Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Govt. Should Deduct Tithes From Workers' Salaries And Forward To Church - Cleric - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Govt. Should Deduct Tithes From Workers' Salaries And Forward To Church - Cleric (297 Views)

Deduct Tithes Straight From Workers’ Salaries, Archbishop Begs Govt / FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govt. Should Deduct Tithes From Workers' Salaries And Forward To Church - Cleric by Mcoutureankara(f): 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2018
Govt. Should Deduct Tithes From Workers' Salaries And Forward To Church - Cleric
Most Reverend Cyprian Kizito Lwanga, a Catholic Archbishop of Kampala, Uganda, has proposed that the central government deducts 10% from the monthly salaries of workers, and forward the deductions directly to the church.
He stated this at St. Mary’s Cathedral, Rubaga during mass, according to Citizen TV. He said non-payment of tithes affects project development in the church.
His words: "Whenever we ask for tithe, everyone gives only what they have at that time. But the Bible says a tenth of whatever you earn belongs to the church.
Give me your support as I front this proposal because it is good for us. .
Aren’t you tired of putting money in the baskets all the time?” Lwanga said he wanted Uganda to toe the line of Germany, where citizens who are registered as Catholics, Protestants or Jews have a church tax (Kirchensteuer) of 8 to 9% deducted from their annual income. .
The church tax is collected by the government and channeled to the respective faiths.
“I was told Germans make agreements with their government to deduct monthly tithe from their salaries and forward it to the church and this money they use to build and renovate their churches,” he added.

Read more
http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/10/29/17173/

cc Lalasticlala

Re: Govt. Should Deduct Tithes From Workers' Salaries And Forward To Church - Cleric by cooldipo(m): 8:09pm On Oct 29, 2018
Lol

grin grin grin
Re: Govt. Should Deduct Tithes From Workers' Salaries And Forward To Church - Cleric by NOC1(m): 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
This scammers are going digital. The more we wage war against them the more sophisticated they apear.
Re: Govt. Should Deduct Tithes From Workers' Salaries And Forward To Church - Cleric by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2018
Oh no..!!!.....why!!!!!

U just chose to give free food to atheist and daddy freeze followers....
Re: Govt. Should Deduct Tithes From Workers' Salaries And Forward To Church - Cleric by hisgrace090: 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2018
It's graduating to by fire by force level.

Let's watch out for part 2
Re: Govt. Should Deduct Tithes From Workers' Salaries And Forward To Church - Cleric by godfatherx: 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2018
I agree, govt should remove house rent, fuel money, school fees, feeding expenses etc and give directly to the vendors

idiotas!
Re: Govt. Should Deduct Tithes From Workers' Salaries And Forward To Church - Cleric by OriginalKogiboy(m): 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2018
honestly, if it is practicable. i acept my tithe be deducted from source. because i knw it does not belong to me. dont like to b tempted to steal/rob what belong to Him. may God give us understanding.

(1) (Reply)

Sheik Muhammad Ali Jabata Jumat khutbar (Sarmon) (16/11/2018) / In Need Of A Gospel Drama Pls / Five Areas Your Body Needs Deliverance (3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.