of their outward mien is still fresh on my mind . . .may God help us all !!!

You are a brave man urself acknowledging these relationships on this forum.

Daboh means well in mobilizing public sentiments against IBB but I am not so sure if he is right-on abt Jonathan. As far as I am concerned GJ is too feeble a character. We need a leader that has substance at this point in our nation's history.

We need someone gutsy enough to take on the biggest enemy of Nigeria and the Nigerian pple at the moment-the legislature. We have at the moment the most powerful and the most corrupt legislature in our nation's history. They have usurped executive powers and now get allocations unto themselves, thwarted the battle against corruption by strangulating FOI and money laundering laws, never-ending billion naira contract scandals etc etc. They are also actively seeding/propagating corruption wherever they go. As we speak they are abt to get their corrupt hands on the constitution.

The easiest solution would have been to have them all lined-up and shot so the country can move forward.  Unfortunately this can precipitate another civil war. Besides this is the 21st century not 1960. Pple might think you are a monster.

We need someone intelligent, strong and tactful enough to effectively manage this legislature-gone-beserk without resorting to violence. Without this our power problem cannot be solved. Rampant corruption in the bureaucracy will persist. Infrastructure will continue to decay etc.

The person need not be a northerner or southerner
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Igwe9(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2010
Becomrich0:

If IBB have 1000 cars already and since they say he can not win, then he should pass them over to us who can win and make the north majority. that is the best he can do for the north habi. You people make me laugh.

IBB would never stepdown for jonathan, you people dont know IBB. IBB can stand down for me if I run.
you 're right dude, but how do we reconcile your sanity level with your penchant for politics.
I'm afraid you need help and that you must get really quick before things go out of control dear.
Oh, you'll do just fine in a democrazy environment
cool
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Dave6: 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2010
I don’t think most Nigerians want to pay attention to any gibberish any politician has to scream out at any campaign; how many have executed what they pledged at their campaigns?
Most of them have become aware of that fact and that’s why they are not wasting their time and energy…yet.

This guy should not come out to insult Nigerians. They are not a people with terribly low I.Qs
Forget Sentiments! He was the originator of most of the atrocities and problems this nation has today, and now he has this grandeurs delusion he’s the messiah.

By now, we all should have noticed that this country needs true and permanent change.

If he’s truly patriotic and has the interest of over 120 million Nigerians at heart, he should be the first to leave the political arena of this nation and encourage the rest of the old folks who had nothing much to offer except suffering for most of Nigerians, to follow suit.

He should also be the first to encourage a transparent process of selection of a new generation of credible young, vibrant and productive leaders (without any useless geopolitical zoning) who he and his folks would assist by proffering solutions to the mess they created.

What’s on ground at the moment is G. Jonathan who is the incumbent and has about a year to win the hearts of Nigerians.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by chidichris(m): 9:30pm On Jul 18, 2010
i don't waste my time reading through the works of these rubbish ppl who are most times sponsored labourers.
ibb left power far back 1993 and till date nothing tangible has happened.
all these are in support of pdp and jonathan. we have had pdp on seat since 1999 till date yet the particular case of electricity that was the basic point of their campeign is still unresolved.
i can vote any idiot as long as he/she is not pdp related.
why is everybody saying no to babangida while other criminals are not talked about?
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Beaf: 9:34pm On Jul 18, 2010
IBB is a demon. He should take Dabohs words seriously.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by paddylo1(m): 1:22am On Jul 19, 2010
[size=14pt]Supporters dump IBB for Jonathan[/size]

July 19, 2010 12:12AM

Sections of the former military president, Ibrahim Babangida’s campaign organisation collapsed at the weekend as state coordinators of his campaign in the 2007 general election, at the weekend, dumped him for President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign team.

The former Babangida state campaign coordinators, led by Ernest Khuemen Okojie, described Mr Jonathan as the “Joshua of this time whom God has ordained to lead the Nigeria to the promise land.” “We were formally working for IBB, but few hours ago we are now wearing Jonathan,” he said. Mr. Okojie, who spoke in Abuja at a meeting with leader of the Niger Delta, Edwin Clark and other leaders of the Ijaw nation, said Mr Jonathan would “free this country from bad rulers to good governance where everyone will feel a sense of inclusiveness, be happy and proud.” “I, E.K. Okojie, the Chairman and National Coordinator of the defunct IBB Presidential Campaign Organisation is here with 35 out of the 37 state coordinators to join hands with all the all the progressives and, the hitherto marginalized people of this country, both north and south to work hard to ensure President Goodluck Jonathan becomes President in 2011,” he said. Mr. Okojie said some of the northerners agitating that Mr Jonathan cannot contest are “unreasonable, greedy and unpatriotic. That Jonathan will be the President of the great country Nigeria come 2010 is God’s decision.”

[size=14pt]Momentum behind Jonathan[/size]

Mr. Clark said the switch indicates that momentum has now swung behind Jonathan. “Today is one of the happiest days in my life,” he said. “The IBB campaign groups have resolved to work for Jonathan. No section of this country is against Jonathan contesting the election.” Some Northern elders had, during the Northern Political Summit on the Roadmap to 2011 in Kaduna, recently thrown their weight behind a Goodluck Jonathan presidency. They argued that the zoning policy that produced the presidency of Umaru Yar’Adua, and the then Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan was an inseparable ticket and, therefore, the demise of one did not invalidate the privileges of the remaining beneficiary of that agreement.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5595669-146/supporters_dump_ibb_for_jonathan_.csp
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by chamber2(m): 2:12am On Jul 19, 2010
I think for we Nigerians this is a period of sober reflection.It is a time we as a nation v to fall back to our creator as the only source of hope.Americans built their hope in God and Nigerians built theirs in man.It is not a question of IBB,Jonathan or even my mother rather that of character,integrity ,discipline and vision deeply rooted in the fear of God.Accordingly to the former president of Tanzania (Nyereye),"as others are planning to get to the moon we r planning to get to our village." What sense does this make to us as a nation? there is need 4 us to try the untried,to xperiment d unxperimented and to discover the hidden.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by paddylo1(m): 2:28am On Jul 19, 2010
I think for we Nigerians this is a period of sober reflection.It is a time we as a nation v to fall back to our creator as the only source of hope.[size=13pt]Americans built their hope in God[/size] and Nigerians built theirs in man

No Americans built their hope on the Almighty Dollar and Strict respect of property Rights
Thats why u had slavery for 200yrs lol. .  .u see the slave was property,and the capitalist rights of the owner had to be respected. . .

Nigerians just have to be creative/innovative and forget about politicians. . .
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by chamber2(m): 2:35am On Jul 19, 2010
Thats why u had slavery for 200yrs lol. . .u see the slave was property,and the rights of the owner had to be respected. . .

But this also led them into war with the south .lol I was not talking about the wisdom of man 4 that has failed us.There has been so many theories and prescriptions on how to get things going to no avail.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by paddylo1(m): 2:51am On Jul 19, 2010
There has been so many theories and prescriptions on how to get things going to no avail.

Well it depends on the model u ascribe to. . i am a capitalist to the core
so i go with the Indonesia model. . . .

If u go with that u will see that right now we are roughly where Indonesia was 10yrs ago. . .
The things that need to be done is de-regulation of the oil,power and gas sectors

The gains will massively outweigh the short term pains. .

but ppl want to keep subsidizing them so we keep growing below potential. . .
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by chamber2(m): 3:04am On Jul 19, 2010
If u go with that u will see that right now we are roughly where Indonesia was 10yrs ago. . .

I always smile whenever pple compare Nigeria with Indonesia.By 1972,b4 d 1st oil boom xperienced by both countries,Nigeria and Indonesia were almost same in economic terms:agrarian,multi-ethnic,gdp,religious societies and both xperienced an oil boom 4rm abt 1973 and thereafter.But the only d/f is that they took different policy choices.

I am also a fan of the Refined Market economy.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by paddylo1(m): 3:23am On Jul 19, 2010
I always smile whenever pple compare Nigeria with Indonesia.By 1972,b4 d 1st oil boom xperienced by both countries,Nigeria and Indonesia were almost same in economic terms:agrarian,multi-ethnic,gdp,religious societies and both xperienced an oil boom 4rm abt 1973 and thereafter.But the only d/f is that they took different policy choices.

I am also a fan of the Refined Market economy.

[b]Yea now Indonesia is a member of G-20, good solid economy thats diversified,right now they actually pulled out of OPEC as they have become net importers of crude oil as production has declined

what they did is no rocket science. . .We have actually put in place most of what we need to be like them
The only thing that remains is Energy sector deregulation

This will drive a rebound in manufacturing. . .The thing with manufacturing is that it usually creates 4 or 5 service jobs for one manufacturing job created
so for example u may have textile industries,that depend on cotton growers,then u have ppl that market it,and the traders that sell the finished goods. . .

That backward intergration is what we are missing in our economy due to the poor status of manufacturing(only 5% of GDP)

Also the CBN has to drive reform in housing,that has a potential to drive GDP growth strongly

so if u can get a manufacturing boom,housing/construction boom,and financial services boom. . .
GDP can accelerate to more than 10%/annum easily
and in 5yrs u will have more Nigerians owning homes,by paying only 10% down payment

more goods produced in the country
and our banks sophisticated enough to securitize loans to reduce risk,or the CBN can set up a National mortgage company that guarantees 50% of each bank mortgage

bottom line its easy to do,we just need smarter policies[/b]
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by chamber2(m): 3:53am On Jul 19, 2010
[b]
so if u can get a manufacturing boom,housing/construction boom,and financial services boom. . .
GDP can accelerate to more than 10%/annum easil

you see paddy_lo Nigeria got alot of problems that what u enumerated above cannot handle alone.This is still same thing the IMF and the WORLDBANK tell us.We are only concerned abt d volume of our GDP not its Value.What is d value of a good housing scheme when d house only get to the rich and privileged few?

we need the right INSTITUTIONS that will efficiently transmit these changes we desire.Institutions matter alot.There is need 4 us to do away with d idea of Rent Seeking also.Everybody wants a share of the national cake without knowing where it is baked.Do u Know d % of our GDP that goes into 'settling' the God fathers?these r some of our problems.

See my broda I do not want u to b d US Economist who talks only about GDP,deregulation etc am not against them either but the right institutions must be put in place b4 all these things r done.
Re: Withdraw Or Be Disgraced, Daboh Tells Ibb by Urhobogirl: 4:02am On Jul 19, 2010
Now I feel kind of confused about Goodluck Jonathan and IBB, now I am not an IBB fan but if he is the only one talking about the vision of Nigeria then I am afraid I might have to vote for him and if GEJ will be obsanjo's third term, then he is better off that seat,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Groups Oppose Use Of Body Scanners At Airports / We Know Those Behind Abuja Blasts, Says Jonathan / Southern Sudan Referendum - Constantly Updated Results !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.