Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank (1071 Views)

Cocaine: Tammy Olaiya Pleads Guilty To Drug Trafficking And Bank Fraud / EFCC Re-arraigns American Over $1.2m ‘green Card Fraud’ / Nigerian 'Yahoo' Boy Sentenced To Jail In UK Over Credit Card Fraud. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by menzo4u: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
It all came my knowledge today that some money got withdrawn from my account for a transaction I never authorized. I have been to my bank (GTBank) today and forwarded my complaints only for the customer service officer to tell me that the money was used to make an online transaction and it would take them 45 working days to do investigation.

My question is, how was the money authorized? I have never for once used my ATM card or my personal account for any online transaction, and my ATM card has never lost or been stolen, neither did I give it to anyone for any reason.

So please has anyone experienced this before or which steps can I take? PLEASE HELP

My problem with the bank:

I don't know how a transaction was carried out online via my account without my bank sending me a verification code to approve or confirm such payment when my phone number is registered with them.

Cc: OAM4J, Mynd44
Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala

Modified --- (2Months later)

Thanks a lot for your comments and show of concern guys, GTBank has just refunded me after series of follow up and complaints. The money has been reversed from the website where the transaction was made.
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by delzbaba(m): 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2018
did you recently apply for national identity card, or loose same? did you share your bvn information online or in an email?
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by menzo4u: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2018
delzbaba:
did you recently apply for national identity card, or loose same? did you share your bvn information online or in an email?
Actually, sometimes about two weeks ago... My client made a payment to through (First Bank) cheque. On getting there I was asked by the cashier to provide my ID card before payment could be made. I didn't have my ID Card with me then, so he asked me to provide BVN just as a means of identification which I gave and I was able to make a withdrawal.

I have told my Bank (GTBank) about the same thing as what I suspected but I was told that providing BVN to the bank officer at First Bank has no harmful effect. It is just a means of identification that no one could have access to my account through it.

That is the only thing that happened
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by menzo4u: 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by bacco2000(m): 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
This thing is now everywhere ooo.

60k was debitedd from my account last week via fluttewave.

Only for bank to tell me it's an online transaction for Uber payment.
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by delzbaba(m): 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
[quote author=menzo4u post=72547321]
Actually, sometimes about two weeks ago... My client made a payment to through (First Bank) cheque. On getting there I was asked by the cashier to provide my ID card before payment could be made. I didn't have my ID Card with me then, so he asked me to provide BVN just as a means of identification which I gave and I was able to make a withdrawal.

I have told my Bank (GTBank) about the same thing as what I suspected but I was told that providing BVN to the bank officer at First Bank has no harmful effect. It is just a means of identification that no one could have access to my account through it.

That is the only thing that happened [/quote sorry hope you recover your money.
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by menzo4u: 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
bacco2000:

And was the money reversed? Or what was the solution they promise to profer?

Lalasticlala , Seun.... please help bring this to the notice of Nigerians working day and night, only for their hard-earned money to be taken in this way.

1 Like

Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by menzo4u: 10:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
I don't know how a transaction was carried out online via my account without my bank sending me a verification code to approve or confirm such payment when my phone number is registered with them.

Cc: OAM4J, Mynd44
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by meezynetwork(m): 5:43am On Oct 31, 2018
Gboys
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by menzo4u: 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2019
bacco2000:

Thanks a lot for your comment, GTBank has just refunded me after series of follow up and complaints. The money has been reversed from the website where the transaction was made.
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by menzo4u: 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2019
Modified

Thanks a lot for your comments and show of concern guys, GTBank has just refunded me after series of follow up and complaints. The money has been reversed from the website where the transaction was made.
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by Hector09(m): 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
Bankers eh that was how 3k was debited frm my account, i called my banj manager she was saying gibberish, i got to rush to the customer service and it was retify, they refound me my money, hold d bank responsible
Re: Is This Credit Card Fraud Or Bank Fraud? My Problem With Gtbank by menzo4u: 12:09am On Jan 16, 2019
Hector09:
Bankers eh that was how 3k was debited frm my account, i called my banj manager she was saying gibberish, i got to rush to the customer service and it was retify, they refound me my money, hold d bank responsible
It's becoming rampant these days, thank God my money has been refunded too.

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest 3 Suspects For ‘humiliating’ Nude Woman In Viral Video In Anambra. / NDLEA Arrest 2 Grandmothers With Cocaine Destined Overseas / Please South Africans Should Kill The Igbos And Spare Yourubas - Adeyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.