Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Object Oriented Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Object Oriented Programming (2009 Views)

Tutorial: Object Oriented Programming Paradigm For Beginners in Python / I Need Help In Object Oriented Programming / Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Object Oriented Programming by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2018
Hello,
l need inputs about OOP, the basic principles and the pros and cons
Re: Object Oriented Programming by Lxdd: 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2018
Your question is too vague..
Re: Object Oriented Programming by Ayemileto(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2018
virgoquin:
Hello,

OOP pros cons basic

Google search that.

Then if you have any issues after starting OOP, you can come back here for solutions.
Re: Object Oriented Programming by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ayemileto:

OOP pros cons basic

Google search that.

Then if you have any issues after starting OOP, you can come back here for solutions.
yes I have google search on it already, it is the basic principles such as
Encapsulation
polymorphism
Abstraction
Inheritance
that is confusing me.
Re: Object Oriented Programming by 001slickochuko: 1:04pm On Oct 26, 2018
Get the soft copy of this book online "Learning php 7" by Antonio Lopez and thank me later
virgoquin:
Hello,

3 Likes

Re: Object Oriented Programming by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
001slickochuko:
Get the soft copy of this book online "Learning php 7" by Antonio Lopez and thank me later
thanks dear
Re: Object Oriented Programming by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2018
Get a copy of the book Smalltalk by Chandon Liu. Download smalltalk, install and get going. When you are through, you will have learned a lot. After that you can pick up Python or Ruby or JavaScript

Don't learn php first.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Object Oriented Programming by etoluw: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2018
virgoquin:
Hello,

In Procedural programing we design our program around functions i.e. blocks of statements which manipulate data.

In OOP we combine data and functionality and wrap it inside something called an object.

Most of the time you can use procedural programming, but when writing large and very complicated programs you just have use object oriented programming techniques.

To fully understand this concept you need someone to walk you through some examples in the programming language you are learning

4 Likes

Re: Object Oriented Programming by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2018
etoluw:

In Procedural programing we design our program around functions i.e. blocks of statements which manipulate data.

In OOP we combine data and functionality and wrap it inside something called an object.

Most of the time you can use procedural programming, but when writing large and very complicated programs you just have use object oriented programming techniques.

To fully understand this concept you need someone to walk you through some examples in the programming language you are learning
thanks a lot for your input
Re: Object Oriented Programming by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 2:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
virgoquin:
Hello,

type "object oriented programming Lynda" into Google.
Re: Object Oriented Programming by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
in php, it is used in large projects to avoid repetition.
instead of writing plenty lines of code, you only need to declare a class once, other applications will just inherit the properties of that class using different methods to create an object.
in oop, variables are called properties while functions are called methods.
pm me if you need further explanations
Re: Object Oriented Programming by dochenaj: 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2018
virgoquin:
Hello,

You'll be better off reading it on Wikipedia and asking specific questions on areas you could not understand.
Re: Object Oriented Programming by romme2u: 3:00am On Nov 26, 2018
Google

Object oriented thought process by matt weissfeld

What is OOP at tonymarston.net blog

(1) (Reply)

Any Blockchain Developer... / How To Build A Doctor Appointment App For Your Clinic / Top 100 Africa's Most Innovative Startups To Follow In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.