Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Prostration? How Do An Igbo Man Greet An Oba? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prostration? How Do An Igbo Man Greet An Oba? (1798 Views)

Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State / Oduduwa Republic: See What An Oba Is Doing To Fulani Emir (pics) / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prostration? How Do An Igbo Man Greet An Oba? by chumakk: 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2018
How do an Igbo man greet an Oba or Ooni of Ife? Will he prostate like other Yoruba people?
Re: Prostration? How Do An Igbo Man Greet An Oba? by MightySparrow: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2018
chumakk:
How do an Igbo man greet an Oba or Ooni of Ife? Will he prostate like other Yoruba people?
No big deal, in Roman 13 the bible teaches us to render custom unto whom it is due; that does not reduce you but an easy life among strangers. When flouted people see you as proud and deal with you in a hostile way. I think this igbo people's problem in nigeria.
Re: Prostration? How Do An Igbo Man Greet An Oba? by chumakk: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
MightySparrow:
No big deal, in Roman 13 the bible teaches us to render custom unto whom it is due; that does not reduce you but an easy life among strangers. When flouted people see you as proud and deal with you in a hostile way. I think this igbo people's problem in nigeria.
I'm not asking for what the Bible said but the traditions of an Igbo people and how they greet. It is okay if you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Prostration? How Do An Igbo Man Greet An Oba? by MightySparrow: 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
chumakk:
I'm not asking for what the Bible said but the traditions of an Igbo people and how they greet. It is okay if you don't know.
So you don't have igbos in your village and their mannerism?
Re: Prostration? How Do An Igbo Man Greet An Oba? by NairaHercules(m): 2:16am On Oct 30, 2020
chumakk:

We just shake am na. undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Body Part You Wash First While Bathing Reveals A Lot About You / Modern Igbo To Take Note Eze Does Not Mean King In Literal Sense Of The Word / Igbo Finally Agree, ERI Is A Sub Culture Of Yoruba.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.