Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,368 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Tick Tock - A Short Play By Dada Dorcas - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tick Tock - A Short Play By Dada Dorcas (300 Views)

Pls Guys I Need A Short Play For Primary School Pupils / A Short Play- (the Hunted Hunter) / Blood Money Lover, A Play By Staru1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tick Tock - A Short Play By Dada Dorcas by NhSnailwrites(f): 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2018
I'm nothing near perfect in writing but I really do love writing.

Here's a playlet titled: Tick Tock

It entails the life of a student who thinks she's got the whole time in the world.

What happens when you put things to a later time?
Find out in Tick Tock!

© Dada Dorcas
Re: Tick Tock - A Short Play By Dada Dorcas by NhSnailwrites(f): 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
One.

(Helen chatting with her friend & coursemate, Judith, in their room)

Helen: (yawns) Today was just so stressful, from one lecture to another. I really need some rest.

Judith: Yeah yeah... But Helen, it's just 6pm. Why don't you eat first and then we work on the assignment Prof Sidney gave us later in the night?

Helen: (grunts) We don't have to worry about that right away. It's due in a week. That's plenty of time dear.

Judith: But Helen, we could just do it today so we wouldn't have to be...

Helen: (cut in) bookworm, you go ahead with it, okay? And erm, didn't you mention something about eating? Please, am hungry.

Judith: (shakes her head) Alright.

(Two days to the due date)

Judith: You've not done that assignment yet?

Helen: (gasps) I completely forgot! But no worries, there's still a day left (smiles)

Judith: Uhmmm... Okay o

(A day to the due date, Judith asked her friend about the assignment again)

Helen: I'll start in the midnight. *winks*

Judith: see ehn, I just pity you. I believe you know Prof Sidney is very strict. You had better not handle her assignment with levity.

Helen: Thank you o madam. Just say u want to insult me

Judith: (surprised) insult? That's just a friendly advice, Helen. Sorry if I offended you.

Helen: motigbo (I've heard)

(They both went to bed and Helen woke up at 12:15am to start the assignment)

Helen: I'll start 12:30am (she thought)

(As she lay in bed, the tempting fingers of her bedcover began to comfort her skin. The pillows also whispered to her ears..."Heeeeleeen"... and so...she slept off. The alarm went off.)

Helen: 7:30! (She screamed & since she couldn't possibly start the assignment now, she rushedto the bathroom)

She got to class that morning looking messy & uncoordinated. So... it was zero for that assignment.

[Curtain]
Re: Tick Tock - A Short Play By Dada Dorcas by NhSnailwrites(f): 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2018
Does it make any sense? Should I keep up with updates? Show some love guys...

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Some Hungry Nigeria Feminists By John Chizoba Vincent / John Vincent Poems: Hang No Tears Here, Boys. / How Writing From Personal Experience Gives Your Story A Unique Voice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.