Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,409 members, 7,958,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? (23890 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2010
emmydee:

My sister, u dont call an anointed man of God a 'man of dog' no matter the level of your disagreement with what he's doing.
I honestly support that the govt. (EFCC) should go after the loot wherever they are and retrieve them, but it doesnt call for such insults.

Anointed my foot!

Why can't their so-called anointing reveal the thieves amongst them so that they can kick them out?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2010
seunmsg:

, May God forgive you.

Any God that allows you to steal money, Or collect money from corrupt politician and Bank executives who are robbing the public
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by DaddyO(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2010
I can't recall in my entire life, that I've attended Church and heard the paster condemn fraudstars as well as threaten or outrightly reject contributions from their lot - including thieving politicians! Never. It's always about the size of the Church and/or number of parishes that can be open? Or the outrageousness of the opulence they can display!

I doubt very much that this is what Christainity is all about. sad
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2010
Their God is their bellies  angry
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2010
emmydee:

My sister, u dont call an anointed man of God a 'man of dog' no matter the level of your disagreement with what he's doing.
I honestly support that the govt. (EFCC) should go after the loot wherever they are and retrieve them, but it doesnt call for such insults.

sorry oo, but what do you call a man who receives stolen money and refuses to return it? Anointed? Na so
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2010
1 Timothy 6

6But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 8But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Paul's Charge to Timothy
11But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by babylishus: 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ Ms Tudor- with all due respect I would ask that you refrain from any statements that are directly insulting to GOD and to Christianity itself. A man is a man but GOD is GOD so let's keep that separate and in perspective, shall we? The actions of a few do not necessarily reflect on the institution (if so then why dont we abolish marriage since there are so many divorces?)

For every callous, unprincipled charlatan parading him or herself as a man or woman of GOD there are countless quiet and  humble individuals who live lives worthy of emulation. Do not forget the true men and women of GOD who gave their very lives to improve the quality of others through the spreading of the gospel not to mention health care, abolition of evil practices (such as human sacrifice and killing twins) and set up schools so that previous generations could be educated. If you don't agree with or don't believe in GOD it doesn't make you any better or more intelligent than those of us who do. We cool? wink

I personally think that GOD doesn't NEED our money!!! If we spent more of our cash helping the less fortunate than filling the coffers of a few then maybe we could get somewhere in Nigeria. If EFCC has reason to believe such monies were stolen then the monies should be returned to their rightful owners. GOD is not a thief (even if a few people who claim to represent him are)!!!

At the very least the church SHOULD cooperate with the relevant authorities and return what they can. If you receive stolen property and you do not know it and you are asked to return it it would still not be in the same condition that you got it after use, no? So if they received $1 million and after use all they have left is $500,000 then its only fair to return what they have left for the sake of integrity.

But then, how many Nigerians actually have a true sense of integrity (ourselves inclusive)?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by babylishus: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2010
Oh and I agree with everyone saying that you cannot be 'Anointed' and still be a thief!! Its one or the other. Honestly, people give their pastors and even the devil more honour and attention than GOD himself!!!!
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by bawomolo(m): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2010
KG_NAIRA:

Remember, "Touch not my annoited and do my Prophet no harm" I suggest you rethink your comments against men of God before posting them here.

God's wrath can be fatal. However it is not too late to repent

ha ha they have started again
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by babylishus: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2010
I really dont think GOD would strike anyone down just for telling the truth!! So, its okay for us to insult our governors and presidents who steal and its not okay for us to point out and accuse the so called 'anointed men of GOD' who do? BTW some people are not actually called by GOD you know,
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by MyJoe: 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2010
Tgirl4real:

Their God is their bellies  angry
Philippians 3:19
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by coalcoal1(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2010
topics like these always receive a lot of criticisms. hmmm
I am just being careful. I don't want to say the wrong things
the issue here is so sensitive
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by jokingmary(m): 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2010
Tgirl4real:

Anointed my foot! shocked

Why can't their so-called anointing reveal the thieves amongst them so that they can kick them out?

Be careful what you say dear. sad

Even if they provoked you.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2010
For every callous, unprincipled charlatan parading him or herself as a man or woman of GOD there are countless quiet and  humble individuals who live lives worthy of emulation. Do not forget the true men and women of GOD who gave their very lives to improve the quality of others through the spreading of the gospel not to mention health care, abolition of evil practices (such as human sacrifice and killing twins) and set up schools so that previous generations could be educated. If you don't agree with or don't believe in GOD it doesn't make you any better or more intelligent than those of us who do. We cool?

yeah we cool. Me I believe in God but not this Daddy GO, Bishop(or is it Papa Tosibe), Pastor Chris hair-gell

I personally think that GOD doesn't NEED our money!!! If we spent more of our cash helping the less fortunate than filling the coffers of a few then maybe we could get somewhere in Nigeria. If EFCC has reason to believe such monies were stolen then the monies should be returned to their rightful owners. GOD is not a thief (even if a few people who claim to represent him are)!!!

Exactly, but some people make us believe God needs not only money but Private jets, 40-40 club, Breakfast with GO etc

At the very least the church SHOULD cooperate with the relevant authorities and return what they can. If you receive stolen property and you do not know it and you are asked to return it it would still not be in the same condition that you got it after use, no? So if they received $1 million and after use all they have left is $500,000 then its only fair to return what they have left for the sake of integrity.

Exactly, The pepper seller, the Pensioner, the sick person who has his money in those banks that Akingbola and Ibru robbed, What is their offence? their offence is that they deposited money in a Bank licensed by Govt by the MD connived with Daddy GO to use the money buy Jet.

But then, how many Nigerians actually have a true sense of integrity (ourselves inclusive)?

Thats why we have different expectation of Anini and a Pastor
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by dayokanu(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2010
coal_coal:

topics like these always receive a lot of criticisms. hmmm
I am just being careful. I don't want to say the wrong things
the issue here is so sensitive

Who should we consider first, The innocent depositor or the Highway robber Bank CEO or the Pastor who took the money from him to buy Jet
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by mrkoma2012: 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2010
Modern christinity has evolved into a medium for pastors to live lavish lifestyle under the false pretence of working as the servant of God
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tonyet1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2010
Like seriously i get really perplexed at the way folks tend to take issues too far and most annoying is the way the hype it when it regards to church and the things of God.

Ok lets see it this way:

Erastus stole money( as alleged) and he was known to be a 'pastor' in RCCG before and during the incident, therefore he should refund the 'stolen' monies back, OK! so what about the places he bought his automobiles from, what about the places he bought his wardrobes from, oh better still what about those fastfoods/ restaurants he bought stuffs from with the 'stolen monies'? maybe he should go back and tell them to refund.

Isnt it very stu.pid to think?

Alas when it comes to church and spiritual issues every d.ck n  harry wants to open their mouth to talk.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by chuqudy(m): 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2010
No wonder every one wants to open a church. There is money in churchiooooooooooooooooo.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by amaureece: 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ tudo- u r very liable to die soon /perish shortly, your choice. Destruction is very imminent if you keep going this way, My 'life-saver' for u,
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by SUNNY45: 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2010
@ Ms Tudor- with all due respect I would ask that you refrain from any statements that are directly insulting to GOD and to Christianity itself. A man is a man but GOD is GOD so let's keep that separate and in perspective, shall we? The actions of a few do not necessarily reflect on the institution (if so then why dont we abolish marriage since there are so many divorces?)

For every callous, unprincipled charlatan parading him or herself as a man or woman of GOD there are countless quiet and  humble individuals who live lives worthy of emulation. Do not forget the true men and women of GOD who gave their very lives to improve the quality of others through the spreading of the gospel not to mention health care, abolition of evil practices (such as human sacrifice and killing twins) and set up schools so that previous generations could be educated. If you don't agree with or don't believe in GOD it doesn't make you any better or more intelligent than those of us who do. We cool? Wink

Well spoken,
As for Tudor, i know wot thread 2 find u, u spend all ur life time castigatin men of God and gain nuffin at d end of it all, I can remember som1 advisin u to get a blog or website where u can follow ur passion and proclaim ur hatred for pastors more vehemently, He even gave options of olepastor.com, PASTORSARE FOOLISH.NET etc, I stil wonder why u havnt given it a tot
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Tudor6(f): 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2010
Tonye-t:

Like seriously i get really perplexed at the way folks tend to take issues too far and most annoying is the way the hype it when it regards to church and the things of God.

Ok lets see it this way:

Erastus stole money( as alleged) and he was known to be a 'pastor' in RCCG before and during the incident, therefore he should refund the 'stolen' monies back, OK! so what about the places he bought his automobiles from, what about the places he bought his wardrobes from, oh better still what about those fastfoods/ restaurants he bought stuffs from with the 'stolen monies'? maybe he should go back and tell them to refund.

Isnt it very stu.pid to think?

Alas when it comes to church and spiritual issues every d.ck n  harry wants to open their mouth to talk.

Err that his why assets are siezed. Including house, cars and other belongings. Try again pls
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by hobat4cash(m): 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2010
I think the problem some of us have is lack of what to do with our spare time. Imgine somebody calling an anointed man of God, man of dog well may God forgive u. Anybody who steals deserves to be punished no doubt, but judging a man of God is going too far. Judgement is d lord's. Which depositor has gone to any of d banks and has not been able to withdraw his or her money. Now how do we differentiate from d total amount he has given to d church his earned money and d 'looted' part. Abeg.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by bawomolo(m): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2010
hobat4cash:

but judging a man of God is going too far. Judgement is d lord's. Which

does a man of God have immunity from earthly judgment? Who decides who is really a man of God?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by jesus3: 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2010
No. But the judgement of Afa is not in the hands of omo ile kewu
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by ddiamond(f): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2010
all i know is heaven is only sure for few people, let mind our own business, what we arre doing in our closet is more dirty than this, search your heart, as for me, God help me like the thief nailed with christ, asap.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2010
jesus.:

And vice versa
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by AloyEmeka8: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2010
dayokanu:

The money was given to RCCG, if RCCg now claims they have sent it to God, then we need the transfer details, The Bank account God used that they transfered it to, was it by wire, escrow or what?

God is not obliged to anybody including you and He doesn't give receipts.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by timmy7(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2010
Oti, you should have asked unilag to refund the money he used in building the erastus akingbola postgrad hall Abi ke? the way some folks reason sef
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by babylishus: 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2010
But even Jesus said 'Give unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to GOD what is GOD's", and as far as I know GOD does not deal in stolen property.

Please for those of you wishing ill on Ms Tudor (especially those who say she will perish) I'd be careful of that. Why havent our 'leaders' who have been killing and stealing for years with impunity not 'persihed' despite out many curses? GOD Himself decides that, and I dont think He's going to kill me because of something I say about Pastors Adeboye or Oyedepo.

The problem with Nigerians is the fact that we are 'armchair critics'- talking the talk but not walking the walk!! We pardon people of obvious crimes just because they bear the title 'Pastor', Imam, Apostle or whatever without realizing that the commandments given by GOD apply to ALL of us, Men and Women of GOD inclusive.

I am a Christian and I respect my pastor very, very much and recognize his anointing but, HE IS STILL A MAN!!! GOD's Word and rules override and supercede him in every way and if my pastor does wrong by the Bible you can be sure I will not defend him!!!

Like I said, for the sake of integrity any questionable funds should be returned. It is not good for the Church to be under scandal and attack amnd its even worse if the Church is actually a party to such practises.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by bawomolo(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2010
jesus.:

so if the alfa kills someone, no one can judge him except allah right?

Aloy_Emeka:

God is not obliged to anybody including you and He doesn't give receipts.

how did the money get to God.
earthly currency belongs to ceasar right or is God dealing in naira dollar and pounds now?
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by AloyEmeka8: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2010
bawomolo:

you mean there is a money transfer service from RCCG headquarters to heaven?

Yes, spiritual transfer. It will confuse mortals like you and you may never understand it unless you are in the spirit.
Re: Is Rccg And Pastor Adeboye Obliged To Return Akingbola Looted Offering? by bawomolo(m): 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

Yes, spiritual transfer. It will confuse mortals like you and you may never understand it unless you are in the spirit.

sure Angel Gabriel must be running an intergalactic money laundering ring.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Fires Back At Erelu Agbaye, Says Allegation Of Occultism Amounts / Nigeria @ 58: Why Nigeria Is Not Great – Pastor Kumuyi / 10 Prayer Points That Make Christians Shout & Pray Aggressively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.