Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Famous Sinead O'connor Converts To Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Famous Sinead O'connor Converts To Islam (475 Views)

Ahmad Amadi, Muslims Leader Denounces Islam, Converts To Christianity (Photos) / Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos / Igbo Man Converts To Islam (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Famous Sinead O'connor Converts To Islam by sirzent(m): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2018
The singer made the announcement on Twitter as she told fans: "My best friend Elaine just gave me my 1st Hijab and she got chills all over her body when I put it on"

Sinead O'Connor has revealed she's changed her name after turning her back on Catholicism and converting to Islam.

The Irish singer, who was once ordained a priest by the Irish Orthodox and Apostolic Church, made the announcement on Twitter telling fans she was proud to have become a Muslim.

Sinead, 51, will now be known as Shuhada' Davitt - with shuhada meaning 'martyrs' or 'witnesses' in Arabic.

In a post to fans she wrote: "This is to announce that I am proud to have become a Muslim. This is the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey. All scripture study leads to Islam. Which makes all other scriptures redundant. I will be given (another) new name. It will be Shuhada."

1 Like

Re: Famous Sinead O'connor Converts To Islam by sirzent(m): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2018
Shuhada Davitt (born Sinéad Marie Bernadette O'Connor /ʃɪˈneɪd/, 8 December 1966)[1][2] is an Irish singer-songwriter who rose to fame in the late 1980s with her debut album The Lion and the Cobra. As Sinéad O'Connor, she achieved worldwide success in 1990 with a new arrangement of Prince's song "Nothing Compares 2 U".

Since then, while maintaining her singing career, she has occasionally encountered controversy, partly due to her statements and gestures—such as her ordination as a priest despite being a woman with a Roman Catholic background—and her strongly expressed views on organised religion, women's rights, war, and child abuse. In addition to her ten solo albums, her work includes many singles, songs for films, collaborations with many other artists, and appearances at charity fundraising concerts.

In 2017, O'Connor said that she had changed her legal name to Magda Davitt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7FNWheGUik
Re: Famous Sinead O'connor Converts To Islam by sirzent(m): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Do You Care About Your Deen? / This Man Is Calling For Genocide Against Muslims In Nigeria(photos) / Advise On Raising Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.