Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. (21041 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery To Begin Operation Before December 2024– Senate Committee / Abuja: Police Begin Counter Terrorism Operation After US Warning Of Attacks / DSS, Police Begin Fresh Screening At INEC Collation Centre In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by naptu2: 4:15am On Oct 29, 2018
POLICE TO DECONGEST LAGOS ROADS THROUGH OPERATION  RESTORE SANITY

by Security Monitor - 28/10/2018

Lagos State Police Command wishes to clarify that Operation restore sanity on Lagos roads/Velvet billed to commence tomorrow 29/10/2018, will go on as planned. 

However, the aspect of the operation that the deals with the checking of vehicle documents will be secondary as the Police will focus on clearing all encumbrances that give rise to gridlock in order  to ensure free flow of traffic throughout the state.

Meanwhile, checking of vehicle documents will commence at a date to be announced later.

It is expected that vehicle and motorcycle owners will use the period afforded to regularise their vehicle documents and ready themselves for the second segment  of the operation.

CSP Chike Oti 

Police Public Relations Officer, 

Lagos State.

https://securitymonitorng.com/2018/10/28/police-to-dicongest-lagos-roads-through-operation-restore-sanity/

TVC News report on Operation Velvet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSejg23CB70

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by naptu2: 4:18am On Oct 29, 2018
More

2 Likes

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by naptu2: 4:18am On Oct 29, 2018
Reactions

More reactions
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by Luminee(f): 4:31am On Oct 29, 2018
Good but they should put measures in place to checkmate police activities... You can join Say It Africa @ www.sayitafrica.com and could earn from your likes and comments

1 Like

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by Nogodye(m): 4:45am On Oct 29, 2018
Good move but it shouldn't be another avenue to extort the vehicle owner...

12 Likes

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by Optional09: 4:49am On Oct 29, 2018
Operation awon were!

4 Likes

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by Luminee(f): 4:52am On Oct 29, 2018
Optional09:
Operation awon were!

abi..awon men in black. Egbon check my signature

1 Like

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by VaselineCrew: 5:01am On Oct 29, 2018
Useless

The main thing Nigerian drivers need to be instilled in them is LANE DISCIPLINE

With LANE DISCIPLINE, traffic moves freely even when congested, unlike Nigeria were any small traffic, a 3 lane road turns into a 6 lane road with vehicles scratching and bashing each other.

Is it by magic that other countries can have cars within their lanes even with heavy traffic, without forming more?

COMPARE THIS

TO THIS

Yet, these ediots will be going around Lagos, looking for fire extinguisher

Honestly, we need newer, younger and HIGHLY EDUCATED leadership throughout Nigeria

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by chomchom1(f): 5:05am On Oct 29, 2018
Another way of enriching police officers cool

3 Likes

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by jojomario(m): 5:10am On Oct 29, 2018
This should be applicable to all the commercial busses plying those routes. NOT only concentrate on private vehicles.

3 Likes

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by chloride6: 5:18am On Oct 29, 2018
VaselineCrew:
Useless

The main thing Nigerian drivers need to be instilled in them is LANE DISCIPLINE

With LANE DISCIPLINE, traffic moves freely even when congested, unlike Nigeria were any small traffic, a 3 lane road turns into a 6 lane road with vehicles scratching and bashing each other.

Is it by magic that other countries can have cars within their lanes even with heavy traffic, without forming more?

COMPARE THIS

TO THIS

Yet, these ediots will be going around Lagos, looking for fire extinguisher

Honestly, we need newer, younger and HIGHLY EDUCATED leadership throughout Nigeria

Lane discipline won't do anything for us

1 Like

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by murphyibiam15(m): 5:20am On Oct 29, 2018
operation bribe collection

2 Likes

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by okomile(f): 5:20am On Oct 29, 2018
No be Lagos?
Egunje for them

Xmas is here, exhortations will follow asap

Please, give your personal experience or situations around you.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by VaselineCrew: 5:30am On Oct 29, 2018
chloride6:

Lane discipline won't do anything for us

Why do you say so? Did you see the difference in how organized traffic looked in the first pic compared to the second?

Unless you mean it won't work because we don't have marked lanes on some roads.

If not, then I must disagree with you as Lane Discipline is one of the fundamental principles of safe, organized and free flowing traffic.

Even the Police in Nigeria sef don't have lane discipline on roads that have clear lane markings. I see them on lekki epe, driving on the white dashed lines all the time, it's quite frustrating that even the enforcement agencies have no idea how to drive. Traffic Poilce in Yankee would never drive on the white line unless it's an emergency. They always drive by example.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by VaselineCrew: 5:32am On Oct 29, 2018
I did not even see the useless list they put up there, can you imagine that shhhh

men fvck dese niggggas angry

Razor blade? Flash light? Proof of Ownership?

mudafvkers
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by VaselineCrew: 5:37am On Oct 29, 2018
Why must they even let insanity reign before trying so hard to restore sanity

Every time in this shhhithole country, it's always one operation after the other, all ending in no results, useless things

Maybe if you enforced the law every day, sanity would not have been lost aye! How about that?

Daft Leaders, daft leaders everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by Optional09: 5:37am On Oct 29, 2018
Luminee:

abi..awon men in black. Egbon check my signature

What’s your level? Yes I am not ready to register for anything. Tell me in private what challenge you are having
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:04am On Oct 29, 2018
I hope they won't constitute some nuisance too thereby causing traffic also with there park park slogan.....
I know that those danfos will enter one chance as its the season to exhort them... egunje master...
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by armadeo(m): 6:11am On Oct 29, 2018
This country is really a shithole.

Of all the problems Lagos is facing including traffic it's to do stop and search and increase the traffic situation with imbeciles seeking the funds for Christmas

Nincompoops
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by itiswellandwell: 6:33am On Oct 29, 2018
Hmm
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by Luminee(f): 6:53am On Oct 29, 2018
Optional09:

What’s your level? Yes I am not ready to register for anything. Tell me in private what challenge you are having

Which level? why would there be a reason for me to contact you privately? I do not have any challenges that requires your assistance, just like bloggers and every other person promotes their links, projects and ideas, I simply asked you to "check out my signature" you really don't have to register if you don't want to.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 29, 2018
VaselineCrew:

Why do you say so? Did you see the difference in how organized traffic looked in the first pic compared to the second?

Unless you mean it won't work because we don't have marked lanes on some roads.

If not, then I must disagree with you as Lane Discipline is one of the fundamental principles of safe, organized and free flowing traffic.

Even the Police in Nigeria sef don't have lane discipline on roads that have clear lane markings. I see them on lekki epe, driving on the white dashed lines all the time, it's quite frustrating that even the enforcement agencies have no idea how to drive. Traffic Poilce in Yankee would never drive on the white line unless it's an emergency. They always drive by example.

The difference is clear now, the traffic laws in Lagos are very good but the problem be say dem no enforce am. If dem jail 10 people for driving thru one way I'm sure you go see how people go avoid doing it.

Some people go drive on that white lane, if you flash am make he stay one side you don vex am be that lol. Nobody dey monitor the traffic/police officials so they choose to take bribe instead.

Police wey go stop person ask for money straight, he no even care if you stole the vehicle.
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by itchie: 6:59am On Oct 29, 2018
Just another opportunity for corrupt cops to milk citizens for cash

1 Like

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by Omeokachie: 7:00am On Oct 29, 2018
Egunje go yapa

This year's Christmas go favour police gaan!

Ladies, if you get boyfriend wey be ekelebe make you hollam well o if im dey work for lagos cheesy
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by pawesome(m): 7:01am On Oct 29, 2018
All this nonsense operation to intimidate the peace loving people and avoid the tough ones... Abegi, Lemme go and get my crew and go for monday clubing

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by EdoPrince93(m): 7:01am On Oct 29, 2018
Nogodye:
Good move but it shouldn't be another avenue to extort the vehicle owner...

unfortunately it is..Lagos and schemes are like bread and butter...

Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:01am On Oct 29, 2018
Iffa hear say Police no check particulars and collect #50 undecided
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by onyxo76(m): 7:09am On Oct 29, 2018
to renew insurance, road worthiness and vehicle licesnce costs about 9000.
9000 x 1 million cars on lagos roads, do the maths.
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by NwaliE01: 7:10am On Oct 29, 2018
Waiting to see a day in my life when police convoy or patrol team would obey traffic in any part of this country. They are the worst road users and yet they are to checkmate others and are expected to bring sanity to our roads.
It will never work. Our Police are in dere need of Mental correction more than the citizens.
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by zoedew: 7:11am On Oct 29, 2018
See the spelling of “mosalachi” as opposed to the Yoruba spelling as “moshalashi”. Meanwhile The Area if Responsibility is Yoruba! Yorubas had better be wary of Hausa/Fulani hegemonistic tendencies. They turned Alawusa into Alausa until Tinubu’s government made deliberate effort to nip that in he bud. It is the stock in trade of the Hausa/Fulani to abuse the hospitality of their hosts and subsequently upstage them- Usman Dan Fodio and his descendants have been at it since Sokoto to Jos North to Southern Kaduna etc. Am in the hope LASG is alert!
Re: Police Begin "Operation Velvet" In Lagos Today. by Worksunlimited: 7:12am On Oct 29, 2018
(1) Thought they said there would be no more check points..

(2) Why are some areas in partnership with the military?

(3) is vehicle inspection our topmost security priority in Lagos right now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogunlewe: Tinubu’s Health Doesn't Matter As Long As He Assembles A Good Cabinet / Judge Orders Immediate Commencement Of Edo Election Vote Recount / Only Buhari’s London Doctors Can Decide When He’ll Come Back – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.