Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,594 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Being Black - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Being Black (253 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Black by Akukom: 8:02am On Oct 28, 2018
Why then do we make it difficult for brothers to get to our heights of achievements and show forth the prevalent African mindset “even if he gets to my level, he shouldn’t be better than I am”

If our brothers are made to suffer in foreign lands, because of color, what’s our excuse for making them suffer too, why do we keep tasking and taxing the black skin?

There’s a drop of greatness in every man, why then do we try to intentionally drown others’ drops of greatness in our own oceans of greatness and leave them stereotyped and uninspired.

Do I need to convince the foreign man that I’m equal to his brothers only to come back to convince my brothers too? Why cheat a brother who’s trying help? Why bite the fingers that feed you while you belch?

We complain about not being in unity but my daughter cannot unite in holy matrimony with your son because we’re not from the same ethnic group… “No, it can’t happen… “She’s a Christian, so?! What about her parents?” I hear her tribe is known for witchcraft, you just can’t marry her”, “a source says she’s got lunacy in her lineage”…

“Use your talents”, they say, but they only care about what you’ll bring to their tables even if your talent isn’t involved.

Our kids need exposure but to what exactly? To the crap and garbage we play as songs? To the predictable lines of movies and novels?, if you’re not...

Full story: https://akukom.com/being-black/

Source: www.akukom.com

Obinnau, Divepen1

(1) (Reply)

If You Like To Read I Think Summary Will Make You Read Ahead / Remember Us This Way / Book Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.