Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,681 members, 7,851,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

Peter Obi Responds To Vice-president Yemi Osinbajo’s Shaku Shaku Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Responds To Vice-president Yemi Osinbajo’s Shaku Shaku Comment (311 Views)

Saraki Dances Shaku Shaku, Removes Cap, Shows Street Credibility In Ilorin / Dolapo Osinbajo Reacts To Vice President’s Helicopter Crash / Fayose Shows Off His "Shaku Shaku" Dancing Skills At His Daughter's Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Responds To Vice-president Yemi Osinbajo’s Shaku Shaku Comment by Rickyrick: 10:07am On Oct 30, 2018

Vice-President of Nigeria, Yemi Osinbajo, yesterday said he was learning the Shaku Shaku dance step ahead of the 2019 general election and since then he has been receiving people’s opinion on it.

Peter Obi, the running mate to Atiku Abubakar, in the 2019 presidential election has joined the bandwagon of people commenting on the statement. He said the country’s leaders should be more focused on moving the nation forward and not learning how to dance Shaku Shaku.

He said in his statement to journalists:

“I have not had the opportunity of reading his comments as I haven’t seen the dailies. I know Vice-President Osibanjo is a gentleman and may not have made such a comment.

"However, while I am not against people dancing or learning how to dance ‘Shaku Shaku’, as I believe it is one of those things that is keeping our people going on in this very difficult times, I believe that the crossroads that we have found ourselves in as a nation requires sober reflection.

"For me in particular, this period calls for sober reflection not dancing or learning how to dance as there are many challenges facing our nation at the moment. Not the least being recently having our country named the world headquarters of extreme poverty with over eighty seven million people. Worse still millions more are losing their jobs, with four million by the third quarter of this year alone.

"Millions of Nigerians go to bed hungry not knowing where the meal for the next day will come from, hundreds of thousands risk death by crossing the Sahara and the Mediterranean Sea to wherever they can make a living.

"These and other challenges are indicative of the dire straits facing us as a nation today. And these are what we on the Atiku team are spending our time with the best minds on how to start creating jobs and putting food on people’s table. We must get Nigeria to start working again for the good of everyone.”
Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2018/10/30/peter-obi-responds-to-vice-president-yemi-osinbajos-shaku-shaku-comment/

Re: Peter Obi Responds To Vice-president Yemi Osinbajo’s Shaku Shaku Comment by Ovamboland(m): 10:15am On Oct 30, 2018
Stop pretending Mr Peter, while you were governor the number of poor in Nigeria exceeded 100 million a sizable number resident in your state, how many did you lift out of poverty by your policies?

We became number one because other countries with large poor population are doing more faster than we are doing to lift the poor, it's not as as if more Nigerians slipped in to poverty in the last few years.

(1) (Reply)

APC Has Lost 5 Million Votes because of Oshiomhole - Okorocha / We Dont Issue Certificates Twice WAEC Says Regarding Buhar Certificates / 21-year-old Boy Strangles Mother To Death, Makes Love To Her Corpse In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.