Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker (37523 Views)

The Roasted Chicken I Bought For N2,500 / Step By Step Method Of Preparing Egg Soup In 15mins / How Healthy Is Bole ( Roasted Plantain & Fish) Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by armzyville(m): 7:25am On Nov 03, 2018
OkoyeA1:
Armzyville wey my own
lol...howcan u get it...
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by armzyville(m): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2018
[qquote author=GreyBlood post=72639814]Will this work with the unripe one? [/quote]yes
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by Teaser4(m): 7:33am On Nov 03, 2018
Cholls:
my brother I just dey laugh that Anambra guy...Bole ko bola ni
bro no mind am jare...
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by madapcmod: 7:35am On Nov 03, 2018
Cholls:
my brother I just dey laugh that Anambra guy...Bole ko bola ni

Tribalistic thing. Where on earth did the guy claim to be from Anambra? Abi Anambra ppl tell you say they eat boli or whatever u call roasted plantain? Borrow sense

3 Likes

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by scave(m): 7:38am On Nov 03, 2018
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by dragunov: 7:45am On Nov 03, 2018
armzyville:
Have you ever tried preparing bole (roasted plantain) at home but end up with a futile result.

All that will be in the past now as I share with you a very easy method of having your roasted plantain well grilled using a gas cooker or kerosene stove.

1. Firstly peel out the unwanted part of the plantain using a knife.

2. place a frying pan on a gas cooker or stove. Make sure the intensity of the fire is not much.

3. Wrap the already peeled plantain in a foil.

3. After about 10-15 minutes, take off the plantatian from your gas cooker and remove the foil wrap from it.

Boom your Bole is ready, waiting to be crushed with your freshly prepared sauce as this below.

https://armzyville..com/2018/10/ease-of-making-bole-roasted-plantain.html?m=1
It is not bole, it's called booli. Capische? That is how one punk was calling ponmo kpomo. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by okeniti: 7:46am On Nov 03, 2018
Op, may you have a fantastic end to the year. Thanks for this.

2 Likes

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by Gunnax(m): 7:47am On Nov 03, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Bole and groundnut... Yumyum
Lols ure used to hard food
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 03, 2018
This one isn't bole to me. Have you eaten bole from my city? PH. The pepper sauce is special with roated fish, yam or plantain.

5 Likes

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 03, 2018
Hotfreezer:
For those of you who would burn your houses while trying this, sorry in advance.

Using LPG with aluminium and pot. Okay o.

Its here on Nairaland we'll read your story.

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by DAntivirus: 7:53am On Nov 03, 2018
tabithababy:
kiss kiss
This your smile
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by olajide21: 7:58am On Nov 03, 2018
[quote author=armzyville post=72521828]Have you ever tried preparing bole (roasted plantain) at home but end up with a futile result.

All that will be in the past now as I share with you a very easy method of having your roasted plantain well grilled using a gas cooker or kerosene stove.

2. place a frying pan on a gas cooker or stove. Make sure the intensity of the fire is not much.

3. After about 10-15 minutes, take off the plantatian from your gas cooker and remove the foil wrap

Your own go better well well
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by Lomprico2: 8:02am On Nov 03, 2018
armzyville:
Have you ever tried preparing bole (roasted plantain) at home but end up with a futile result.

3. After about 10-15 minutes, take off the plantatian from your gas cooker and remove the foil wrap from it.

Boom your Bole is ready, waiting to be crushed with your freshly prepared sauce as this below.

So u go about scavenging people's posts on facebook and put on your blog?? You better give credit to the person who originally posted this. She is my friend on facebook!

And yes we all dey PH. angry
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by femi4: 8:08am On Nov 03, 2018
Cancer loading...a chemical reaction occurs between the foil and the plantain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by AdemolaA2: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2018
Can this be done with microwave oven ?
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by henrygale(m): 8:11am On Nov 03, 2018
Hotfreezer:
For those of you who would burn your houses while trying this, sorry in advance.

All na in the spirit of boli! grin dem go boli the house join! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by uchennamani(m): 8:18am On Nov 03, 2018
armzyville:

Nice. It is roast plantain, not roasted. Roast here is the adjective and it qualifies the noun 'plantain'.
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by winterberry: 8:27am On Nov 03, 2018
Teaser4:
I prefer road side boli any day.... its boli not bole.... bole KO bode ni
The correct name is BOLI, yet some easterners beg to differ and claim it is BOLE instead, which to me has got all shades of wrong!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by olalat(m): 8:28am On Nov 03, 2018
armzyville:

oga op, its not 'BOLE' as you wrote up there, its 'BOLI' don't spoil this language for us abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by kunle75(m): 8:41am On Nov 03, 2018
O P this is educative and interesting to try out at home but you did not state the degree of heat required to give us this beautiful result or maybe am missing something ni.
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by wink2015(m): 8:49am On Nov 03, 2018
armzyville:

Nice Share!

But the only minus here is those little chunks of the plantain which you wasted in a desperate means to get heat to enter the plantain.

I will give it a try as I like roast plantain (boli ) Infact, it goes well with groundnut and or oil sauce.

But can this experiment be tried also with black plantain or show ripe plantain?

Or it works for only ripe plantain?

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by armzyville(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2018
You are welcome
okeniti:
Op, may you have a fantastic end to the year. Thanks for this.
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by armzyville(m): 8:56am On Nov 03, 2018
uchennamani:
Nice. It is roast plantain, not roasted. Roast here is the adjective and it qualifies the noun 'plantain'.
thanks for the correction English student.
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by armzyville(m): 8:57am On Nov 03, 2018
AdemolaA2:
Can this be done with microwave oven ?
yes it can..
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by Lankybaby(f): 9:01am On Nov 03, 2018
Hotfreezer:

please do shed more light on it.... I need to learn
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by ugolinze123(m): 9:05am On Nov 03, 2018
This is good

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by AdemolaA2: 9:16am On Nov 03, 2018
armzyville:
yes it can..

Ok then .. would give it a shot someday ...thanks for sharing anyway ...

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by delpee(f): 9:26am On Nov 03, 2018
Please roast plainly in the oven. It's not healthy to roast/cook with aluminium foil. Same reason why you're advised to use leaves instead of aluminium foil for moinmoin.
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by santicruz: 9:33am On Nov 03, 2018
Chaii, no more buying useless road side bole
Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by delpee(f): 9:40am On Nov 03, 2018
Nasir123:
Nice one.

OP,
Hope the Foil is not adding any dangerous chemical to the Plantain o?

It may. There's a limit to the level of aluminium intake our bodies can cope with. We take in enough from our pots. Just google up on aluminium and aluminium foil.

1 Like

Re: Ease Of Preparing Bole (Roasted Plantain) Using Gas Cooker by romeorailss: 9:53am On Nov 03, 2018
fkj950ax:
It's spelt Boli
And it looks good.
May have it tried out one day

Southeast n southsouth guys call it Bole

While we in the southwest call it Boli

cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Doing An Advert That Tempted Her To Break Her Fast / 20 Of The World's Best, Mouthwatering Soups. Banga Soup Is No 1 (Photos) / As Usual. White Rice With Vegetable Stew. No Time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.