Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,102 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President (18515 Views)

Saudi Arabia First Female Soldiers Graduate (Photos) / Samia Suluhu Hassan Sworn In As Tanzania's First Female President / Kim Yo Jong Set To Become World’s First Female Dictator In Modern History (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by seunfly: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ok
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by onkachi(m): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2018
Africa when will we allow technocrats like okonjo iweala, Uche ahubelem (brick walls) peter Obi to bring us out of this
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by KanwuliaExtra: 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2018
No wonder Ethiopia also has a working national airline. grin

1 Like

Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by towago: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2018
wow finally another considerable improvement

1 Like

Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Perhaps the former President couldn't cope with being ceremonial head, while the PM have the real power.

But he has been there since 2013, how was he able to cope for 5 years. I'm just curious anyway.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by grandstar(m): 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
demolinka:
Bravo, Ethiopia!

This could have been the economist per excellence, Kemi Adeosun, for Nigeria, some day.

Sai KA.

How can you call Adeosun economist per excellence? Even NOI who I would call average beats her hands down.

When you talk per excellence, you should mention Soludo.

1 Like

Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by OhiOfIhima: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2018
Student81:
What question pls

You can ask yourself as many questions as possible from the topic of discussion.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by baddosky1: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
Can Nigeria emulate what is happening in Ethiopia today

Imagine Buhari resigning

And Iweala being sworn in immediately..

That one na civil war go follow.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by Mizwisdom(f): 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2018
A country that values women

Need books?
Contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by ednited(f): 4:22pm On Oct 25, 2018
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by ednited(f): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2018
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by ednited(f): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2018
Role of a president isn't much here in Ethiopia. But I have no doubt she is going to succeed. Ethiopian women success starts even way before our Empress Taitu; who have played a major role on Ethio-Italy war. Which is one of the reason why Ethiopia isn't colonized.

Wishing her luck!
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by mechanics(m): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Perhaps the former President couldn't cope with being ceremonial head, while the PM have the real power.

hahahaha.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by Devonzeus(m): 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2018
NaijaMutant:
2019 News:

Naijamutant sworn in as the first female president of Nigeria grin grin grin grin

Sounds great tongue
You ain't female, you slut.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by shukudi(m): 2:15am On Oct 26, 2018
martyns303:
They have the oldest civilization in Africa, maybe after Egypt. The only black nation that wasn't colonized.
Egypt was colonized by Britain.
Ethiopia is the only country that was not colonized.

1 Like

Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by ednited(f): 5:02am On Oct 26, 2018
martyns303:
They have the oldest civilization in Africa, maybe after Egypt. The only black nation that wasn't colonized.

Ethiopians had ruled Egypt, their names are written in the pyramid.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by martyns303(m): 5:11am On Oct 26, 2018
shukudi:
Egypt was colonized by Britain. Ethiopia is the only country that was not colonized.
I was obviously talking about Ethiopia. is Egypt a black country?
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by shukudi(m): 7:19am On Oct 26, 2018
martyns303:

I was obviously talking about Ethiopia. is Egypt a black country?
Gone back to check your post again.
You are right
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by Horus(m): 8:58am On Oct 26, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCUsnp4pnoI

Ethiopia Elects 1st Female President as Predecessor Resigns
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by OyinO: 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
majekdom2:
which would you prefer, remain in poverty or allow “european Jews” take over and progress.
Take over and progress? Take over and progress to where? And Blacks of Ethiopia are still hungry, miserable and poor? How long have Dutch settlers lived in South Africa? Have that led to progress of Blacks of South Africans who are now channeling their poverty, frustration and hatred on Nigerians and other Afrakans via Xenophobia? How long have Israeli migrants occupied Ethiopia? What is the progeess of the aboriginal Black Ethiopians? How dumb!
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
OyinO:

Take over and progress? Take over and progress to where? And Blacks of Ethiopia are still hungry, miserable and poor? How long have Dutch settlers lived in South Africa? Have that led to progress of Blacks of South Africans who are now channeling their poverty, frustration and hatred on Nigerians and other Afrakans via Xenophobia? How long have Israeli migrants occupied Ethiopia? What is the progeess of the aboriginal Black Ethiopians? How dumb!
just like I expected.... typical attitude of black man, blame laying. Which blacks in Ethiopia are suffering. You should read more about the economy. Which blacks in South Africa. The ones that refused to think? Sit, drink and lay blames. The ones that are attacking other Blacks who have used their brains and are doing well. So let’s leave the white. A black man comes to your country and starts maximizing opportunities, all you can do is blame the foreigner. Isn’t this lame. You are supposed to be better given that you are citizen. Isn’t it obvious there is something wrong with the blacks that are leading these attacks. Now who is dumb? Will you keep blaming or you wake up. Just like many of you still blame the. For exploiting your oil like if they never came you would have known what to do with the oil. Now go work on your brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by princfred(m): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2018
majekdom2:
just like I expected.... typical attitude of black man, blame laying. Which blacks in Ethiopia are suffering. You should read more about the economy. Which blacks in South Africa. The ones that refused to think? Sit, drink and lay blames. The ones that are attacking other Blacks who have used their brains and are doing well. So let’s leave the white. A black man comes to your country and starts maximizing opportunities, all you can do is blame the foreigner. Isn’t this lame. You are supposed to be better given that you are citizen. Isn’t it obvious there is something wrong with the blacks that are leading these attacks. Now who is dumb? Will you keep blaming or you wake up. Just like many of you still blame the. For exploiting your oil like if they never came you would have known what to do with the oil. Now go work on your brain.
So much sense in one post.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by panafrican(m): 2:18am On Oct 28, 2018
Her name "Zwede" is deep. In my ethnic group it means " causing the demise of someone ( a warrior, a witchdoctor or a chief ) after defeating the powers he relies on.
Men's powers will maybe continue declining in Ethiopia from now on.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by OyinO: 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
majekdom2:
i beg to differ. You are seeing from your egotistical high horse. Jump down and see the realities on ground. As for the oil, it is more of polution and destruction of wildlife and subsurface rock foundations. It has not added any significant or meaningful progress to Nigerians. You are too dumb to know that most of the world's civilisation originated from Africa. And too mentally backward to know that crude oil and fossil fuel burning have caused largescale global environmental damages via climate change than have done any good to mankind. The advanced economies are now clamouring for green energy or bio-fuel. Who oil epp?
And whether black or pale man, i dont give a damn about skin colour codes, if any man is found wanting, i lambast and trash them.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2018
OyinO:

i beg to differ. You are seeing from your egotistical high horse. Jump down and see the realities on ground. As for the oil, it is more of polution and destruction of wildlife and subsurface rock foundations. It has not added any significant or meaningful progress to Nigerians. You are too dumb to know that most of the world's civilisation originated from Africa. And too mentally backward to know that crude oil and fossil fuel burning have caused largescale global environmental damages via climate change than have done any good to mankind. The advanced economies are now clamouring for green energy or bio-fuel. Who oil epp?
And whether black or pale man, i dont give a damn about skin colour codes, if any man is found wanting, i lambast and trash them.
how old are you?
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by OyinO: 11:33am On Oct 29, 2018
majekdom2:
how old are you?
Not necessary. Age is just a mere number. Intelligence, Wisdom and Maturity is not determined by age, hence the saying, "A fool at forty is a fool forever. While a Serbian proverb says, "Even the old still get hungry." meaning, the old also make mistakes and lack knowledge on certain aspects.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 29, 2018
OyinO:

OyinO:

Not necessary. Age is just a mere number. Intelligence, Wisdom and Maturity is not determined by age, hence the saying, "A fool at forty is a fool forever. While a Serbian proverb says, "Even the old still get hungry." meaning, the old also make mistakes and lack knowledge on certain aspects.
I asked for age as I wondering how a grown up will claim oil has done more harm than good to Nigeria. go round the cities of South South, Lagos and Abuja and Imagine what would have happened without oil as our resource. I think God is a God of purpose. The ''populous'' countries such as America, China, Uk are blessed with one resource that help sustain the nation. Imagine a Nigeria without oil, what will the poverty situation look like and I see clearly the reason for your mentions. You are still living in the fantasy ''civilisation'' started from Africa. Okay, so it started what have you made from it. I get am before no be news. Again, work on your mentality child. As you grow, I believe you will learn more.
Re: Sahle-work Zewde Sworn In As First Female Ethiopia President by OyinO: 12:54am On Nov 01, 2018
majekdom2:
I asked for age as I wondering how a grown up will claim oil has done more harm than good to Nigeria. go round the cities of South South, Lagos and Abuja and Imagine what would have happened without oil as our resource. I think God is a God of purpose. The ''populous'' countries such as America, China, Uk are blessed with one resource that help sustain the nation. Imagine a Nigeria without oil, what will the poverty situation look like and I see clearly the reason for your mentions. You are still living in the fantasy ''civilisation'' started from Africa. Okay, so it started what have you made from it. I get am before no be news. Again, work on your mentality child. As you grow, I believe you will learn more.
The name-calling won't help but exposes your vain egotistical pompous assumptions. Many countless Countries without oil and gas are doing well and far more better than us. We were also doing far better, and were referred to as Giants of Africa when we had NO OIL! At that time, 1USD = 1NGN.
Besides, you don't know God. You are not sounding like one who knows God. Therefore, don't tell me what you don't know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa Set To Briefly Overtake Nigeria As Africa's Biggest Economy / Niger: France Backs Down, To Withdraw Envoy, Troops / 16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.