Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

We Are Not Nigerians 01 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Nigerians 01 (387 Views)

Killers Of 16 Soldiers May Be Mercenaries, Not Nigerians – Akpabio / Subsidy Removal: Kill Corruption, Not Nigerians, Bakare Tells Tinubu / ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are Not Nigerians 01 by simplemusic(m): 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]I choose to write this in green so it will catch your attention, according to the title which is true ,in reality we are not Nigerians,,
Nigeria is just a mere word,it doesn't inspire you,it doesn't inspire anybody,why is that,simple we don't believe in it, we all know where we come from we all know where we belong,the fact that we are called Nigerians by others doesn't translate to us calling ourselves Nigerians ,how many time in a year do you refer to your self as a nigerian I mean for real,in this country many people don't like other people,people hate others who are supposed to come from the same country like them,there is no shame in it,its just the way it is.
Nigeria started to exist in 1914,before then there was no Nigeria ,its what we know ,so why are we still in it,the answer is not far fetched,(FEAR).
From the very beginning when we learn how to talk and walk,we are instilled with the fear (not love,but real fear) of Nigeria,it starts from our school teachers who flog us for not signing the anthem and saying the pledge,and our parents who treat us with disdain for daring to ask intelligent question about how Nigeria came to be, if you notice from your childhood nobody seemed to know how Nigeria came to exist and who was the first man to be called a Nigerian we know of the first Nigerian president,the first coups,the first civil war,but we don't know the first passport to bear the title Nigerian,the first certificate to be issued to a Nigerian calling the individual Nigerian all this has been lost to us,a history never to be seen or heard of again.
We do not have Nigerian heroes,we don't have Nigerian words,we don't have Nigerian foods,all we have is a mere word Nigeria.
Flora shaw was sick in the head when she came up with this name Nigeria lugard caught unto that sickness and then transfered it to the rest of us,we continue to carry it and then pass it unto our children, a never breaking sickness.
We are thoroughly afraid ,in Nigeria everything can kill you,so you try to be careful how you live,but that is not enough,so you runaway you do this by trying to flee through any route you can find,but if that fails,you become the very thing you are afraid of,yes you become dangerous,you destroy,you cheat and you kill,making Nigeria hell for everybody else,the circle of fear grows,if anyone dares to question Nigeria,you kill them,if anyone tries to progress you steal/cheat them,so running away remains the only option,even that is not easy.
I will not talk about culture,or tribe you all know where you belong,I will talk about Nigeria and why it means nothing.
there is no Nigeria love,no Nigeria dream,no Nigeria hope,only the mere word Nigeria,we are all trapped in it because we are afraid,we know why,Nigeria will kill us if we ask deep piercing question,Nigeria will steal from us if we keep our money in Nigerian banks (abi I lie),Nigeria will disgrace us when we try to leave,so we are trapped in a word we do not believe.
to be continued.
simplemusic(Ibadan).

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Nigerians 01 by bishop4life(m): 3:33am On Oct 31, 2018
simplemusic:
[color=#006600][/color]I choose to write this in green so it will catch your attention, according to the title which is true ,in reality we are not Nigerians,,
Nigeria is just a mere word,it doesn't inspire you,it doesn't inspire anybody,why is that,simple we don't believe in it, we all know where we come from we all know where we belong,the fact that we are called Nigerians by others doesn't translate to us calling ourselves Nigerians ,how many time in a year do you refer to your self as a nigerian I mean for real,in this country many people don't like other people,people hate others who are supposed to come from the same country like them,there is no shame in it,its just the way it is.
Nigeria started to exist in 1914,before then there was no Nigeria ,its what we know ,so why are we still in it,the answer is not far fetched,(FEAR).
From the very beginning when we learn how to talk and walk,we are instilled with the fear (not love,but real fear) of Nigeria,it starts from our school teachers who flog us for not signing the anthem and saying the pledge,and our parents who treat us with disdain for daring to ask intelligent question about how Nigeria came to be, if you notice from your childhood nobody seemed to know how Nigeria came to exist and who was the first man to be called a Nigerian we know of the first Nigerian president,the first coups,the first civil war,but we don't know the first passport to bear the title Nigerian,the first certificate to be issued to a Nigerian calling the individual Nigerian all this has been lost to us,a history never to be seen or heard of again.
We do not have Nigerian heroes,we don't have Nigerian words,we don't have Nigerian foods,all we have is a mere word Nigeria.
Flora shaw was sick in the head when she came up with this name Nigeria lugard caught unto that sickness and then transfered it to the rest of us,we continue to carry it and then pass it unto our children, a never breaking sickness.
We are thoroughly afraid ,in Nigeria everything can kill you,so you try to be careful how you live,but that is not enough,so you runaway you do this by trying to flee through any route you can find,but if that fails,you become the very thing you are afraid of,yes you become dangerous,you destroy,you cheat and you kill,making Nigeria hell for everybody else,the circle of fear grows,if anyone dares to question Nigeria,you kill them,if anyone tries to progress you steal/cheat them,so running away remains the only option,even that is not easy.
I will not talk about culture,or tribe you all know where you belong,I will talk about Nigeria and why it means nothing.
there is no Nigeria love,no Nigeria dream,no Nigeria hope,only the mere word Nigeria,we are all trapped in it because we are afraid,we know why,Nigeria will kill us if we ask deep piercing question,Nigeria will steal from us if we keep our money in Nigerian banks (abi I lie),Nigeria will disgrace us when we try to leave,so we are trapped in a word we do not believe.
to be continued.
simplemusic(Ibadan).

Food for thought.
straight forward reasoning.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Applauds Buhari’s Government / Media Reports Linking Me To Pmb’s WAEC Saga Is Disturbing And Fraudulent—aguiyi / WAEC Explains Why President Buhari’s Recent Passport Appeared On The Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.