Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Opinion : Why Can't Inec Be Sued For Trying To Field An Unqualified Candidate?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion : Why Can't Inec Be Sued For Trying To Field An Unqualified Candidate?? (311 Views)

Biafra Was An Unqualified Evil In Minority Lands. / Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures / Sorry For Any Party That Fails To Field A Northerner For 2023 Presidency – Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion : Why Can't Inec Be Sued For Trying To Field An Unqualified Candidate?? by DaddyELEPHANT: 2:45pm On Oct 29, 2018
Before the 2015 elections there was a general out cry about a particular candidate of a political party not meeting the required criteria for holding a public office. He went through with the elections then and became the president. Even though alot of Senior Advocate of Nigeria were hired on his behalf to fight his inability to provide a particular certificate.
If the politician is unable to provide his certificate, will it be out of place to sue INEC for accepting an unqualified candidate to contest for a political post?
My question is, if a candidate has refused to provide a physical evidence to justify his qualification yet he is gifted the chance to contest, isn't it possible and appropriate to sue the bodies responsible for such election before it commence?
Re: Opinion : Why Can't Inec Be Sued For Trying To Field An Unqualified Candidate?? by DaddyELEPHANT: 4:23pm On Dec 28, 2020
Why

(1) (Reply)

Governors Call Emergency Meeting For Tuesday To Decide New Minimum Wage / I Emphasise Free And Fair Elections Always, Buhari Tells Canadian Leader / 'buhari And I Are Not In Government To Deceive Nigerians'' Osinbajo Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.