Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe (3457 Views)

My Parents Divorce Left My Life In Shambles / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / How Third Parties Involvement Ruin My Parents Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by evertrue: 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2010
we love each other and want to get married, but my parents are refusing because of his tribe and no other reason. they want me to marry so meone from my place. wat do i do?
Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by globaljobs(m): 8:07am On Jul 19, 2010
You can either go ahead with the relationship or discontinue it.

If the guys parents love you, you're not likely to have any issues because your parents will eventually get over it because you're their kid.

Nevertherless, there may be difficult moments along the way. That is why you need to weigh your options carefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by Selena586: 9:52am On Jul 19, 2010
When your parents really love you, they want you to be happy and when you are happca with this man they will accept him after some time.
Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by Blueice4re(f): 10:09am On Jul 19, 2010
If your guys family loves you and you are very syre you luv him then follow ur heart.
Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by chrystee: 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2010
@ Poster,

I had to reply you cos i have just recovered from a similar situation.I had to use my experience to site an example for u.Its a long story but i hope it helps.I had dated dis guy for 5yrs by 2008 & when we felt it was time to legalize our relationship,i introduced him to my mum.I was actually thinking that she'll be easier to convince & then she can help me convince my Dad who am really scared of but to my greatest suprise,she disapproved and started to fight the relationship.She got a lot of people involved to try to convince me otherwise with talks of his tribe not having value for women & their not being serious christians & his family being polygamous & all sorts of things but i knew the guy whom i was with.i asked myself if he was worth it & my answer was yes.I loved him like myself and i still do I know he has flaws but he makes me so happy & i couldnt find myself giving up something that precious for some baseless assumptions.So i began to pray to God and go for councellng.So many times,i felt like i should run off,get pregnant by him or something but he always discouraged me telling me i will only make them hate him the more.So one faithful day,i summoned up courage to tell my Dad about it.I had made up my mind that if he also disapproves totally,i'll have no choice but to give in because i dont have his strenght at all.Suprisingly my Dad said he had to think about it,after which he called me and expressed his fears about marrying into a different tribe.I understood with him and i knew that my parents loved me and they were only doing this out of fear for my safety and future so i wasnt hard on them.For two years,i wasnt sure of what to do.Just around April this year,my parents called me and gave me their consent and blessing so i am set to wed this October.There is nothing like marrying with your parents blessing so i urge you to pray about it.If u really love him.God will soften ur parents heart.Because he is God of all mankind and there's nothing too hard for him. wink

4 Likes

Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by evertrue: 6:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
@ chrystee. thank you so much. I guess i would just have to keep praying. i pray that God that did yours wld do mine too. wish you all the best. i am also ur namesake, imagine.
Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by Mazi4066: 10:14pm On May 07, 2022
Guys Am currently in this kind of situation now. We are already engaged I really love her and can do anything to keep my baby.
Advice please
Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by Assumptabeke(f): 10:50pm On May 07, 2022
Mazi4066:
Guys Am currently in this kind of situation now. We are already engaged I really love her and can do anything to keep my baby.
Advice please
I think you should create your own thread.
Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by MAGG0T(m): 11:38pm On May 07, 2022
smiley

I can marry an Afonja woman if love abides in the relationship...

But, my mind isn't in this country again

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by ibechris(m): 6:31am On May 08, 2022
U young men and women...try and marry from your tribe...e get why?

Just try if u can.

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by Karleb(m): 8:15am On May 08, 2022
If you don't have craze, date your village people, so that when it's time for marriage you won't have this problem.

But if you have a little craze like me, date from any tribe you fancy.
Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by rukyboy(m): 8:24am On May 08, 2022
ibechris:
U young men and women...try and marry from your tribe...e get why?

Just try if u can.

I'm inclined to agree with this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by SHINJA: 2:25pm On May 08, 2022
I can't never marry a Igbo woman...

Godforbid...

I rather die single...

God bless southsouth and southwest
Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by beautyhd: 2:38pm On May 08, 2022
Who resurrected a 2010 post?

1 Like

Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by Jennysam01: 3:54pm On May 08, 2022
Am currently in dis kind of situation but mine is, they r my guadiance nt biological parent
Re: Advice Pls: My Parents Refuse My Fiance Because Of His Tribe by Klass99(f): 4:11pm On May 08, 2022
cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Should I Expose My Sister For Her Evil Acts On Innocent Children? / I Am Tired Of This "Stay At Home Already" / Partner with Chymall an e-commerce business and earn on ur investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.