Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? (3803 Views)

Southwest States To Launch Regional Electricity, Rail Projects / Just In ! Kalu,buhari Win Abia North’s 5 Lgas As PDP Unleashes Terror / I Will Step-down From The Throne If Buhari Win – (emir Vows) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Linzo(m): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2018
PDP is still very strong in the SW states but you can't give the votes to PMB or Atiku, to me I see 50-50 vote in that region though if APC do their underground job well they take it 60-40

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by rusher14: 11:35am On Oct 27, 2018
VaselineCrew:

I am for Sowore here, I am against recyling old Analog Politicians in Buhari and Atiku.

If you are projecting a jump from 4000MW in 2019 to 10,000MW in 2023, then why didn't APC make the jump from the 4,000MW they met it to 10,000MW by 2019

Simply because you guys can't do it, you lack the fundamental capabilities to do it. You lack the will to as well, as your minister of power if busy telling his kinsmen to support the current government based on the presidency being transferred to his tribe later. If he was a serious minister, he'd have no time sorting through the numerous papers on his desk, deals that need signing, files that need to be transferred and so on to be uttering such crass statement.

APC spent a whopping 3 billion dollars looking for oil in the north. Yet if the had spent that money DIRECTLY on SOLAR PANELS in the north, do you know how many MegaWatts of power they could have added? You don't? okay lets do that math.

A watt of solar panels in todays market goes for roughly 1 dollar.

So 3,000,000,000 would equate to 3,000,000,000 watts = 3,000,000KW = 3,000MW.

Yet they will tell Nigerians we don't have money, but you already spent 3,000MW worth of power looking for oil in the north that you did not find.

For people at home in Nigeria already using solar, like myself, you know that with solar you always have some electricity being generated when the sun is up. Most solar home owners in Nigeria look forward to the sunrise more than others, cause the sunrise brings with it, power for their electronics.

So if indeed APC was serious, they would have used that 3 billion dollars to increase our electricity production by 3,000MW all under a year, as solar plants don't take as long to setup as typical Coal, Nuclear and Gas plants.

Buhari has no vision and neither does Atiku.

Sowore 2019

Because even with all the money in the world, even with the best intentions power projects take time.
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by lenghtinny(m): 11:37am On Oct 27, 2018
Integrator1:

So you mean south west with the whole governors been APC would loose to PDP without a single governor come 2019.. lol, for more jokes send 101 to 131

I'm sure you are blind to all the political intrigues going on in the southwest Apc...
- Amosun is running from pillar to post to install his puppet in Ogun.
- Akeredolu calling Oshiomole names in Ondo State.
- Ambode humiliated in Lagos
- Aregbesola had to form an alliance with an unlikely friend to install his puppet in Osun
- Fayemi may be governor but he can't boast of delivering block votes to Buhari in Ekiti
- Only Ajimobi has a little sense of stability but he still can't sway massive votes in Buhari's favour in Oyo.

If it's by power of incumbency, then apc won't be ruling in southwest today ( check history for more info).
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by ngoziamara: 11:53am On Oct 27, 2018
No right thinking Nigerian will ever vote for Buhari again. The past three year has been characterized by hunger, killings and insecurity.
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by senatordave1(m): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2018
Linzo:
PDP is still very strong in the SW states but you can't give the votes to PMB or Atiku, to me I see 50-50 vote in that region though if APC do their underground job well they take it 60-40
Pdp is not that strong compared to 2015 while apc is stronger.in 2015,gej was a southerner and managed to get 42% in south west with incumbency power.atiku a northerner wont get up to 40%.it wil be at least 60% for buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by mandarin: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
grin
0monnak0da:
Buhari will win by a landslide.
Obi Ko orogbo ni

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by senatordave1(m): 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
lenghtinny:

I'm sure you are blind to all the political intrigues going on in the southwest Apc...
- Amosun is running from pillar to post to install his puppet in Ogun.
- Akeredolu calling Oshiomole names in Ondo State.
- Ambode humiliated in Lagos
- Aregbesola had to form an alliance with an unlikely friend to install his puppet in Osun
- Fayemi may be governor but he can't boast of delivering block votes to Buhari in Ekiti
- Only Ajimobi has a little sense of stability but he still can't sway massive votes in Buhari's favour in Oyo.

If it's by power of incumbency, then apc won't be ruling in southwest today ( check history for more info).
Pdp is also in disarray in the west.but all the apc governors are ok with buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Roger3D(m): 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
quickberry:

All north eastern states are for Buhari, don't say what you don't know
with the exception of Taraba state who have never voted for him and probably never will

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by quickberry(m): 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
Roger3D:
with the exception of Taraba state who have never voted for him and probably never will

I concur

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by senatordave1(m): 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
ngoziamara:
No right thinking Nigerian will ever vote for Buhari again. The past three year has been characterized by hunger, killings and insecurity.
No right thinking nigerian will also vote pdp in which hunger,corruption,killings and insecurity characterized their ruling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Donmedrac: 12:05pm On Oct 27, 2018
senatordave1:

No right thinking nigerian will also vote pdp in which hunger,corruption,killings and insecurity characterized their ruling
no so let's vote sowore in Yoruba land
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Roger3D(m): 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
Lot13:
I can assure you that Buhari will win the six SW states.
This is not debatable.
The right statement will be ' Buhari will most likely win in the SW'. Nothing is certain over there

2 Likes

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by senatordave1(m): 12:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
quickberry:

I concur
He will get 30% in taraba as usual and get 40% in adamawa if he doesnt win

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by senatordave1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
Donmedrac:
no so let's vote sowore in Yoruba land
While we vote donald duke in ss and apga in se

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by lenghtinny(m): 12:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
senatordave1:

Pdp is also in disarray in the west.but all the apc governors are ok with buhari

Mr man the topic is if Buhari will win the SW. I'm talking about Apc and Buhari's chances in the southwest in 2019.

Pledging loyalty to him won't necessarily translate to massive votes in the SW. The party infightings will further dim his chances in the region...

You can take this to the bank angry...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by tuniski: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
rusher14:

Don't mind them.

All they scream about are phantom job losses.

The rails and roads being built maybe they are done by mutants.

The Npower scheme is probably for aliens.

Banks declaring profit left and right nko?

They'll all be pretending they once held 8 figured salaried jobs.
You are very wicked person to think job Losses are phantom! Just thank God for yours and by the way, Npower is not a job it is a stealer of destiny, meant for youth whose drive is dead!
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by tuniski: 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2018
senatordave1:

Pdp is not that strong compared to 2015 while apc is stronger.in 2015,gej was a southerner and managed to get 42% in south west with incumbency power.atiku a northerner wont get up to 40%.it wil be at least 60% for buhari.
Why are you always like this? SW is not a tribalistic region. It is the most open,liberal and diverse region in the country.

2019 buhari may lose SW forget VP slot nonsense. Buhari is a monumental failure and SW is too performance sensitive. NC and SW are the critical swing regions of Nigeria. However, Atiku will Swing NE too!
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Ovamboland(m): 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
Donmedrac:
grin I just love playing with them..

An average Yoruba man will rather vote sowore than vote Buhari..

Buhari needs more than 80% in the southwest to win Atiku, anything less than that is a win for pdp grin

Stop deceiving yourself, it's Atiku you want, you're just playing games with Sowore's name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by rusher14: 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2018
tuniski:

You are very wicked person to think job Losses are phantom! Just thank God for yours and by the way, Npower is not a job it is a stealer of destiny, meant for youth whose drive is dead!

The same youth that had nothing is the same youth you claim has his destiny stolen.

Talk about being confused.

grin

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by rusher14: 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
ngoziamara:

Who got killed in your area?

Why didn't you stop them?

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Ovamboland(m): 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2018
VaselineCrew:
lol, So all of a sudden, "There is no Hunger in the Land"

Tribalist arguing against known facts, all to the destruction of their own country.

God must have had a good reason for making me a Nigerian, but I'm not seeing it yet, not with these citizens I share this country with.

If Nigerians are ready for real change, they'd shun APC and PDP in 2019 and vote the likes of Sowore, but I guess we like to cut off our own noses here to spite our faces

Poverty has risen in Nigeria, with almost 100 million people living on less than a $1 (£0.63) a day, despite economic growth, statistics have shown.

The National Bureau of Statistics said 60.9% of Nigerians in 2010 were living in "absolute poverty" - this figure had risen from 54.7% in 2004.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-17015873

Although it is shameful to even start comparison but for the sake of those who may be deceived by revisionist that Obasanjo did something very special and the so-called wonderful Fulani in Yar'adua or the big job done by Jonathan the above shows the reality of 100 million or 61% lived in poverty. The reason we happen to have the largest population of poor by 2018 is because other countries with large poor population (India, China) is doing something that is working at poverty reduction. It's the result of long years of active planning and investment in people not a quick fix.

This government does not even have 100 million poor even with increased population compared to 2010.
The way to continue to reduce poverty is to make Nigerian go back to work by doing things they need for themselves, like growing our own rice, making our own clothes and shoes and making our own building materials.

Any item we can do ourselves but still import is simply importing unemployment. This is already happening and the surest way to reverse the trend is to bring back someone into the presidency promising cheap imported rice and consumer items by using the coming oil boom to import more unemployment,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Duru1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2018
rusher14:

Maybe there is hunger in your household.

Buhari would win every single state in South West, North West, North East, Half of South South and 30% in South East. North central of the likes of PDP sponsored herdsmen would be divided.

This idiotic and wishful stream of thought can only hold fort if the corruptible INEC plays the rig game. If such nonsense ever contemplated, Nigeria should cease to exist.
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by rusher14: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
Duru1:

This idiotic and wishful stream of thought can only hold fort if the corruptible INEC plays the rig game. If such nonsense ever contemplated, Nigeria should cease to exist.

You can cease to exist before Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by front4line: 1:42pm On Oct 27, 2018
Beremx:
In 2015, Igbos took the lead in those who hated Buhari with passion. This is 2018, the pattern has shifted. Yoruba, Igbo Niger Delta, Middle Belt and even some of Buhari's people are angry at this government. And some people are deceiving themselves about the reality on ground.

Nonsense and Buhari!!

Do not go n commit suicide over Buhari matter, you posited a narrative to the people in the SW. They responded affirmatively that Buhari is their choice but you kept on saying SW will not vote Buhari ?! Madam are you suffering from generational curse or as God forsaken you ?

Ain’t you suppose to accept what the people claiming to be from the SW said as the true positing on the narrative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Binikingdowm: 1:44pm On Oct 27, 2018
front4line:

Do not go n commit suicide over Buhari matter, you posited a narrative to the people in the SW. They responded affirmatively that Buhari is their choice but you kept on saying SW will not vote Buhari ?! Madam are you suffering from generational curse or as God forsaken you ?

Ain’t you suppose to accept what the people claiming to be from the SW said as the true positing on the narrative.
same with the edo.. stop forcing Buhari on us..

I see some idiots saying buhari will win edo state, he won't even get 25% here
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Donmedrac: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ovamboland:

Stop deceiving yourself, it's Atiku you want, you're just playing games with Sowore's name.
noo the Yoruba will rather vote their sons than vote a Fulani
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by tuniski: 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
rusher14:

The same youth that had nothing is the same youth you claim has his destiny stolen.

Talk about being confused.

grin
I am not a youth, I am a young person anyway and I know for true the job losses. Only dependents and perhaps children of millennial that don't understand reality beyond themselves that spew venom on others pains!
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by 0monnak0da: 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
Duru1:

Cease to exist by doing tumbotumbo or saying abracadabra? Ojukwu said worse finally he fled. Nnamdi Kanu is now in Galilee or is it Nazareth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by front4line: 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
VaselineCrew:

Nigerians, you know deep down in you heart that you deserve a better, more educated leader.

Can Buhari get into Columbia University? Can Atiku Get in?

Sowore got in for a Masters in PUBLIC ADMINSTRATION, He is 10 times more qualified than Buhari and Atiku put together. The choice is there for Nigerians to make if they want to be free.

Have Sowore prove the bilrilliance of his education by outwitting others to win PDP or APC presidential primaries then maybe then Nigerians can take him serious. This grandeur of wanting to become a president with structure is planning stupid n foolish but hey what do I know.

I sha no say 9ja no be Europe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Duru1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
rusher14:

You can cease to exist before Nigeria.

In fact contrary to your bonehead wish, I will outlast the shithole called Nigeria.
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Donmedrac: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2018
Sowore or fela durotoye must win southwest..

Both APC and pdp are corrupt but these men will take Nigeria forward..

Let's vote our sons
Re: Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? by Duru1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2018
0monnak0da:

Cease to exist by doing tumbotumbo or saying abracadabra? Ojukwu said worse finally he fled. Nnamdi Kanu is now in Galilee or is it Nazareth?

You will embrace "tumbotumbo or abracadabra" when one bottle is left standing on the wall. I do not believe that vicious circles end in one or two rounds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu drops Presidential ambition after latest used & dumped / ADP Expels The Former Secretary, 16 Executive Members, Gives Reason. / Jagaban And Osho Laughing At Wailers Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.