Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Build The Economy, Leave Shaku Shaku Dance – Peter Obi Tells Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Build The Economy, Leave Shaku Shaku Dance – Peter Obi Tells Osinbajo (349 Views)

Stop Being Heartless, Fix The Economy, Leave Business Owners Alone – Obi To FG / Saraki Dances Shaku Shaku, Removes Cap, Shows Street Credibility In Ilorin / Osinbajo: We Are Learning ‘Shaku Shaku’ Dance Steps For Our Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Build The Economy, Leave Shaku Shaku Dance – Peter Obi Tells Osinbajo by Lilmusbibabanla(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2018
The Vice-Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Peter Obi has told Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo to focus on building Nigeria’s economy.
The Cable reports that Obi said this at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja on his return from Dubai on Monday, October 29, 2018.

Osinbajo, on Sunday, October 28, 2018, jokingly said that he was learning the Shaku Shaku dance steps ahead of the campaigns for the 2019 general elections, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

The Vice-President made the comment at a book launch in Abuja.

Sober reflection
Obi said the period calls for sober reflection, and learning how to dance is the least of the problems facing Nigeria.

“I have not had the opportunity of reading his comments as I haven’t seen the dailies. I know Vice-President Osibanjo is a gentleman and may not have made such a comment.

“However, while I am not against people dancing or learning how to dance ‘Shaku Shaku’, as I believe it is one of those things that is keeping our people going on in this very difficult times, I believe that the crossroads that we have found ourselves in as a nation requires sober reflection.

“For me in particular, this period calls for sober reflection not dancing or learning how to dance as there are many challenges facing our nation at the moment. Not the least being recently having our country named the world headquarters of extreme poverty with over eighty-seven million people. Worse still millions more are losing their jobs, with four million by the third quarter of this year alone.

“Millions of Nigerians go to bed hungry not knowing where the meal for the next day will come from, hundreds of thousands risk death by crossing the Sahara and the Mediterranean Sea to wherever they can make a living.

“These and other challenges are indicative of the dire straits facing us as a nation today. And these are what we on the Atiku team are spending our time with the best minds on how to start creating jobs and putting food on people’s table. We must get Nigeria to start working again for the good of everyone.”

According to the Urban Dictionary, Shaku Shaku is a style of dance in Nigeria that involves rhythmic movement of the legs in a side to side leg-over fashion while the hand could gyrate in any manner but mostly crossed forward like its clipped in a handcuff.

https://www.24hoursnews.com.ng/build-the-economy-leave-shaku-shaku-dance-peter-obi-tells-osinbajo/
Re: Build The Economy, Leave Shaku Shaku Dance – Peter Obi Tells Osinbajo by xtgozie(m): 10:54am On Oct 30, 2018
Dancing of 3 years plus, of APC's failure
Re: Build The Economy, Leave Shaku Shaku Dance – Peter Obi Tells Osinbajo by Derawiz(m): 11:11am On Oct 30, 2018
How a government be so foolish and this clue lees??
You have failed Nigerians for three and a half years,instead of them to go back to the drawing board and see how woefully they've come short of the citizen's expectations, they're ready to spend the remaining 5 months learning " shaku shaku"
This just underlines how bereft of knowledge this administration is
Re: Build The Economy, Leave Shaku Shaku Dance – Peter Obi Tells Osinbajo by gentlegenius(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2018
grin

(1) (Reply)

I Wish We Had Fixed Infrastructure When We Had Money – Buhari / TINUBU: APC Is Not Moved With Atiku's Meeting In Dubai; Opposes Call For Oshiomo / BREAKING: WAEC Presents School Certificate To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.