Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site (32414 Views)

Lagos-ibadan Railway Construction: Work Commences At Yaba, Lagos (see PHOTOS) / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: The Interior Of The New Trains (Photos) / More Pictures Of The Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by foreshore(m): 7:15am On Oct 30, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Earlier today, the minister of transportation, Rt Hon. Rotimi Amaechi was quoted to say that Nigerians should not just sit to read about constructions site alone, he advised Nigerians to go to the site, take pictures and see things for their selves.

According to him, “In a couple of months, Lagos Ibadan Railway will take off, it will only take you 50 minutes to travel from Ibadan to Lagos and with so much comfort. You can live in Ibadan and work in Lagos or vice versa…”

Well, as a responsible media organization who believe some much in fairness, we decided to link up with an engineer who is part of this project to get us some onsite pictures.

Nigeria had signed a contract with the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation for the construction of the Ibadan to Kaduna rail project, and the minister stated that the government was pushing hard to secure about $6.7bn loan for the project.

Amaechi said, “We’ve signed the contract but we’ve not got the loan. What is key is the loan, which is a bit difficult but we are pushing hard. If we get the loan, then they (CCECC) will start this year, because we are pushing hard. Honestly, it is one of the items I’m putting before the President for consideration.”

AutoReportNG was able to get some real-life pictures.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/10/live-pictures-from-lagos-ibadan-railway.html

[img]https://2.bp..com/-cEWXrEu44ok/W9d7dwDxD-I/AAAAAAAAVdk/HP2_u3U9kXovWByr7d1F9FN1kECBFftcQCEwYBhgL/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_018_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-1t_RG_HawY4/W9d7YrD9A7I/AAAAAAAAVdI/XZNGjCKyFwIat3-VI7VYjSWQ0tUug-XbACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_010_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-qArp2wJOEws/W9d7Ymca2nI/AAAAAAAAVdE/95nOCIbOdLQHcxSmo8ZaMvG5JBoo22VsQCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-iUJRN7vh1fg/W9d7Y2W98yI/AAAAAAAAVdM/-zsGxJNPEWIy6aWJnOS-_s5VwfXyEriSgCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_012_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-Tg3-0vAOC4Y/W9d7bb9KTRI/AAAAAAAAVdU/l-r2GbOUFvMT6Uto76ZvxT9afUlC3TNIACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_013_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-BNn8dXhZ8h4/W9d7dFdtN6I/AAAAAAAAVdg/-Nmjx6mj-807O8tktGRx_gGdYjrSgMEkwCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_017_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-5BnZ7wImGc4/W9d7jogwH2I/AAAAAAAAVeQ/rbqK31X3NCY_rprsO6DWBv15LV0Pi337gCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_029_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Am sure this pictures are not from Nigeria just as they went to steal pictures from Dubai to deceive us about the rice revolution in Kebbi State. APC and lies na like 1&2
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by nurusystem(m): 7:17am On Oct 30, 2018
god we need more Abandoned project to be complete by Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by ofwest47(m): 7:18am On Oct 30, 2018
Sai Baba continue with development of modern Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 30, 2018
dalongjnr:

Don't be an a**s,shey it's Buhari that went to Benue with AK47 that killed all these people? Mass shooting had been happening in USA but no one have ever blamed trump for it rather, they clamor for Gun control. Blame Ortom Samuel, and not the president.
Hey,what are the state governors doing with their security votes? What have the communities done to ensure peace reign in them?, have have u done to stay in peace with your neighbor?
Despite the fact that protection of lives and properties of citizens is one of the major responsible of a government, the citizens have a role to play.
Framers /herdsmen clashes predates this administration and had been happening since the early 60's and became more volatile in the early 2000's and more deadly in 2010 till date. We were hopeful that when this administration came into place they will solved to problem in plateau, nassarraw,Benue, other States, but it's taking longer and a more dangerous dimension. So the government of the day need to sit-up, work harder to tackle the situation, as they have sworn to.
Man,it's easier to blame but difficult to solved problems like these.

When you come online using a Nokia 3310 grin
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by dalongjnr: 7:26am On Oct 30, 2018
PurplePatch:

When you come online using a Nokia 3310 grin
Hahaha.... Thanks but I will not modify my post. Communication has happened and reasonable people have understand.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by Bobbysteps: 7:26am On Oct 30, 2018
jumpandpas:

We cannot be deceived.

This happened under Buhari's government.
it happen more than these under Obasanjo in Benue state, but he did 8years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by arabralph(m): 7:48am On Oct 30, 2018
yahoodotcom:

Has they completed it?
Just imagine
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by AmTruth: 7:49am On Oct 30, 2018
PMB is too much. That is why we say PMB till 2023 even here in the South South.

2 Likes

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by Champele(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2018
Working government. not looters party that mess our money and country up. God bless BUHARI. and punish OBASANJO and Co.

1 Like

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by rhektor(m): 8:31am On Oct 30, 2018
Nemesis001:

You have started with your propagandas again

Show us that 2nd Niger bridge again grin

Ask your hero the drunken sailor to tell you what he did on the second Niger bridge

2 Likes

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by Mbediogu(m): 8:36am On Oct 30, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Nice work guys...

The Yoruba's are preparing for the eventuality. The north is fully prepared. Only my East still needs prayers. Chai!

1 Like

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by spiffyzaki: 8:40am On Oct 30, 2018
oga fashola abeg when u go do our lokoja-okene-auchi-benin road, that road is too bad, abeg take time reason the matter.
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by teepain: 8:44am On Oct 30, 2018
bendike:
Russia is building a more challenging rail line to the arctic but for a fraction of the cost.
$1.7b.
https://www.rt.com/business/442533-gazprom-russian-railways-arctic/

It makes a lot of economic sense that Russia will build a more challenging rail for a fraction of that cost for the following reasons:

1. Most of the raw materials that will be used for this project will be imported while they exist in Russia, so Russians don't have to import

2. We lack the railway engineering expertise in Nigeria hence foreigners (expatriates) will be engaged while Russia has the technical expertise

Those 2 reasons above are sufficient to bring about price differential.

A building engineer can build a duplex for #30 million naira while you (a non-building expert) may build yours for #45 million Naira.

5 Likes

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 30, 2018
Sai baba!

2 Likes

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by Basher8583: 8:56am On Oct 30, 2018
nzeobi:
are these pictures current cos we heard work is over 80% on the project and this doesn't look anywhere near that.

good one, when are they awarding another that will go from Lagos to SS and SE
The day you repent and accept Buhari as your president.
For now the SW and North is Priority first.
5% will take the remnants

3 Likes

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by nzeobi(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2018
Basher8583:
The day you repent and accept Buhari as your president. For now the SW and North is Priority first. 5% will take the remnants
you that accepted buhari as your lord and Savior is your life better than mine?
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by nzeobi(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2018
Basher8583:
The day you repent and accept Buhari as your president. For now the SW and North is Priority first. 5% will take the remnants
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by AutoReportNG: 10:01am On Oct 30, 2018
Nemesis001:

You have started with your propagandas again

Show us that 2nd Niger bridge again grin

I have done my part on the 2nd Niger Bridge, its the mods that refused to bring it to front-page

Tag lalasticlala and mynd44 to bring it to front-page

I am not a mod

2 Likes

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by Basher8583: 10:04am On Oct 30, 2018
nzeobi:

Baba come check am out. I am by far doing better than GEJs era. And you know why
Becos I do honest and bribe free business.
infact the Agriculture busness I ventured in now is like a money spinning business.
You too should try doing honest business rather than wialing like a sore loser

2 Likes

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by holaralph(m): 10:12am On Oct 30, 2018
Basher8583:

Baba come check am out. I am by far doing better than GEJs era. And you know why
Becos I do honest and bribe free business.
infact the Agriculture busness I ventured in now is like a money spinning business.
You too should try doing honest business rather than wialing like a sore loser
@ Basher8583 God bless you jare

2 Likes

Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by bendike: 10:25am On Oct 30, 2018
teepain:

It makes a lot of economic sense that Russia will build a more challenging rail for a fraction of that cost for the following reasons:

1. Most of the raw materials that will be used for this project will be imported while they exist in Russia, so Russians don't have to import

2. We lack the railway engineering expertise in Nigeria hence foreigners (expatriates) will be engaged while Russia has the technical expertise

Those 2 reasons above are sufficient to bring about price differential.

A building engineer can build a duplex for #30 million naira while you (a non-building expert) may build yours for #45 million Naira.
Valid points
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by Kayrich(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2018
[quote author=Benekruku post=72524094]

Your story no sell, Go and play in the rain

The Port Harcourt Airport too right?

Give respect to whom its due[/quote

Don't mind him. If Amaechi couldnt complete the light rail in his 8years, why not Wike concluding it just like pmb doing to all pdp's 16years abandoned project. Don't u know government is continuity.
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by t0bbY(m): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2018
I ve seen some of this construction at a location in ewekoro local govt in ogun state, iyana egbado - itori axis.
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by teepain: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2018
bendike:

Valid points

Thanks sir.
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by hekkyboi: 11:39am On Oct 30, 2018
[quote author=Okoroawusa post=72520216]Nothing will stop me from voting Buhari in 2019[/quote
bia nwanne okoroahusa i know u r from nkwerre bc i know the gworo u dey chop dey affect ur brian. ikpo!
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by hekkyboi: 11:41am On Oct 30, 2018
bia nwanne okoroahusa i know u r from nkwerre bc i know the gworo u dey chop dey affect ur brian. ikpo!
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by hekkyboi: 11:42am On Oct 30, 2018
Okoroawusa:
Nothing will stop me from voting Buhari in 2019
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by 13october: 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2018
nzeobi:
are these pictures current cos we heard work is over 80% on the project and this doesn't look anywhere near that.

good one, when are they awarding another that will go from Lagos to SS and SE
13october
we will award lagos to ss first, to se later you can ask kanu or ipob
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by PedroNascimento: 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2018
smiley
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by chinedumoooo: 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2018
Buhari and infrastructure are like like and six in words.
Re: Live Pictures From Lagos-Ibadan Railway Construction Site by AnuliKay: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2018
It really looks great. I hope it is finished before the elections.

Africa Country Manager

Job Description: Our client seeks a Country Manager to support an existing academic endeavor and explore further opportunities in Nigeria. The position will likely be based in Abuja with frequent trips to surrounding Northern Nigerian states.

Our client consists of a global network of academics who specialize in conducting randomized evaluations of social policies/programmes to generate scientific evidence about what works in the fight against poverty. The organisations policy group analyses and disseminates research results and builds partnerships with policymakers to ensure that policy is driven by evidence, and effective programmes are scaled up.

Apply: https://lawjobsportal.com/job/africa-country-manager/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Passenger With No Flying Experience Landed A Plane At A Florida Airport / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) / Two Ghanaians Arrested In Amsterdam For Pounding Fufu In Their Flat On 7th Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.