Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,855 members, 7,841,224 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone (44593 Views)

What Offence Did a Student Who Approached His Female Lecturer For love Commit? / Nigerian Student Shows The Bottle Of Wine His Lecturer Gifted His Team In France / Auchi Poly Student Fights Lecturer For Not Allowing Her Write Exam (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by kristian98(m): 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2018
hisexcellency34:
It can only happen in Afe University...glorified Afonja nursery school

I doubt if your university is any better than ABUAD. that's if you're even in the University sef. Mtchew
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
What a pity. Student sorry for being born into the wrong country.

Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
hmm na them get job for naija pass, all these glorified secondary school
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by drehdinho(m): 6:23am On Oct 31, 2018
Shikena:
1.) Seizing his phone is an invasion of his privacy. If using phone is against school regulation he should be reported for investigation and handed the full measure of appropriate disciplinary action. You cannot seize his phone.
2.) Both lecturer and student should face investigation for fighting. The lecturer's penalty should be much higher. He should know better.

Just out of the blue like that? Which book of law states your 1st rule?

If in that case a lecture was ongoing and the boy was using the phone to see a movie thereby disturbing and distracting the attention of other members of the class, including the lecturer, I see no reason why the lecturer can't control his class by seizing such a student's phone.

Besides, it's for a temporary period. It's not as if the lecturer wants to beat him- an act which will be branded as unethical and unprofessional.

What many don't know is: education is not primarily about sitting in classes before lecturers to receive lectures, discipline, tolerance, and comportment are part of what students must learn in the course of their training.

The student in question probably lacked a home training for not recognizing the fact that an elderly person deserves some basic respects.

Even when everything about Africa flows from the Western world, it doesn't mean we shouldn't make our behavior to be in conformity with the basic custom of the land.
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by Sardauna24(m): 8:15am On Oct 31, 2018
HigherEd:
At least i still remember the case of the unilag lecturer whipping his students with cane. So gerrarahia.

And what is Afe101? What course is that? Don't tell me you ABUAD folks study Afe Babalola as a course grin that would be beyond ridiculous.

And why is the class looking like a shrine A university classroom should be very bright, well lit - That hall alone can make me fail a course. No wonder they are fighting. If that is Alfa Belgore hall then it needs a complete interior decor makeover.

Lastly, the lecturer should be suspended, likewise the student.
Lalasticlala
Hahahaha
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by 0monnak0da: 9:23am On Oct 31, 2018
drehdinho:

Just out of the blue like that? Which book of law states your 1st rule?

If in that case a lecture was ongoing and the boy was using the phone to see a movie thereby disturbing and distracting the attention of other members of the class, including the lecturer, I see no reason why the lecturer can't control his class by seizing such a student's phone.

Besides, it's for a temporary period. It's not as if the lecturer wants to beat him- an act which will be branded as unethical and unprofessional.

What many don't know is: education is not primarily about sitting in classes before lecturers to receive lectures, discipline, tolerance, and comportment are part of what students must learn in the course of their training.

The student in question probably lacked a home training for not recognizing the fact that an elderly person deserves some basic respects.

Even when everything about Africa flows from the Western world, it doesn't mean we shouldn't make our behavior to be in conformity with the basic custom of the land.

I can see you are practising English.
University students are adults not children that is the fundamental principle . If people use phones in a church in breach of regulation then they can be asked to leave and if they refuse the security should be called to remove them and if necessary they are banned. The pastor is not security and should restrict himself to his function. Seizing the phone does not come into the equation anywhere. If it does that is for those who are trained in the use of force i.e. security personnel not the pastor.
That same principle applies in ANY ADULT GATHERING. Whether university, church,the Senate, conference or an aeroplane about to take off etc
If a passenger disobeyed instructions it is not for the air hostesses to wrestle him
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by 0monnak0da: 9:33am On Oct 31, 2018
The solution is VERY simple.
Make clear rules with clear punishments and publish widely.
Hit offenders with sanctions like
Cash fines,
Mark deductions
Suspension
Expulsion

No need to wrestle. When Serena Williams misbehaved did the umpire go and wrestle with her?

For a first offence all that was needed is note the student's name and send them a written warning with a clear statement of what would happen if the problem repeats itself.
If it cannot wait get security to remove him.
No need to get physical
It is a shame we do not have a rule of law culture.
That why police and LASTMA wrestle drivers to seize car keys or "arrest" vehicles. This mentality is clear in the posts above.
When there is rule of law there is order. Punishment is clear and inevitable.
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by drehdinho(m): 6:25am On Nov 02, 2018
0monnak0da:

I can see you are practising English.
University students are adults not children that is the fundamental principle . If people use phones in a church in breach of regulation then they can be asked to leave and if they refuse the security should be called to remove them and if necessary they are banned. The pastor is not security and should restrict himself to his function. Seizing the phone does not come into the equation anywhere. If it does that is for those who are trained in the use of force i.e. security personnel not the pastor.
That same principle applies in ANY ADULT GATHERING. Whether university, church,the Senate, conference or an aeroplane about to take off etc
If a passenger disobeyed instructions it is not for the air hostesses to wrestle him

You that you're not practicing English see the way your line of reasoning goes?

� comparing church, which is an informal setting, with a tertiary institution, which is a formal setting, faults your points overall.

I don't need to say more.
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by 0monnak0da: 7:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
drehdinho:

You that you're not practicing English see the way your line of reasoning goes?

� comparing church, which is an informal setting, with a tertiary institution, which is a formal setting, faults your points overall.

I don't need to say more.

You are foolish and have no one to tell you.
What has formality got to do with anything?
What is your definition of informal
And what difference does it make?
When you get on an okada is that formal or informal what about when you enter a cab?
Is the requirement to wear a seat belt the law?
Does that give the driver the authority to manhandle you and belt you up or force a helmet on your head?
Does that give an air hostess the power to belt you up forcefully?
Formal ko Ifeoma ni
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by drehdinho(m): 8:47am On Nov 03, 2018
0monnak0da:

You are foolish and have no one to tell you.
What has formality got to do with anything?
What is your definition of informal
And what difference does it make?
When you get on an okada is that formal or informal what about when you enter a cab?
Is the requirement to wear a seat belt the law?
Does that give the driver the authority to manhandle you and belt you up or force a helmet on your head?
Does that give an air hostess the power to belt you up forcefully?
Formal ko Ifeoma ni

Your comment is filled with lots of ignorance. This will be the end of my replies
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by 0monnak0da: 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2018
drehdinho:

Your comment is filled with lots of ignorance. This will be the end of my replies

Shut your mouth
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by drehdinho(m): 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2018
0monnak0da:

Shut your mouth

Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by Kyleconstantine: 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
Do not let Nigeria kill your dream. Education should be easy and stress free. Holla me ,if you wish to study in the Philippines

Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by 0monnak0da: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2018
[quote author=drehdinho post=72649448][/quote]
Oponu,
Shut ya mouth
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by drehdinho(m): 1:12am On Nov 04, 2018
0monnak0da:

Oponu,
Shut ya mouth

0monnak0da has gone mad again.

You are as confused as your name.

And why would I even get to be exchanging words with a mentally sick being?

You need to be rehabilitated asap, and if not, suicide is knocking at your door.

Besides, you're a personal non grata as far as I'm concerned and you will continue to remain one.
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by 0monnak0da: 11:23am On Nov 04, 2018
drehdinho:

0monnak0da has gone mad again.

You are as confused as your name.

And why would I even get to be exchanging words with a mentally sick being?

You need to be rehabilitated asap, and if not, suicide is knocking at your door.

Besides, you're a personal non grata as far as I'm concerned and you will continue to remain one.

Shut up your dirty mouth
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by drehdinho(m): 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2018
0monnak0da:

Shut up your dirty mouth

Dear goat 0monnak0da ,

I can see that you have some deep issues inside your heart and probably your brain also, but dont fight this alone, talk to us, we will definitely help you make it through, we care for each other.

Be smart, dont fight depression alone, Call us today :
0806089526NL.
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by 0monnak0da: 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2018
drehdinho:

Dear goat 0monnak0da ,

I can see that you have some deep issues inside your heart and probably your brain also, but dont fight this alone, talk to us, we will definitely help you make it through, we care for each other.

Be smart, dont fight depression alone, Call us today :
0806089526NL.

Your mouth is putrid
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by drehdinho(m): 1:38am On Nov 05, 2018
0monnak0da:

Your mouth is putrid

The mouth of your useless father and mother is the one you're referring to here not mine.
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by 0monnak0da: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
drehdinho:

The mouth of your useless father and mother is the one you're referring to here not mine.
Your mother will die a painful cancerous death. She will die coughing. She will choke to death
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by drehdinho(m): 12:22am On Nov 06, 2018
0monnak0da:

Your mother will die a painful cancerous death. She will die coughing. She will choke to death

AS LONG AS YOU READ THIS FIRST LINE, THE REST OF THIS MESSAGE SHALL MANIFEST IN YOUR LIFE.

Water has presence everywhere on earth; also, as long as you thread on the ground, and you were born of a woman or through cesarean section, this curses will start working on you.

You have met with the wrong person unfortunately, and there's nothing you can do but to face the consequences.

Take this - You won't survive this month, in sha Allah.

You will die a miserable death.

Your family will morn so gravely over your demise.

Before your death, if you have loved ones, they will die before your very eyes.

You will be hit with life threatening challenges henceforth till your life goes off before this month end.

So shall it be.

Ase!
Re: ABUAD Student Fights His Lecturer For Trying To Seize His Phone by 0monnak0da: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2018
drehdinho:

AS LONG AS YOU READ THIS FIRST LINE, THE REST OF THIS MESSAGE SHALL MANIFEST IN YOUR LIFE.

Water has presence everywhere on earth; also, as long as you thread on the ground, and you were born of a woman or through cesarean section, this curses will start working on you.

You have met with the wrong person unfortunately, and there's nothing you can do but to face the consequences.

Take this - You won't survive this month, in sha Allah.

You will die a miserable death.

Your family will morn so gravely over your demise.

Before your death, if you have loved ones, they will die before your very eyes.

You will be hit with life threatening challenges henceforth till your life goes off before this month end.

So shall it be.

Ase!
Your mother will choke to death.She will die coughing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Help My Junior Sister Answer Her Home Work? (see Photo) / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary / Tiktok: Fauziyah Adegeye Gets A New Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.