Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat (3170 Views)

Using IOS 15 Then See This Hidden Feature Now, Its Helpful / Whatsapp Starts Rolling Out Picture-in-picture (PIP) Mode For Android Users / Oneplus Starts Rolling Out Android 8.0 Oreo Update To Oneplus 5 Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by phonedaddy: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2018
WhatsApp has started rolling out stickers for its Android apps available in the beta channel. The stickers are now available on WhatsApp beta for Android version 2.18.329. The Facebook-owned app was long-rumoured to be working on stickers to offer more options to communicate other than texts, audio, and emojis. The WhatsApp stickers will be available under the emoji icon next to emojis and GIFs.

The WhatsApp stickers are limited to only 12 packs as of now that come preloaded in the update, however, there is an add button to allow you to get more stickers from Google Play store. Some of the sticker packs include “Cuppy”, “Salty”, “Komo”, “Bibimbap Friends”, “Shiba Inu”, “Hatch”, “Banana”, and “Biscuit”. All of the stickers are free of charge.

Users can send WhatsApp stickers to an individual chat or a group chat – the stickers will be visible to the recipients even if their WhatsApp isn’t updated to the latest version. However, they will be able to send stickers only after getting the latest version. When sent in bulk or consecutively, WhatsApp will group the stickers into a message blob with four sticker thumbnails visible while the rest hidden. This is similar to how WhatsApp deals with multiple photos or videos sent at once.

It’s not clear as of now when WhatsApp will roll out stickers to the stable build. However, considering the timelines WhatsApp has followed to deliver the beta features to the stable channel, it shouldn’t take much time for WhatsApp to roll out stickers for everyone. To recall, WhatsApp is also reportedly testing Vacation Mode, Silent Mode, and Linked Accounts.

http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/690/764906

2 Likes

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 26, 2018
Telegram's sticker is better off

6 Likes

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by phonedaddy: 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2018
asuustrike1:
walahi ooo

2 Likes

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by Smily202(m): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2018
Whatapp no dey suffer themselves now for any new features on the app. They just quietly they follow Telegram slowly and update what features telegram has been using for centuries ago.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by PrincessB1(f): 11:10pm On Oct 26, 2018
asuustrike1:
That's true

1 Like

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by czarina(f): 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2018
Smily202:
Whatapp no dey suffer themselves now for any new features on the app. They just quietly they follow Telegram slowly and update what features telegram has been using for centuries ago.
But Telegram started the whole copying. They literally stole all of Whatsapp's features. Then modified a few.
I think Whatsapp is only returning the "favor" this time wink

1 Like

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by feldido(m): 11:45pm On Oct 26, 2018
czarina:
But Telegram started the whole copying. They literally stole all of Whatsapp's features. Then modified a few.
I think Whatsapp is only returning the "favor" this time wink

But telegram isn't bothered, but all they do is keep pushing... They are now Mike's away from whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by czarina(f): 12:04am On Oct 27, 2018
feldido:

But telegram isn't bothered, but all they do is keep pushing... They are now Mike's away from whatsapp
Yeah, they never gave a hoot in the first place, at least it was reflected in one crazy "About Us" statement they had one time.

And yes, they'll give Whatsapp a run for their money soon. For one, some of their features are way ahead of Whatsapp. But actually achieving all or even come close to all Whatsapp has gotten would require a great deal of guerrilla marketing. Just like Zuck does with his toys. Most people still do not know about Telegram.

1 Like

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by enemmo(f): 3:44am On Oct 27, 2018
WhatsApp be copying BBM.
Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by princemillla(m): 4:12am On Oct 27, 2018
Nice one from fb
Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by Sunkyphil(m): 4:13am On Oct 27, 2018
its already available on my youwhatsapp cool
Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by feldido(m): 7:40am On Oct 27, 2018
czarina:
Yeah, they never gave a hoot in the first place, at least it was reflected in one crazy "About Us" statement they had one time.

And yes, they'll give Whatsapp a run for their money soon. For one, some of their features are way ahead of Whatsapp. But actually achieving all or even come close to all Whatsapp has gotten would require a great deal of guerrilla marketing. Just like Zuck does with his toys. Most people still do not know about Telegram.

Cryptocurrencies and ICOs are doung a great job advertising Telegram on their behalf and very soon whatsapp will be like yahoo messenger grin

2 Likes

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2018
Good job
Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by czarina(f): 8:18am On Oct 27, 2018
feldido:

Cryptocurrencies and ICOs are doung a great job advertising Telegram on their behalf and very soon whatsapp will be like yahoo messenger grin
yeah, they really have those crypto guys to thank.

Whatsapp become like yahoo messenger? Nah, not when Mark is still alive. But life happens sometimes and I'm certain if competition ever becomes stiff, MARK WILL BUY TELEGRAM!

2 Likes

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by nazablossom(f): 8:20am On Oct 27, 2018
czarina:

Telegram has been in my phone all these while and I didn't even know. It's recently that I discovered it grin
Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by czarina(f): 8:27am On Oct 27, 2018
nazablossom:
Telegram has been in my phone all these while and I didn't even know. It's recently that I discovered it grin
Exactly! They have great features but could use some advertisement. Honestly, if everyone on my contact list had telegram installed, I'm certain I'd have left Whatsapp years ago. I mostly remember I still have the app installed when I have to join a group or something.
Crazy though, but they seem quite comfortable with their lot.

1 Like

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by nazablossom(f): 8:33am On Oct 27, 2018
czarina:
Exactly! They have great features but could use some advertisement. Honestly, if everyone on my contact list had telegram installed, I'm certain I'd have left Whatsapp years ago. I mostly remember I still have the app installed when I have to join a group or something.
Crazy though, but they seem quite comfortable with their lot.
There was a time I wanted to download it so that I could join one group like that, not knowing that it has been in my phone all the while. They really need a lot of advertising to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 27, 2018
czarina:

Whatsapp become like yahoo messenger? Nah, not when Mark is still alive. But life happens sometimes and I'm certain if competition ever becomes stiff[b] MARK WILL BUY TELEGRAM![/b]
That is if telegram agrees to sell
Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by feldido(m): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2018
czarina:

Whatsapp become like yahoo messenger? Nah, not when Mark is still alive. But life happens sometimes and I'm certain if competition ever becomes stiff, MARK WILL BUY TELEGRAM!

I doubt these Russians will ever sell Telegram. I wished the ICO went through. Whoever thought Yahoo messenger would go extinct? Blockchain will make all these companies obsolete, you wonder why Visa is now considering Blockchain?

1 Like

Re: Big Whatsapp Feature Now Rolling Out: How It Will Change The Way You Chat by investigator007: 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2018
nice one there, this new whatsapp go really make sense on my spark device.

(1) (Reply)

Redmi Note 5 Pro Available For Swap Deals Only / Opera Mini Rebirth Not Downloading / I Have N23,000 Bonus Airtel Credit I Dont Know What To Do With It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.