Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:04 PM

Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? (416 Views)

Zamfara APC Reacts To Members’ Defection To PDP / Salihu Lukman: Jonathan Is Not An APC Member, It Is Not Possible / Buhari To Assign Portfolios To Ministers-designate On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by ImperialYoruba: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
Look, im tired of talking national politics to people who don't even understand their civic relationship with their state governor. So Im proposing a workable solution to this dillema.

It would be nice for each member to be assigned a rank to their moniker and that rank is a point value that can move up or down a scale to show the value of that person on political knowledge, their propensity for fact-based discussion, their capability to clarify and share knowledge on topics, their contribution and strength to promote Nairaland as a responsible and user friendly forum.

The scale should be graded from 0 to 9. Anyone earning more points should be designated as 9+.

When I "storm" into Nairaland and I go into a thread I will avoid people with 2 points, 4points.....Im looking for those with 8points and above to engage in discussion.

If a person gets a ban, in addition to the restriction they should be moved downward 1point on the scale.

I believe this will greatly improve participation and reduce animosities and clashes.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by WetinConsignMe: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
No
Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by cooldipo(m): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
I love your proposition!

2 Likes

Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
If they do that monickers like "MannaBBQRills would be 'novice'
Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by ImperialYoruba: 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2018
cooldipo:
I love your proposition!

Thanks!
Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by ImperialYoruba: 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
If they do that monickers like "MannaBBQRills would be 'novice'

grin. Let him see your comment, you don buy wahala today.

Seriously, we already asked for grading when we submit post and hope it will earn "Likes" and "Shares". We are asking to be graded.

So instead of grading by posts, why not kuku grade the person gaan and alert other members on what to expect when they engage with such person.

Politics Section is the most lively and a hot spot in Nairaland. We need to shape impressions and we need to separate fact based discussions from hearsays and conjectures and promote contributors with great intellect and minds to share knowledge and engage in discussions to move society forward.

1 Like

Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by Barondenigeria: 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2018
Reddit cool
Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by babyfaceafrica: 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
nice one..but won't fly....
Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by Newboss(m): 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
The society is already segmented enough. angry

The mõrons have the right to be mõrons. angry That could be their talent angry

That's why Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc will be the boss for another full decade while reddit will still be worth $1.8B or less angry

This is basic psychology angry
Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by nijabazaar: 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
U should ask NL to first of all upgrade their 2004 programming

2 Likes

Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by CilicMarin: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2018
ImperialYoruba:
Look, im tired of talking national politics to people who don't even understand their civic relationship with their state governor. So Im proposing a workable solution to this dillema.

It would be nice for each member to be assigned a rank to their moniker and that rank is a point value that can move up or down a scale to show the value of that person on political knowledge, their propensity for fact-based discussion, their capability to clarify and share knowledge on topics, their contribution and strength to promote Nairaland as a responsible and user friendly forum.

The scale should be graded from 0 to 9. Anyone earning more points should be designated as 9+.

When I "storm" into Nairaland and I go into a thread I will avoid people with 2 points, 4points.....Im looking for those with 8points and above to engage in discussion.

If a person gets a ban, in addition to the restriction they should be moved downward 1point on the scale.

I believe this will greatly improve participation and reduce animosities and clashes.

Thanks.

If Seun does that, people will start earning money here as media influencers like on Twitter, Facebook and instagram....He wouldn't want that kind of thing to happen in his forum. grin
Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by ImperialYoruba: 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2018
CilicMarin:

If Seun does that, people will start earning money here as media influencers like on Twitter, Facebook and instagram....He wouldn't want that kind of thing to happen in his forum. grin

What i described is a value chain. I only gave the concept a simple scenario and how it can apply to this forum. Overall it has many applications, and as you correctly said, social herding is one. Nairaland can broaden its marketing network.

Point value is what ebay and amazon uses to promote trust in online relationships. Its a mark of credibility. Its like having good credit to trade. grin
Re: Mods, Is It Not Possible To Assign Point Values To Members? by Daviddson(m): 11:08am On Oct 29, 2018
MODIFIED
cc Seun. This is a fantastic idea. But pls first and foremost employ two or three full time Web programmers into Nairaland. Upgrade this website into something big, where we can even have verified accounts like it obtains on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Other features could include: >>blocking someone from being able to follow you (to put an end to cases of trolling); >>block posts from certain people, especially those who are agents of hate and tribal slurs, implementing hashtags and >> "at" feature. @Daviddson .
The UI needs a total overhaul.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Buhari's Compound Bigotry And Stupidityhas Divided Muslims In Nigeria / Atiku Vs Buhari: US Institute Reveals Who May Win Presidential Election / PDP, CUPP Condemn Failed Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.