Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,237 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

See What Atiku Said About Restructuring Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What Atiku Said About Restructuring Nigeria. (367 Views)

Arewa Joint Committee: What Atiku Said In Kaduna Today / Sheikh Gumi To CJN: Leave Sharia Alone, Talk About Restructuring / 6-Year Single Term: Atiku Said Lawmakers Threw Away Baby With Bath Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What Atiku Said About Restructuring Nigeria. by EdoBozz(m): 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2018
Will Atiku Truly Restructure Nigeria?
I was in a seminar in May this year where Atiku was present.
He was asked to tell Nigerians how he planned restructuring Nigeria in the first one year in practical ways not just rhetorics.
I was marvelled how Atiku responded.
Atiku said that restructuring Nigeria is not rocket science.
He made it categorically clear that the first major step at restructuring the country is to DECONGEST THE EXCLUSIVE LIST—handing over some of federal government responsibilities to states through constitutional amendment.
He went further by saying that through the same constitutional amendment, some of the states responsibilities will be given to local governments that would become independent through the same alterations of the constitution.
He said that this is one of the major reasons he would see National Assembly as partners in rebuilding Nigeria not political enemies.
From that day on, Atiku won my heart.
He made all the postulations extemporaneously—without a written speech.
It was during Q & A session.
I have never seen any aspirant explain this bogus term of "restructuring" in a manner that a layman on the street will understand it.
He was able to provide solutions to restructuring agitation in less than 20 minutes.
That's mental sagacity combined with economic sophistication at work.
We need a realist and pragmatist as president not a clueless rhetorical neophyte.
Get Atikulated........2019.
Copied

1 Like

Re: See What Atiku Said About Restructuring Nigeria. by walefresh3(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2018
EdoBozz:
Will Atiku Truly Restructure Nigeria?
I was in a seminar in May this year where Atiku was present.
He was asked to tell Nigerians how he planned restructuring Nigeria in the first one year in practical ways not just rhetorics.
I was marvelled how Atiku responded.
Atiku said that restructuring Nigeria is not rocket science.
He made it categorically clear that the first major step at restructuring the country is to DECONGEST THE EXCLUSIVE LIST—handing over some of federal government responsibilities to states through constitutional amendment.
He went further by saying that through the same constitutional amendment, some of the states responsibilities will be given to local governments that would become independent through the same alterations of the constitution.
He said that this is one of the major reasons he would see National Assembly as partners in rebuilding Nigeria not political enemies.
From that day on, Atiku won my heart.
He made all the postulations extemporaneously—without a written speech.
It was during Q & A session.
I have never seen any aspirant explain this bogus term of "restructuring" in a manner that a layman on the street will understand it.
He was able to provide solutions to restructuring agitation in less than 20 minutes.
That's mental sagacity combined with economic sophistication at work.
We need a realist and pragmatist as president not a clueless rhetorical neophyte.
Get Atikulated........2019.
Copied
oga no dey lie to your self. resources control is what I termed restructuring in my own book.let each state fend for them self and the north we not support that. they are the majority in the house. ss crude oil is their hope of surviving.Atiku is a 419 . He new the Truth .The north we. not jettion thier interest because they want to please the south or be friendly with the president.so if his hope are on the perliament, means restructuring mantra is a fruid. the xlusive list wey atiku dey talk be. state police , handing over of federall road .abeg state wey no get money to pay 18,000k salary,no means of generating revenue by them self.

All these states need means of income to maintain the xlusive lists atiku his talking about. how osun that can not survive without fg allocation pay state police or maintain , build new road ?. before I can support atiku, in short period He should tell nigerian how all state in Nigeria we control the resources in their domain?

(1) (Reply)

You Cannot Turn To Godfather In Rivers, This Is Not Lagos – Wike Fires Amaechi / Atiku’s Claim That He Will Reduce Fuel Price To N90 Fraudulent – Ezekwesili / Okowa Mourns Businessman, Sonny Odogwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.