Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,194 members, 7,835,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) (694 Views)

Helicopter Crash: Leicester City Owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha And 4 Others Die / Helicopter Crash: Leicester City Owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprab & 2 Others Die / Leicester City Owner, Srivaddhanaprabha's Helicopter Crashes, Bursts Into Flames (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) by Gisthoodng(m): 7:20am On Oct 28, 2018
Leicester City owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha's helicopter crashed outside of the King Power Stadium on Saturday night.

It has not been confirmed whether the owner was in the helicopter however the BBC claim a source has told them he was.

And Sky Sports claim several are feared dead after the helicopter got out of control before crashing into the ground and bursting into flames in the club's car park.

Emergency services scrambled to the scene and shocked onlookers were asked to leave.

Leicester Police said in a statement: "We are dealing with an incident in the vicinity of the King Power Stadium. Emergency services are aware and dealing."

The 61-year-old Srivaddhanapraba who owns King Power, took over at the club in 2010 and is worth an estimated £5billion.

He gets picked up by helicopter from the pitch after every Leicester home game.

Eyewitnesses said they could see the helicopter struggling in the air before going into a tailspin and plummeting intothe ground where it was engulfed in flames.

One eyewitness said: “I saw it all. It was clearly in trouble and only just managed to get over the stadium before it started whirling around and coming down.”

Leicester fan Malcolm Brewin walked to the King Power Stadium and he was left shocked by what he saw.

He said: “I’m still in shock. I think it’s going to take a few days to sink in.

“I watched the match at home just down the road. Then someone posted on Facebook saying this shocking thing had happened after the City match.

“As soon as I heard I knew it didn’t sound good.

“When you think of all the things this family has done for this club and the city,it’s just awful news.

“We still don’t know exactly what has happened because nothing’s been confirmed yet, but it’s clearly very, very sad.”

Tim Acott, Leicester season ticket holder of 40 years, said: "It just came out of the stadium already spinning then down to the ground.

"Just in a spiral. It hit the ground with a big bang then burst into flames. It's over on the other side of the car park, I don't think there were people there. I'm shaking like anything."

More Photos:https://www.mysportdab.com/2018/10/omg-leicester-owner-helicopter-crashes.html

cc; Lalasticlala

Re: Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) by Gisthoodng(m): 7:23am On Oct 28, 2018

Re: Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) by ACHILLES45: 7:36am On Oct 28, 2018
shocked
Re: Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 28, 2018
The man dey inside, dem knw just wan say it out now because of the investors or people that have shares in the club. But wetin we gain for this life self if death is d last destination of everyone
Re: Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) by LuciferYaweh: 8:11am On Oct 28, 2018
Basic rules you learn in Aviation school

Don't masturbate or receive head at the controls. It is dangerous!

But they won't listen. Now see...
Re: Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) by LuciferYaweh: 8:11am On Oct 28, 2018
Re: Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) by LiveWireForum: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2018
Re: Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
LuciferYaweh:
Basic rules you learn in Aviation school

Don't masturbate or receive head at the controls. It is dangerous!

But they won't listen. Now see...
That was a childish thing to say.
Re: Update On Leicester City's Owner Helicopter Crash (Photos) by LuciferYaweh: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
comshots:
That was a childish thing to say.

Who said I was grown before?

My pastor's wife still calls me "baby".

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Accurate Results ,check Our 1x2 ,over 2.5 & Free VIP 2 ODDS Page / Brighton Gave Chelsea 'two Early Christmas Presents', Admits Leon Balogun / Players In England Team With Nigerian Descendants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.