Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

4 Ways To Successfully Self-edit Your Manuscript - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 4 Ways To Successfully Self-edit Your Manuscript (276 Views)

4 Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals Faster As A Nigerian / How To Safeguard Your Manuscript Against Rejection / 5 Tips For Editing Your Manuscript By Paul@lulu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways To Successfully Self-edit Your Manuscript by IssacharProject: 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2018
4 Ways to Successfully Self-Edit Your Manuscript

You’ve finished the first draft of your nonfiction book or an article for a publication. It’s time to hand your manuscript over to an editor, right? Wrong.

Recently, I met a prospective author who was working on her first book. “So,” she asked, “an editor like you can help me fix up my first draft, right?”

On the one hand, she’s right: a part of my job is, indeed, working with authors to help improve their books. On the other hand, this author’s question reveals a common misconception about the editor-author relationship—that the writer finishes their writing and then hands the work over to an editor to make it into something publishable.

Editors provide sound advice and love to work with authors but can help more if the writers take some necessary steps to revise their work before approaching an editor. Simply said, you must self-edit your work first.
Read more at; https://www.issacharprojects.com/4-ways-to-successfully-self-edit-your-manuscript/

(1) (Reply)

Own Your Solar Business. No Investment Needed / Graphic Designer Needed Urgently / Make 50$ Weekly Simply By Submitting Mails!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.