Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? (13541 Views)

SOLD ITEM / Need Any Item On Rockauto.com? Get In Here! / Parts In Regular Cars You Won't Find In Electric Car's Maintenance/Repair Lists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 4:12am On Oct 30, 2018
What maintenance item do you know is due or should be done that you're prosctinatinting on?

Examples, CEL is on, oil change reminder was on since last month, left shocks are gone, etc

Mine is I need to change thermostat housing on Kurupe. Again. I cheated out previously and used an aftermarket instead of factory. It's such a pain in the a$$ job but will eventually need to be done.

1 Like

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Eddee(m): 7:06am On Oct 30, 2018
New tires, the current ones have seen better days. The tread wear indicator bars are getting visible every single day. Hope to fix that this evening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by nurey(m): 7:10am On Oct 30, 2018
mine is a new car.
Yes I am dead serious

9 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:26am On Oct 30, 2018
Rear bushings are bad. Mostly annoying because I discovered just after changing my front bushings, urgh. I'll face that one later, don't have time for it now.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:38am On Oct 30, 2018
HeavenlyBang:
Rear bushings are bad. Mostly annoying because I discovered just after changing my front bushings, urgh. I'll face that one later, don't have time for it now.

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:43am On Oct 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Ouch. My case won't get that bad they're just rubbing and making that annoying, annoying squeaking sound when going over bumps.

1 Like

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:47am On Oct 30, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Ouch. My case won't get that bad they're just rubbing and making that annoying, annoying squeaking sound when going over bumps.

its a joint issue. Not a bushing

3 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

its a joint issue. Not a bushing

Huh. I'll get it checked out properly this weekend. Thanks! wink
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 30, 2018
There's a saying to always leave one problem unfixed in ur car, because the moment u fix it another problem will arise. Works for me.

20 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Rumplesteelskin: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2018
greenhulk:
There's a saying to always leave one problem unfixed in ur car, because the moment u fix it another problem will arise. Works for me.

It seems so.

The issues I'm postponing with my car is oxygen sensor and shaft, can't turn in peace again and car now consumes 2k fuel with just 20 miles waka.

Hopefully, these will be addressed this weekend.

2 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by waledeji(m): 9:45am On Oct 30, 2018
My engine shorts oil and am confused because the engine still dey move fast like kilode, Mazda 6
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2018
greenhulk:

This. This so much. grin
As long as it isn't something that's detrimental to your engine's performance. I wouldn't leave bad cats or 02 sensors unattended to, for instance.

Also wouldn't ignore brakes or tires, I don't want to die yet.

6 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:59am On Oct 30, 2018
Rumplesteelskin:

It seems so.

The issues I'm postponing with my car is oxygen sensor and shaft, can't turn in peace again and car now consumes 2k fuel with just 20 miles waka.

Hopefully, these will be addressed this weekend.

Ouch, that's awful. I get about 55 miles. angry

waledeji:
My engine shorts oil and am confused because the engine still dey move fast like kilode, Mazda 6

Was it always like that?
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 30, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

This. This so much. grin
As long as it isn't something that's detrimental to your engine's performance. I wouldn't leave bad cats or 02 sensors unattended to, for instance.

Also wouldn't ignore brakes or tires, I don't want to die yet.

Habha bro nobody want die oh. There are issues that cannot be ignored like brakes, shaft, ball joints (Honda users). In short whatever affects the drivability and safety of the car I don't leave unattended to even 03 sensors. I just hate to see that check engine light come on. But I will leave that worn out bushing or one weakened shock or dent for later things.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:05am On Oct 30, 2018
greenhulk:

Habha bro nobody want die oh. There are issues that cannot be ignored like brakes, shaft, ball joints (Honda users). In short whatever affects the drivability and safety of the car I don't leave unattended to even 03 sensors. I just hate to see that check engine light come on. But I will leave that worn out bushing or one weakened shock or dent for later things.

Exactly.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by diportivo: 11:49am On Oct 30, 2018
TPS

started misbehaving so I removed the wire

cel is permanently on now and dats the only code coming up

once in a while car stalls seriously and refuses to revv

I just put on hazard,chook scanner inside the port and clear

waka continues niyen undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
diportivo:
TPS

I throw a code too but I have ScanGauge 2, a hard wired OBD2 computer. So I just clear it because it goes into limp mode. I’m only getting up to 190 degrees instead of 225 degrees. I know that’s killing my MPG.

I’m just not motivated to wrench right now �
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
diportivo:
TPS

Open up the TPS, clean out the corrosion, adjust the contacts close and seal up with sylicone. (Since you no wan go ladipo)

2 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by thebigkendo(m): 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
-No catalytic converter angry (No P0420 code).. If you know you know grin grin grin
-[s]A/C compressor : The kind heat weh dey dis days enh[/s] Fixed grin cheesy
-ECT2 sensor: Bless Honda for using 2 sensors for cooling fan control, GAZZUZZ am still coming oh
-Bushings: I blame Gov Ambode for this
-Oil pan gasket leak
-[s]Oil change: I already bought new oil & filter but no time to do the oil change[/s] Done grin
-P0706-Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Range/Performance : Seasonal, Rainy season something, I still blame Gov Ambode.

Modified

2 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 30, 2018
I have this stupid low washer fluid coming on my dash, Canadian Acura (US versions never have the low washer fluid light ). The light is so annoying as it covers up the whole trip computer screen and makes some annoying sound when the light comes on. Light stays on even when washer fluid is full, the sensor is bad. One day I just vex remove tire and the fender liner, found my way to the sensor and pulled out the socket. Light disappeared.

3 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2018
thebigkendo:
-No catalytic converter angry (No P0420 code).. If you know you know grin grin grin
-A/C compressor : The kind heat weh dey dis days enh sad sad
-ECT2 sensor: Bless Honda for using 2 sensors for cooling fan control, GA.ZZUZZ am still coming oh
-Bushings: I blame Gov Ambode for this
-Oil pan gasket leak
-Oil change: I already bought new oil & filter but no time to do the oil change angry
- P0706-Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Range/Performance : Seasonal, Rainy season something, I still blame Gov Ambode.

No come again angry

6 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by thebigkendo(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

No come again angry

Hahahaha Boss Boss..Uber/taxify no dey come our side grin grin grin.. So no delivery option
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by ichidodo: 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
Last two weeks I crushed my clutch plate of one year to pieces (Don't blame me the bugger was on its last legs and I just love fiddling with my manual gear stick and clutch pedal far much more than my steering wheel during drives)....So last week my brakes were off and master cylinder due for replacement but decided to stretch its lifespan via excessive bleedings until the time I almost collided with a stationary tipper.....This Week...My shock absorber springs snapped in half,dont ask,long story. So to protect my 40 plus grand investment in tyres..there was no stretching or any crazy schemes whatsoever...out came the broken shocks and in went Belgium shocks....Not forgetting replacing my old dilapidated and worn out since September tirerods for Belgium stock not for anything but I was offered an irresistible deal concerning that spare part at Pantaker (almost brand new tire rods for almost nothing,really).Now my eyes are on this pesky failing engine mount... Hopefully it holds out till December.Who knows? We just might get lucky again.

1 Like

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by cluewebhost(m): 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2018
ichidodo:
Last two weeks I crushed my clutch plate of one year to pieces (Don't blame me the bugger was on its last legs and I just love fiddling with my manual gear stick and clutch pedal far much more than my steering wheel during drives)....So last week my brakes were off and master cylinder due for replacement but decided to stretch its lifespan via excessive bleedings until the time I almost collided with a stationary tipper.....This Week...My shock absorber springs snapped in half,dont ask,long story. So to protect my 40 plus grand investment in tyres..there was no stretching or any crazy schemes whatsoever...out came the broken shocks and in went Belgium shocks....Not forgetting replacing my old dilapidated and worn out since September tirerods for Belgium stock not for anything but I was offered an irresistible deal concerning that spare part at Pantaker (almost brand new tire rods for almost nothing,really).Now my eyes are on this pesky failing engine mount... Hopefully it holds out till December.Who knows? We just might get lucky again.

This motor
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

No come again angry

Pardon him. Na small boy dry do am.

Forgive him. He know his offence already. grin

1 Like

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by banky3w(m): 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
ichidodo:
Am I hearing Kaduna ladipo here?
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by dasphinx1(m): 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2018
Well, mine is oil change and front shocks change (2000 babyboy, i4). Na lack of money cause am o. Had to reduce my drive hours to evening drive only. The car no de even commot my Area sef. Currently using Iya Dasphinx1's highlander for my day time hustle. God sha answer my calls, Amen.

6 Likes

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
This thread reminded me of an 80s 528e I used to have.

Stock straight a$$ body with pristine interior, dash as good as new.

The kicker was it started using oil by burning it. 1 quart a week was manageable but when it got to 3 quarts a week I had to draw the line and rebuild the head.

My name is EgunMogaji and I’ve been a naughty boy grin

1 Like

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
TheCar:

Pardon him. Na small boy dry do am.

Forgive him. He know his offence already. grin

Because of you, I will forgive him.......

1 Like

Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by homeboy205: 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
I need the heater sensor on the exhaust of 2002 Toyota Camry .. it's the only thing throwing check engine light for me... I reside in Ibadan can't find one in gate
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2018
homeboy205:
I need the heater sensor on the exhaust of 2002 Toyota Camry .. it's the only thing throwing check engine light for me... I reside in Ibadan can't find one in gate

RadAuto should have that. I think I might have a new spare Bosch at Elebu. Will have to look through pics.
Re: What Maintenance Item Are You Postponing? by homeboy205: 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
EgunMogaji:

RadAuto should have that. I think I might have a new spare Bosch at Elebu. Will have to look through pics.

Help me confirm I beg I will gladly drive down there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Signs Of A Defective Spark Plug In Your Car / Top 10 Most Valuable Auto Brands Of 2017 / 8 Signs Your Timing Belt Needs To Be Replaced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.