Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media (1132 Views)

Buhari: I’m Absolutely Aware Of Nigerians’ Suffering / President Buhari: I’m Impressed With Level Of Development In Imo / Buhari: I’m Not Against Diaspora Voting If NASS Supports It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by Ebullience(m): 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari says he is disappointed in the Nigerian media for failing to highlight the progress of his administration in the agricultural sector.

Buhari said this at a dinner he hosted for young political appointees at the presidential villa, Abuja, on Wednesday.

The president said under him, agriculture had become so attractive that those who cannot get white-collar job have taken up farming and are reaping reward.

He added that his government had reduced importation of rice by 90 percent.

“I’m very disappointed with the Nigerian press. They didn’t give this government the credit of the `go back to land programme’,” he said.

“We have cut down the importation of rice by at least 90 percent… I foresaw our problem in agriculture and did the right thing and today, people are much better. In terms of unemployment, our able-bodied persons that do not have education and can’t get white-collar jobs, went back to till the land and today, none of them is regretting it.”

But reassured the youths that Nigeria has all it takes for them to live a good life.

He condemned the rush by some Nigerians, especially the youth, in search of greener pastures abroad, saying his administration is determined to transform the country.

He said: “If people don’t feel good about this country, let them go and find out what is happening elsewhere but we are going to stay here and we are going to salvage this country together.

“I have gone through a lot, I have been Governor, I was in charge of our petroleum sector for over three years, I was Head of State and now I have come without the uniform and have visited each of the 774 Local government Areas in this country.

“The intention of this administration is to do the infrastructure and give education and healthcare to our people especially the poor.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-im-very-disappointed-in-the-nigerian-media/amp

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by SolutionMee: 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
cheesy
Even me too. What should we do now Mr president? People are busy Atikulating Obidiently. With the look of things, hope your presidential race won't finally be a thing of the past and be read about in the Obituary? Saraki caused all these and Oshiomole too is not helping matter.
Don't get it twisted, there's nothing wrong with the media. All efforts to sabotage the media by this administrative was proven abortive. The media only informed. Only Northern illiterates can be deceived.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by Tyche(m): 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2018
That's the game Presidio, when you were in the streets, you rarely complimented the government of the day.

Now you have a taste of your own pill chief, enjoy it wella

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by truthfulparrot(m): 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2018
My dear president it is not the media that is your problem but your aides and zombies that has been deceiving you.
Get out of ASO rock and enter Wise market alone and ask honest people what they think of your performance......
You will be shock how bad things have gone......

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by Scream(m): 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
Organize media parley and say whatever you want to say yourself. Entitlement mentality...
Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by vanbonattel: 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
Makes the two of you.
Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by pauljumbo: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2018
You are not disappointed 2015 when they help you to deceive Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by Racoon(m): 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2018
No wonder the president's handlers dont want him to face another media chart because the damage control will be too unbearable.Buhari talks recklessly and senselessit. undecided

Though the goverment said the achievements of the propaganda APC regime are some much that they dont need to campaign including the collapse of the Thailand Rice pyramids according to Audu Ogbeh sad

If really Buhari knows what kind of disappointment he have always been.You can win by propaganda but it can never rule for you.Most foolish goverment ever seen.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by Ebios(m): 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2018
Mmmm
Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by Hopebringer: 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lifeless man

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by Niorte: 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2018
The same way you are disappointed in the mass media, the masses are disappointed in you.

This govt keep making noise about going back to Agriculture. What type of agriculture are we talking about? Is it the same Subsistence farming or commercial farming?

What has the government done to improve crop yield, improve farming technology and reduced labour?

Even if everybody in Nigeria goes into Agriculture, we cannot excel EXCEPT we practice modern system of Agriculture which is based on technologies and improved crop seeds and varieties. Thanks to IITA but they are limited to specific crops

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by Umueme: 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2018
Lol...
I didn't know lifeless people had emotions talkless of feeling 'disappointed'. But Bubu you should know Nigerians are disappointed in you...

#BackToDaura
#Atikulated
#MyOpinion
Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by observanc1: 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2018
The same media APC used to rig him into power in 2015
Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by deboysben(m): 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2018
Am even disappointed in you too. On media you were voted in 2015 same media you are going to be voting out in 2019

God willing I will OBIdently vote for a pATIKUlar candidate in 2019.
Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by Maxymilliano(m): 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ebullience:

He added that his government had reduced importation of rice by 90 percent.

Buhari is either confused or a liar ... Reno

Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2018
We are tired of you Oga

Just Go
Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by obonujoker(m): 8:09pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ogbeni we are more disappointed in you.... After all the mouths we made about you in 2015.... olori gbenske

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’m Very Disappointed In The Nigerian Media by PapaNnamdi: 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2018
The rice scheme started with goodluck jonathan, gen Muhammadu Buhari STFU

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Is The Best; We Don’t Need Peter Obi In Our Scheme– Lauretta Onoc / President Buhari Flags Off The Spud-in Of Kolmani River II Well Drilling / Vp Osinbajo In Kogi. Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.