Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License (10522 Views)

Policemen Forget Phone In Student’s Car After Extorting Him Of N150K In Rivers / Soldier Rescues Man In Benin, As SARS Tried Extorting Him For Having Dreadlocks / Man Accuses Policeman Of Extorting N40,000 From Him With Evidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
A Twitter user @T_Homegas, took to the platform to accuse the police of extorting him of 80K in Lekki Phase 1 area of Lagos last night, for not having his driver's license.

According to the US based Twitter user, he was dragged to the ATM by the police who forced him to part ways with 80K.  His tweet reads;

https://lailasnews.com/twitter-user-accuses-police-of-extorting-him-of-80k-over-drivers-license/

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by Olalan(m): 1:36pm On Oct 30, 2018
Twitter and lies or isn't it the same police you give 5k and they hail you like a chairman, if it's true they collected over 50k from him it's definitely not for not having his drivers licence.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by Oyiboman69: 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
a you a yahoo boy?

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by NwaAmaikpe: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
shocked

I'm trying to believe this but no I'm not buying another fable this year.

Egbon, I stand to be corrected.
No policeman is all of Nigeria will extort you 80k for not being in possession of a driver's licence.
No way!

While you are tired of Nigeria.
Nigerians are tired of Twitter liars like you.
Oloshi mkpi!

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by RanayP(m): 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
SARS

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by BruncleZuma: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by Putgod1st: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
Olalan:
Twitter and lies or isn't it the same police you give 5k and they hail you like a chairman, if it's true they collected over 50k from him it's definitely not for not having his drivers licence.

I swear everyone comes up with stories to trend and gain temporary clout
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by Sweetcollins: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
Direct or circumstantial evidence
Or
I donbeliev it!!!
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by blowjob: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI..

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2018
This handsome man gave police "80k" for drivers license shocked
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by billionman: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2018
Incomplete story
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by gurunlocker: 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2018
How much is driving + license for those stupid officers to take 80k?
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by jaxxy(m): 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2018
The police is the most corrupt organization after nnpc

I was extorted of 20k at lekki cos I didn’t hv a tint permit for a factory tinted glass after much argument. I was in a serious hurry and they wanted to delay me. We even became frnds oddly. My ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by kinibigdeal(m): 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2018
Mouth Gig:

4 Likes

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by SarkinYarki: 2:23pm On Oct 30, 2018
Mouth Gig:

God punish Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by maxiuc(m): 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2018
wink cheesy

Lie ooooo

Maybe they were armed robbers he mistook them as police

No police will exort you that much for drivers license

Na 1k or 5h I dey give them they free me sharply

I suspect he was running his mouth about then he mistakenly awake the devil in that their black uniform

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by latsy: 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2018
You are tired of this country?
You could have been shot for the sake offense in the US.
I hope you are a legal american resident or Trump will end up sending you back.
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by segahaloh: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2018
Police ehn
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by AntiWailer: 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
liar

He knows his audience are dumb and stupid.
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by stagger: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2018
You could have been shot for driving a stolen vehicle in the US.
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by Josh44s(m): 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2018
Olalan:

He ain’t lying bro. Police nova hold you night once. At night they are daredevils and not the regular police you and I know in daylight.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by Nobody: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2018
80k on top driving license. Abah
Oga fear god na
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by CaptainFM1: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2018
This is pure robbery Nigerian Police and other agencies have resorted to. I still strongly disagree with them that you need to carry your drivers licence around in this day and age that technology can simply be used to crosscheck your details.

All they need to do is to have an electronic means where you can simply tell them your name and and maybe DOB and authenticity of your licence can be established right from the FRSC porter. The onus of proofing that one has a valid licence whilst already on the road should not be from the driver.

All these agencies are archaic for my liking. Well their mode of operation is old-fashioned.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by tunlade02: 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
Oga, you are not kind with this your story. No police will take 80k from you for not having a driving license. Even if they demand for such an amount, I doubt if you can afford such amount.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by dominique(f): 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
Either he was accosted by armed robbers disguised as policemen or he's telling a bare faced lie

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by donchrisville: 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2018
Wrong even in the united states they still ask for licence and registration before verification. You dont expect everyone to have their Licence number by heart, which is the unique identifier. Unlike your name that a million people can bare.
Back to the twitter user...his story reeks of lies
CaptainFM1:
This is pure robbery Nigerian Police and other agencies have resorted to. I still strongly disagree with them that you need to carry your drivers licence around in this day and age that technology can simply be used to crosscheck your details.

All they need to do is to have an electronic means where you can simply tell them your name and and maybe DOB and authenticity of your licence can be established right from the FRSC porter. The onus of proofing that one has a valid licence whilst already on the road should not be from the driver.

All these agencies are archaic for my liking. Well their mode of operation is old-fashioned.
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by dykedarlyn(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
Linus mba
Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by InvertedHammer: 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
Olalan:
/
N5k to police?

N500 will get you the same level of "hailing".

People need to fine-tune their haggling skills.

/

4 Likes

Re: Twitter User Accuses Police Of Extorting Him Of 80k Over Driver's License by ipobarethieves: 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2018
sad Niagra Police FORCE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My EFCC Experience (I Almost Got Extradicted To The USA) / 14 Nestoil Staff Kidnapped In Rivers State / How To Steal A Fowl This Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.