Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

Certain Things (apart From Food) Which Can Lead To Obesity - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Certain Things (apart From Food) Which Can Lead To Obesity (344 Views)

Herbal Solutions To Obesity / Certain Things (apart From Food) Which Can Lead To Obesity / BURN - A Safe And Natural Solution To Obesity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Certain Things (apart From Food) Which Can Lead To Obesity by africa4ever: 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
Dear foodie, i know I’m talking to you, I just hope you are listening attentively. Today, I want to tell you about certain things which can cause obesity.

A lot of people think overfeeding is actually what causes obesity alone but I want to prove them wrong.

I never said food is not the cause of obesity, because there is a quantum of energy needed in the body and if you exceed it, your body tissues are bound to expand.

Trust me, I eat more than you do, only that I’ve found the right way to improve my health and as such, my tummy can’t get bigger than it is right now.

Obesity doesn’t happen overnight; it develops from a continuous routine which turns out to become a way of life.

in this segment, I want to tell you about certain things (apart from food) which can, if not properly watched, lead to obesity.

1. CHOSEN LIFESTYLE:

Like I said initially, obesity doesn’t happen overnight. It boils down to the lifestyle we live.

Basically, our chosen lifestyle covers some other components that causes obesity such as poor dieting, unhealthy food choices, lack of physical exercise and activity, lack of proper rest and sleep, and even drinking alcohol.

I know some alcoholics will argue with me that some people who drink alcohol are slim; I guess they need to check the scientific definition of obesity.

Based on your height, age body size and even gender, once you exceed 20% of your normal recommended body weight, oga forget it, you are obese.

I also know some friends who love eating a lot of processed food in the name of ‘I never marry’. Please don’t forget to include me in your budget next time; I love fast food but just remember, you are killing yourself slowly.

2. GENETICS / HEREDITARY:

I pity this class of people because of no fault of theirs, they become obese. The truth is, while there are some rare genetic conditions which may lead to obesity, no one said you are destined to by obese forever.

Some people compound their problem by doing (1) above and when asked why, they will rhetorically make derogatory statements such as “Why should I lose weight while it runs in my blood?” or “it’s a family thing.”

Research shows that many cases of genetically influenced obesity are related to environmental factors such as poor eating habit learnt during childhood as well as environments with low level or zero tolerance for physical exercise or other recreational activities.

Inasmuch as some obesity are genetically related, it still doesn’t mean that it is impossible to lost weight.

Las las, you won’t be as chubby as your parents. Trust me, no parent is comfortable with an obese child who knows nothing but how to eat and say ‘thank you.’
Read More Here: https://africainfolead.com/certain-things-apart-from-food-which-can-lead-to-obesity/

(1) (Reply)

No. 1 Way To Burn Stomach Fat Immediately / The Organ Called Pancreas / Cosmetic Dentist IL | Pediatric Dental Skokie - Richard A Schmidt DDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.