Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

You Have Surely Heard Of “ikeja” Very Well, But Do You Know The Meaning? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Have Surely Heard Of “ikeja” Very Well, But Do You Know The Meaning? (637 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? / Has Anyone Heard Of Pennylender.com ? Is It A Credible Site To Borrow Money ? / The meaning of " la vida loca" (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have Surely Heard Of “ikeja” Very Well, But Do You Know The Meaning? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2018
Hello Nairalanders

Sure everyone is doing just good

The funny thing about life is you get to learn everyday. That is the only way to grow in knowledge. As the Greek philosopher Socrates always said: I know that I know nothing.

So when a friend told me the full meaning of Ïkeja”, the capital of Lagos, i did my own research to find out and he was right!!! Thanks my G.

Being in the centre of Lagos, Ikeja is certainly a hotspot:

Allen Avenue in Ikeja is one of the most expensive streets in Lagos, The 5-Star Sheraton Hotel is located in Ikeja, Ikeja is also home of the the legendary Fela Amikulapo Kuti and ofcourse the Afrika Shrine, Ikeja is the official seat of the Governor of Lagos and many more so you can”t dispute its significance.

But what if i told you the capital of Lagos Ikeja is only an abbreviation?? ��

IKEJA is only an abbreviation meaning called Ikorodu and Epe Joint Administration. It was coined by colonial administrators for ease of administration.

Re: You Have Surely Heard Of “ikeja” Very Well, But Do You Know The Meaning? by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2018
Good info...
Re: You Have Surely Heard Of “ikeja” Very Well, But Do You Know The Meaning? by McStoic(m): 7:22pm On Oct 28, 2018
What of Abuja, Suleja and Lokoja?
Re: You Have Surely Heard Of “ikeja” Very Well, But Do You Know The Meaning? by Rolings: 6:09am On Oct 29, 2018
McStoic:
What of Abuja, Suleja and Lokoja?

Ja means red in Hausa
Suleja ....... Red (fair skinned ) sule
Abuja ......... Red Abu
Lokoja........ Red loko

2 Likes

Re: You Have Surely Heard Of “ikeja” Very Well, But Do You Know The Meaning? by nlPoster: 9:56am On Sep 27, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Post Constructional Cleaning And Residential Cleaning / Igerian Army University Biu (NAUB) Admission List / EPS | Money Making Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.