Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway (14969 Views)

Recieve Money From Norway / Nigeria Imports 2.2 Million Tons Of Fish Annually / Importing Stockfish From Norway Or UK Into Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by fuckipobs: 8:01am On Oct 31, 2018
Food for children of the Oracle's. Food rituals, life rituals, death rituals. I hail Igbo amaka.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by hisgrace090: 8:04am On Oct 31, 2018
iammo:
smiley Cod fish used in making stockfish isn't found within our seas, it thrives in colder pacific region and the process of drying requires cold air and wind tongue bottom line make buhari no ban am oo

Well said, this type of ban is what gives buhari joy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by olujastro: 8:04am On Oct 31, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Has anyone asked if Norwegians eat those stockfish?
Well, Nigerians enjoy your poison food... smiley
Yes, but it's eaten mostly as fresh fish that one may not even know it's the same stockfish. We grill it fresh in the oven.

The okporoko you eat in naija is dried to preserve it for export to Nigerian consumers.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2018
Yes. This has bn going on since the 17th century. Saw the documentary on CNN. They used to feed the slaves stock fish throughout the transatlantic journey. But naija pple turned it to delicacy.

Same way the word 'houseboy' is a Slave term to differentiate a house slave and a field slave. It is also still in use and the slavery still being practiced by Nigerians. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by hisgrace090: 8:08am On Oct 31, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
Now this is a shame

It's official... I'm ashamed of being called a Nigerian

Your shame will remain as we Nigerians will keep on eating stock fish.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by salford1: 8:14am On Oct 31, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Has anyone asked if Norwegians eat those stockfish?
Well, Nigerians enjoy your poison food... smiley
I dont know about Norwegians but cod (stock fish) is common in North America. We dey also get titus (Norway Mackerel) , panla (Hake) and croaker (Weak fish) in supermarkets.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 31, 2018
Nigerians are the biggest importers in the whole world, The import every damn thing including the air we breathe.

Even the Arabs don't import as much & they live on a desert!!!

freaking black ass Nigerians want 1N-1$ , you guys have to be extinct before it happens, I hope PMB slams a big fine on this business

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Fash20: 8:27am On Oct 31, 2018
The first fash law states anybody who spends more or little below what he makes will be poor. its a universal law of nature. this law can applied to the states as well.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by wink2015(m): 8:37am On Oct 31, 2018
Is it not high time we use 21st century technology to culture this species of fish to be cultivated here in Nigeria.

Get it dried with machines and then supply our local market while exporting to other African countries.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Kobomax(m): 8:45am On Oct 31, 2018
But they are putting high tarriff on the stockfish at our ports causing artificial scarcity and making importers raise the market price. Stockfish today is very expensive per bag. I'd have invested in wholesaling it but the price just keeps fluctuating.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Kobomax(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2018
wink2015:
Is it not high time we use 21st century technology to culture this species of fish to be cultivated here in Nigeria.

Get it dried with machines and then supply our local market while exporting to other African countries.

And it will taste like what? Instead of talking of how to improve our trade relations with these countries to reduce trade deficit, you're talking of culturing cod fish and machine drying. How much nutrients will this laboratory experiment contain?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by grandstar(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2018
Lomprico2:

Looted funds.

Its not an offshore haven so not a recipient of stolen funds
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by icogb: 9:01am On Oct 31, 2018
Bykemannn:
I really wonder why the stock fish hat to be beheaded most of the times, cant u guys export one that died a normal death? Must they all be murdered in cold blood
There are but you'ld find much of dat in d fresh ones.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 31, 2018
Southerners, especially Igbos eat it a lot.

I am privileged to have lived with a High ranking officer in Nigeria Quarantine who has been to Tromso, Norway and he doesnt eat stock fish. I asked him why and he told me that he saw how those fishes are cured and stored (using traditional crude methods) and it isn't good for hygiene.

I asked, why does the FG still allow its importation, his answer is still the Nigerian factor we all know about.

Mind you, Norwegians don't eat stock fish.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Felixv: 9:05am On Oct 31, 2018
We are consumers indeed. They blame the government on everything but would never change their ways for the betterment of their country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Horus(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwCheiTStMI

Nigeria imports Norwegian seafood worth $125 million yearly

Nigeria shares a rather fishy relationship with Norway... Despite having its own coastline, Nigeria imports around 125 million dollars
worth of Norwegian seafood every year.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Obas101(m): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2018
geadom5:
WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR AGRICULTURAL SECTOR
our water can breed the type of fishes processed into stock fish.. BTW. Norway is the largest producer of stock fish and many countries import from them
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by nonix22(m): 9:35am On Oct 31, 2018
if you are purine sensitive, thereby resulting to gout- avoid stock fish and cray fish asap
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by adanny01(m): 9:49am On Oct 31, 2018
What irks me is that the fish is in grades. Grade A, B and Nigerian grade.

The head, bones, fins, tail and rotten fish is the one Nigerians import.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Originalsly: 10:31am On Oct 31, 2018
Marygold637:

What is Norway importing from Nigeria ?

Do you expect them to import our fish....and make it part of their must have can't do without it? ...and neglect their own? ...and be proud of it?...and beat their chest that they eat imported fish?....and foolishly squander their reserves instead of building it?...and then complain there are no jobs?
Bro.....I hear you!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by amstamon: 10:38am On Oct 31, 2018
Orji uzor Kalu..... Thumbs up
Making his cool money
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by congorasta: 11:03am On Oct 31, 2018
nnaeyes6:
Papa Jombo ABRIBA money de tick gbagam. That man and family are stinkingly rich with this stockfish importation. Kala Okpogo! Kala Onwu!

icho cod ko bone, anyi nwere flesh
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by Meringe(m): 11:33am On Oct 31, 2018
nnaeyes6:
Papa Jombo ABRIBA money de tick gbagam. That man and family are stinkingly rich with this stockfish importation. Kala Okpogo! Kala Onwu!
okeebule Jumbo has decreased in importation of stockfish. Some guys have overtaken him. Though he made his money already.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by nnaeyes6: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2018
Meringe:

okeebule Jumbo has decreased in importation of stockfish. Some guys have overtaken him. Though he made his money already.
But na still BABA the stockfish. umirima kwesiri inochi ichie
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by meobizy(f): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2018
...and here I was thinking we produce it here locally. This country is doomed. We really do import everything.
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by naijajobx: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
smiley
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by swarshC: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2018
how about Thai smoked fish?it could be alternative to stock fish
Re: Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway by urahara(m): 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kobomax:
But they are putting high tarriff on the stockfish at our ports causing artificial scarcity and making importers raise the market price. Stockfish today is very expensive per bag. I'd have invested in wholesaling it but the price just keeps fluctuating.

Jesus Christ ,are you for real ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boeing Gives $100m To Help 737 Max Crash Families / CBN Mulls Fresh N50 Charge On Cheque Leaflets / Dangote Refinery Ramps Up Production With US Crude – Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.