Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

BREAKING: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend ATM Maintenance Charges - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / BREAKING: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend ATM Maintenance Charges (364 Views)

A White Lady Captured Falling Asleep While Taking Customers’ Orders(pics,vid) / Reps Wants CBN To Sanction Banks Casualizing Staff / BREAKING: Senate Ask MOUAU VC, Otunta To Recall Sacked Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend ATM Maintenance Charges by akachianyim: 9:17am On Oct 30, 2018
Senate Orders CBN To Suspend ATM Maintenance Charges, Increase Withdrawal To N40,000
The Nigerian senate on Wednesday, October 17, directed the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to inform all commercial banks in the country to increase the maximum amount customers can withdraw from automated teller machines (ATMs) to N40,000 per transaction.
Presently, the maximum withdrawal is N20,000.
The senate also asked the apex bank to suspend ATM card maintenance fees.
The upper legislative chamber directed its committees on banking and finance to conduct an investigation into the propriety of ATM card maintenance charges and to also invite Godwin Emefiele, governor of CBN, to explain why the charges are allegedly skewed in favour of the banks.
This was after a motion on “illicit and excessive charges by Nigerian banks in customers accounts” was raised by Senator Gbenga Ashafa during the plenary session on Wednesday.
While moving the motion, Ashafa said the CBN is becoming “insensitive” to the plight of Nigerians.
Contributing to the debate on the motion, Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, said the numerous charges by the banks are unacceptable.
“If we have institutions in Nigeria, they should make sure to do their jobs to protect Nigerians,” Ekweremadu said.
“Banks should have recognisable charges to let customers know what they are up against.”
The motion was adopted by the senate after it was put to a voice vote by the Senate President Bukola Saraki.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend ATM Maintenance Charges by Clakyvip: 9:19am On Oct 30, 2018
Source?
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend ATM Maintenance Charges by donbachi(m): 9:26am On Oct 30, 2018
no be sey dem dey rub am oil or pour am water or clean am everyday...my card dey with me rite na inside my wallet..how dem dey take maintain am,i no know...ehn!card wey i pay 4...so annoying.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend ATM Maintenance Charges by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 30, 2018
I have nothing to say lipsrsealed
Re: BREAKING: Senate Orders CBN To Suspend ATM Maintenance Charges by MexxIT(m): 9:51am On Oct 30, 2018
How many times have dey asked banks to stop most of these charges. U will open an account with ur own money, dey'll charge U for "maintaining" ur account, "maintaining" ur atm, charge U for sending u sms of ur transactions despite using ur money to give ppl loans and collect interests.. Nigerian banks no b am

(1) (Reply)

KPMG Assesment Questions / PTDF Overseas Postgraduate (m.sc & Ph.d) Scholarship 2019/2020 For Nigerians / I Am Just Confuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.