Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion (13125 Views)

Imo State Police Command Dismisses Seven Officers For Extortion / 2 Policemen & 3 Bandits Killed As Suspected IPOB, ESN Attack Imo Police Station / 4 Policemen Killed By Armed Robbers In Ebonyi, Others Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by Horus(m): 9:07am On Oct 31, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB3cTFo1q8I

LASTMA Extortion

A LASTMA official trying to extort a bus driver and the passengers revolted and stood up for their rights.
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by spinna: 9:07am On Oct 31, 2018
4 police arrested for extortion based on newspaper article. A governor was nabbed receiving bribes but he's yet to be arrested. If the head is corrupt the body must also be corrupt.

Mrs Modinat of LASTMA would have been using her shares of criminal extortion money to be buying aso ebi and posing upandan... Nonsense and disgusting
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by eluquenson(m): 9:11am On Oct 31, 2018
Yawa don gas, this is prevalent in our society.

Bribery and corruption can't be eradicated

2 Likes

Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by AngelicBeing: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2018
Chosen1984:
Some of the policemen in the festac Axis are Criminals!!
95 percent of Police men in Nigeria are criminals and useless
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by colestephan86: 9:12am On Oct 31, 2018
GistMore:
The police have arrested four police officers and three LASTMA men for extortion in Lagos.

Source reports that this was disclosed by the Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, on behalf of the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Imohimi Edgal.
He said that the attention of the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, was on Tuesday 30th October, 2018, drawn to a publication on page 19 of The Nation Newspaper, of same date, captioned “Police as cesspit of corruption”.

The reporter drew attention to the underhand dealings of some policemen he ran into on his way to FESTAC town Lagos. He alleged that the men took him to First Gate of Festac Town which they had turned to an extortion point.
Sequel to the information gained from the publication, the CP directed the Area Commander in-charge of Area E, FESTAC, ACP Yusuf Ajape, and the officer in charge of the Command X-Squad Section, SP Aliu Abubakar, to carry out a covert operation around the aforementioned location leading to the arrest of the following policemen and Lagos State Traffic Management Agency officials (LASTMA ): Inspector Charles Omokaro, Inspector Idara Akai, Sergeant Chidi Mordi and Sergeant Joseph Bernard. LASTMA officials: Mr. Sam Adekunle, Mr. Omolaja Ige and Mrs. Modinat Folashade.

They were said to have been caught while trying to extort one Mr. Waheed Lamidi, who they gave a Diamond Bank account number 0020558133, titled Femi Adebanji, to transfer the sum of seventy-five thousand Naira only (N75,000.00) when he complained that he had no cash.

The Lagos CP has directed that the suspects be brought to the Command Headquarters, X-Squad Section, for thorough investigation and appropriate disciplinary action if found guilty. In the same vein, the CP said that the Command will always welcome opinions, comments and criticism geared towards helping the Force get rid of bad eggs in its midst and improve service delivery and not comments designed to debase or ridicule the Force.

News via Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/4-policemen-3-lastma-officials-arrested-extortion

You are to be very crazy to live in lagos. One police officer wanted to arrest me for something I placed in my car with all doors closed.
He said he was arresting for unsecure load.
I show am that day o.
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by emmaitive(m): 9:14am On Oct 31, 2018
wht of tiefnubu
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by zezinando(m): 9:23am On Oct 31, 2018
GistMore:
The police have arrested four police officers and three LASTMA men for extortion in Lagos.

Source reports that this was disclosed by the Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, on behalf of the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Imohimi Edgal.
He said that the attention of the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, was on Tuesday 30th October, 2018, drawn to a publication on page 19 of The Nation Newspaper, of same date, captioned “Police as cesspit of corruption”.

The reporter drew attention to the underhand dealings of some policemen he ran into on his way to FESTAC town Lagos. He alleged that the men took him to First Gate of Festac Town which they had turned to an extortion point.
Sequel to the information gained from the publication, the CP directed the Area Commander in-charge of Area E, FESTAC, ACP Yusuf Ajape, and the officer in charge of the Command X-Squad Section, SP Aliu Abubakar, to carry out a covert operation around the aforementioned location leading to the arrest of the following policemen and Lagos State Traffic Management Agency officials (LASTMA ): Inspector Charles Omokaro, Inspector Idara Akai, Sergeant Chidi Mordi and Sergeant Joseph Bernard. LASTMA officials: Mr. Sam Adekunle, Mr. Omolaja Ige and Mrs. Modinat Folashade.

They were said to have been caught while trying to extort one Mr. Waheed Lamidi, who they gave a Diamond Bank account number 0020558133, titled Femi Adebanji, to transfer the sum of seventy-five thousand Naira only (N75,000.00) when he complained that he had no cash.

The Lagos CP has directed that the suspects be brought to the Command Headquarters, X-Squad Section, for thorough investigation and appropriate disciplinary action if found guilty. In the same vein, the CP said that the Command will always welcome opinions, comments and criticism geared towards helping the Force get rid of bad eggs in its midst and improve service delivery and not comments designed to debase or ridicule the Force.

News via Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/4-policemen-3-lastma-officials-arrested-extortion

rock that Kampala in diff styles, follow @d.abeke_kampala on ig for Quality kampala and batiks, they come very affordable they also provide delivery services nationwide or call ABEKE on 08182177415
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by don4real18(m): 9:42am On Oct 31, 2018
And one of the sergeant is a Nairalander grin
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by doctokwus: 9:53am On Oct 31, 2018
Chosen1984:
Some of the policemen in the festac Axis are Criminals!!
Some?
So u mean there is a policeman in Nigeria that doesn't collect bribe either when opportuned to do so or by creating one himself? I don't believe it.
Some of them maybe competent in their job,but corruption,aka bribe taking,is part and parcel of the force.
Even as bail is free,a fellow policeman or officer whose relation unfortunately gets picked and taken to the station,will still tell his family members to just look for something "small" for him to give the IPO or DPO,as d case maybe,depending on the extent of the offence.That's how bad the force is.

1 Like

Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by chineselink: 10:08am On Oct 31, 2018
I cursed them early this month after taking 10,000naira from me that I took one way at alakija while an army man with me led loose. I went to Gtb to withdraw it after negotiations with their negotiator. Organized criminals, they have methods which include negotiator, one will come during negotiations and say no need the car is booked already so that you can offer more out of fear.
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by Originalsly: 10:16am On Oct 31, 2018
This should be an ongoing operation....the good thing about this...is they got the guys higher ranks.
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 31, 2018
Fake news
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by bigplayerz(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2018
All i can see is Ambode`s rumpled chinos...lol grin grin grin grin God don catch them make them dismiss them immediately.
Re: 4 Policemen, 3 LASTMA Officials Arrested For Extortion by tfk96: 3:34pm On Oct 31, 2018
That one is child's play to what Naval officer, Police,Army and Lastma officials are collecting on every single spot along Apapa to Tincan roads... They are the major once causing the traffic gridlock now

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Killed In Fresh Kajuru Attack In Kaduna / Man, 42 , Arraigned For Raping 9 Year - Old Girl / Convicted Rapists In Osun To Get Life Imprisonment – Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.