Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,940 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

After Calling PDP ‘lootocrats,’ Keyamo Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Calling PDP ‘lootocrats,’ Keyamo Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth (524 Views)

Yahaya Bello: FG, EFCC Challenged To Publish Their 8-Year Financial Reports / Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs / Presidential Tribunal: Atiku, PDP Close Case After Calling 62 Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Calling PDP ‘lootocrats,’ Keyamo Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth by DinoMelaye(m): 11:18pm On Oct 26, 2018
After Calling PDP ‘Lootocrats,’ Keyamo Now Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth

Festus Keyamo, the spokesman of President Muhammadu Buhari Campaign Organisation, has been challenged to prove his own source of wealth after he described the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as ‘lootocrats.’

The challenge was thrown to Mr Keyamo by Chima Amadi, the Executive Director of the Centre for Transparency Advocacy, a non-profit organization campaigning against impunity and bad governance.

Mr Amadi, a legal practitioner and member of the PDP, threw the challenge on Friday in a statement he signed.

The spokesman of the president’s campaign team had on Wednesday referred to the opposition party and it’s members as lootocrats who are desperate to return to power to siphon the wealth of the nation.

“When a candidate for an election & his party are actually suggesting to us that CHARACTER is not an issue & we should completely ignore how a public servant became rich, then genuine patriots must rise & fight to save d very soul and essence of our country from these ‘lootocrats’” Keyamo, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), tweeted.

Though he did not mention names, he was obviously referring to the PDP and its Presidential Candidate for the 2019 election, Atiku Abubakar.

Mr Abubakar is the major challenger of President Buhari in the contest with about 70 contestants. Since he left office as vice president, aspiring to govern as President, this is his first time he is clinching the ticket of the PDP.

His ambition has led him in and out of the party severally. Buhari defeated him and one other in 2014 when they struggled for the presidential ticket of the All Progressive Congress (APC).

Until his return to the PDP, Atiku has been a major financier of the now ruling APC and there was no questioning of his wealth while he was in the party. The question of how he made wealth came to limelight immediately he emerged the PDP candidate.

The submission of Keyamo did not go down well Amadi who described the legal practitioner as a betrayer who sabotaged the efforts of Gani Fawahinmi, a late legal activist.

The legal practitioner said Keyamo was guilty of what he was accusing the PDP of and urged him to explain how he amassed the few wealth his listed as his.

NGPOLITICS picked some few assets Amadi alleged belonged to the President’s spokesman to include: Houses located at Maryland in Lagos State and Zone 5 Abuja, the nation’s capital; cash amounting to N200 million and a Prado Jeep fraudulently swindled from a client; a $200,000 from Airtel Shares among others.

Although NGPOLITICS, as at press time could not independently verify Mr Amadi claims, he promised to make more revelations if the challenge is accepted. He also said he was legally ready should Keyamo choose to battle it out with him at the judiciary.

“…The APC you defend right now was the same you called “frauds” in 2013 during a press conference in Benin following your loss of the party gubernatorial ticket. What changed? New paymaster maybe?” he queried.

“Finally, Festus, when you live in a glass house, beware of stones. I know you will come for me, and I happily await you, my records are there but, before you act be advised thus: what I just brought out now is a compromise following calls by friends that know you.

“If you Choose to escalate,I will go further down low.We may have to tell the world certain other stories you will certainly not like. For example, that your closely guarded secret of your real crew. You know what I mean? Or how you became SAN.And some other things we shall keep secret.

“Secondly, I am also loaded enough to get the best of lawyers , so don’t even try your ’we meet in court nonsense’. It will be a pleasure to show the court that you lack any modicum of reputation to protect . My advice: defend your candidate and promote your candidate, no shame In that but, you cannot insult people and hope to intimidate everyone into silence with your rabble rousing noise. I am not Sowunmi, I fight dirty and clean. You decide the one you want. This is my Killshot!” the statement partly read.

Keyamo could not be immediately reached for reactions to the allegations against him.

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/pdp-lootocrats-keyamo-challenged-prove-own-wealth/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Calling PDP ‘lootocrats,’ Keyamo Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth by DinoMelaye(m): 11:21pm On Oct 26, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: After Calling PDP ‘lootocrats,’ Keyamo Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth by DinoMelaye(m): 11:23pm On Oct 26, 2018
grin

O setie...
Re: After Calling PDP ‘lootocrats,’ Keyamo Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth by Nbote(m): 11:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
He's already sitting on d board of NDIC, one of d low key juicy and cash spinning financial agency..
Re: After Calling PDP ‘lootocrats,’ Keyamo Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth by Olatunji1929: 12:51am On Oct 27, 2018
This is what i called incoming RPG otobo hide well well to safe the ramain reputation u go dey use after buhari has gone back to his village in 2019
Re: After Calling PDP ‘lootocrats,’ Keyamo Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth by deantimes(m): 6:46am On Oct 27, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: After Calling PDP ‘lootocrats,’ Keyamo Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth by deantimes(m): 6:47am On Oct 27, 2018
DinoMelaye:
After Calling PDP ‘Lootocrats,’ Keyamo Now Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/pdp-lootocrats-keyamo-challenged-prove-own-wealth/

Oya Keyamo it's now your turn.
Re: After Calling PDP ‘lootocrats,’ Keyamo Challenged To Prove Own Source Of Wealth by RZArecta2(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2018
Festus Otobo Keyamo has been in hiding ever since Chima Amadi released the scud missiles yesterday morning. He hasn't come anywhere near twitter by mistake sef, well meaning Nigerians like me don't know if he's suffering menstrual cramps from the onslaught or if he jump into a nearby lagoon. The twitter SAN disappear just like that Chaii !!!! grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Why President Buhari Will Defeat Atiku / NLC, TUC Begin Strike Mobilisation Wednesday / Imo APC Crisis: Uche Nwosu, Okorocha, List Of Those Who Lost,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.