Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Interested In Free College In Us, Check In - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Interested In Free College In Us, Check In (925 Views)

Airports: Where Do Seized Items Go To After Check In ? / Going To A Community College In Usa / Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by mayorme(m): 12:34am On Jul 18, 2010
Guys, if u interested, visit www.berea.edu. I called em and i gathered d following information
Application acceptance starts from nextweek
Closes february 2011
School resumes 2011
SAT result of nothing less than 1200
If u need anymore info u can contact me.
Just get on there website and try to see thing for yourself cos am not gonna be involved in any monetary aspect of it if ure interested.
Just sharing what i saw.
Good luck
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by wip4: 11:40am On Jul 18, 2010
poster,

it seems you forget to tell people that the school ask admitted applicant to pay 2,200USD as soon they are admitted.
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by mayorme(m): 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2010
I think the payment is for a year duration, but considering that still, i think its more cheaper compared to some others. am in a different skool but i know how much i pay compared to the $2200 required by the other skool, but i think its a good move for any interested person, cos u can also consider some other things they have in ground, hostel, feeding and work assurance, good for a starter.
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by obalukan: 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2010
But you said its free
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by omega25red(m): 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2010
i have lived in the u.s for about 16 years now and i don't know a university that is free.

Those who go to school for free are financial aid people and those guys are citizens and besides financial aid doesn't even cover all your tuition and books anymore because the govt has cut a lot of the benefits.
Now you coming from a different country think you can go to a uni for free? that is a joke.

scholarships is the only other way and academically exceptional people or athletes get that
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 28, 2010
I am not a citizen yet, a greencard holder, yet I have been getting financial aid to go to school,  Just clearing it out that you dont have to be a citizen before you get qualified for financial aid.
omega25red:

i have lived in the u.s for about 16 years now and i don't know a university that is free.

Those who go to school for free are financial aid people and those guys are citizens and besides financial aid doesn't even cover all your tuition and books anymore because the govt has cut a lot of the benefits.
Now you coming from a different country think you can go to a uni for free? that is a joke.

scholarships is the only other way and academically exceptional people or athletes get that
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by oyewolejos(m): 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
omega25red:

Those who go to school for[b] free are financial aid people and those guys are citizens and besides financial aid doesn't even cover all your tuition and books anymore because the govt has cut a lot of the benefits.[/b]Now you coming from a different country think you can go to a uni for free? that is a joke.

And u mean u have live here for 16 years?
Guy check your facts very well. Green Card holders are entitled to Financial Aid just like citizen and the amount of aid u recieves depends on your Cost of Attendance and your income. Like someone who is unemployed and needs $6000 for school will get more money than someone who is employed and needs $20,000 for school.
It all depends on individual circumstances and needs.Like u wont expect the Govt to cover all tuition and books fee for someone who is working.
We still have people  that Govt pay for their Tuition and books and still have extra money left to spend.
It all boils down to individual financial needs.
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by omega25red(m): 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
so i made a mistake about the green card holders. Big deal the fact here is the original poster is attempting to sell free college to visa holders that was my point. I had a green card and i did get financial aid too. I guess i should have said documented people get financial aid.
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by oyewolejos(m): 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
omega25red:

so i made a mistake about the green card holders. Big deal the fact here is the original poster is attempting to sell free college to visa holders that was my point. I had a green card and i did get financial aid too. I guess i should have said documented people get financial aid.

Those that wanna buy that are dummies who believe in long thing.
Is only a fool that will believe all what the poster is saying. F-1 visa holders going to school for free? Please stop insulting our sensibilities.
This is 2010 scammers should go digital and sophisticated not to still be using the same old tricks. grin grin grin grin
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by ceasyc(f): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2010
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by nykee(f): 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2010
@omega25red, quote" Big deal the fact here is the original poster is attempting to sell free college to visa holders that was my point"

But the original poster never mentioned anyting of such.he's only sharing what he saw on the net,and the site he got is ther for you pple to verify, dnt knw much about that anyway.
Re: Interested In Free College In Us, Check In by Olisman(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2010
hey guys,am a greencard holder, the facts is that am a visa lottery winner,i just came into the country on wednesday 28th of july, what do u guys advise i do to get into college here, i was in 300 level production engineering in nigeria, i applied for my transcript b4 leaving naija,so it will be here anytime soon

(1) (Reply)

Norway And Poland Visa / Danish Visa Inquiry /help / UK Spouse Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.