Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

How To Share Location With Friends And Families Via Android And Apple Devices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Share Location With Friends And Families Via Android And Apple Devices (374 Views)

Help Me In Choosing Between Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G And Apple Iphone 13 Pro / Apple Does Not Let Movie Villains Use Iphone And Other Apple Devices / Here Is How You Can Access Uba’s Leo On Your Apple Devices. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Share Location With Friends And Families Via Android And Apple Devices by Techcribsblog(m): 3:18am On Oct 31, 2018
Today on techcribs we had gathered new ways to share location on both android and apple devices. Follow the steps below to share your location either with friends or families

For ANDROID users
1.Locate Google play map on your android device. Tap on the three dash icon (☰) on the left hand side for MENU.
2.Tap location sharing on the navigation MENU. The location sharing as pronounced is used to share your current location with your friend and families.

3.Select a duration for sharing your location. Your location updates will automatically stop after the selected duration ends.
4.Use the “+” and “-” buttons to increase or decrease your sharing duration.
Alternatively, select Until you turn this off here if you want to keep location sharing on until you manually turn it off from the app.

5.Select the media you want to use to share your location either Facebook messanger,Twitter, WhatsApp and among others.

6.So we are using WhatsApp send it to the number of contacts you want to view your current location.

For Apple users

For users using iPhone or other apple device’s.

1.Open settings,Tap your Apple ID. It’s the section at the top of the menu that contains your name and image if you’ve added one.
2.If you are not signed in or registered try to get an account.enter your Apple ID and password, then click SIGN IN.
3.Scroll down and tap Find My iPhone. Slide the button find my phone to turn it on, and the colour will turn green.

4.Open Find My iPhone on another device. Do so by launching the app on a mobile device or going to iCloud in a web browser.
5.Sign in with your Apple ID. Use the Apple ID and password with which you signed into your iPhone.
6.Tap your iPhone that you wanna pair with. It should appear in a list of devices below the map; it’s location will be displayed on the map, which will zoom in when you select your iPhone.
7.If the phone has been powered off, or the battery has been exhausted, it will show you the last visable location of the phone, but will not be able to show you the current address.
8.Tap Play Sound. It’s in the bottom-left corner of the screen. If your iPhone is nearby, it will play a sound to help you locate it.
9.Select a duration. Tap the period you would like to share your location with your friend. These are the options :
>>Share for One Hour
>>Share Until End of Day
>>Share Indefinitely

10Accept the request on your friend’s iPhone. Your friend should tap Accept when prompted, and Share if they’d like to share their phone’s location with you

Source >> http://techcribs.com.ng/how-to-share-location-with-friends-and-families-via-android-and-apple-devices/

Re: How To Share Location With Friends And Families Via Android And Apple Devices by Realboygenius(m): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2018
This should work on my Tecno Phone.
Re: How To Share Location With Friends And Families Via Android And Apple Devices by Techcribsblog(m): 8:00am On Nov 01, 2018
Realboygenius:
This should work on my Tecno Phone.

Sure
Re: How To Share Location With Friends And Families Via Android And Apple Devices by Rubiesangel: 9:49am On Nov 01, 2018
I'll try it on my Tecno Pouvoir 2
Re: How To Share Location With Friends And Families Via Android And Apple Devices by investigator007: 10:21am On Nov 01, 2018
nice tips, will come in handy on my spark k7
Re: How To Share Location With Friends And Families Via Android And Apple Devices by investigator007: 10:22am On Nov 01, 2018
tecno pouvoir 2 grin , na una dey enjoy battery like mad.
Rubiesangel:
I'll try it on my Tecno Pouvoir 2

(1) (Reply)

Clean Samsung Note 8 / So Many Rugged Smartphone, Why Ioutdoor X Looks Beautiful? / Hints On How To Boost Your Android Battery Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.