Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,293 members, 7,842,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode (12445 Views)

Senate Says It Is Ready To Amend Nigerian Constitution To Okay State Police / How CBN's CRR Policy Will Kill The Economy - Akin Oyebode / Lawal Yahaya-Gumau: We Will Amend Constitution To Allow Buhari Be Life President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 31, 2018
BIXYBABE:
how
intensive sales training for fashion designer for a month. Participant will be able to make more sales after the course. To enrol, whatsapp 07053976698. Thanks
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by orisa37: 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2018
Agreed with 100%.
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by orisa37: 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2018
HisSexcellency:
Discard it and replace with what exactly
Restructuring that we're yet to agree on what it actually means, where is the report on the confab that huge amount of money was spent to hold.

It's Buhari vs 200million - him issue. He calls it Process while the rest of us call it Restructuring. He speaks Fulani English while the rest of us speak Nigerian English.
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by orisa37: 6:37pm On Oct 31, 2018
The Leader must do the will of the majority and not manipulate the system to satisfy his whims and caprises.. Buhari is Clumsy. The cabal around him are mischievous.
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by orisa37: 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2018
4601CE:
Lol
Every Tom, dick and Harry is now saying stuffs they like about Nigeria and what should be done .
Nawa

Define restructuring. Clown!
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by orisa37: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2018
Ejimagift:
Igbos will never Get Biafra. We shall remain united even if we don't love each other

Na by force?
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by daddytime(m): 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2018
gypsey:
Nigerian youths are not ready for better Nigeria, they are yet to see the wood for it trees.

They deserves the way the crooked leaders are treating them. they are happy with bread crumbs from their thieving leaders. what the youths don't realise is that all that money politicians are stealing and wasting on flambouyant lifestyles are our money, the youths money.

It's like someone stealing £1000 from you and giving you back £100, deceiving you into believing that he gave you a gift and you should be grateful, And Nigerian youths appears to be gratef

ul for been deceived. it amazes me.

Very unsettling I tell you. The worst of it all is seeing photo ops of these rogues laughing their asses out and you can't help but realize they are clearly laughing at us.

It's so so painful that all of their actions are deliberate and of course we can put an end to it all with enough will power and planning. The only other option available when they refuse to allow us have a way and decide our future by ourselves going forward will be to set the country restless for them and all after all we aren't any better than destitute with the status quo.

Me wey don use leg trek desert swim ocean to escape this nonsense so tey I sleep on top grave wey I no know who dem bury inside.

In fact death see me run.

Na thunder go strike all the enemies of state wey dey keep us down. Their day go break soon.

Bleep money Bleep appointments, my future and my kids' future trumps it all..
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by orisa37: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2018
Built2last:
Absolutely

The annoying thing about that constitution is that the opening page says "We the people" i am not part of Those whose contributed to that constitution.

It's a military contribution handed over to Obasanjo.

We need a democratic constitution.

Obasanjo, Yaadua and Jonathan interpreted it humanely and democratically.
Buhari and El rufai are just killing our Traditional Rulers and Farmers like pests.
One Traditional Ruler, his Queen and Heir Apparent were killed in Kaduna 2017 December.
October 24th, just last week, Agom Kadara and his body guards were murdered also in Kaduna in cold blood.
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by orisa37: 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2018
basilo101:
Tinubu slaves have abandoned the age long yoruba restructuring agenda. But original yorubas are focused on it

God owns The Land and its fullness.
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by orisa37: 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2018
Jahwinaboy:
Unfortunately, the constitution is obviously lopsided and favours some.

Amen it by force of the people, by the constitution or by Referedum
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by orisa37: 7:30pm On Oct 31, 2018
akilo1:
Do Nigeria have constitution?I doubt

Our NASS is reckless and careless.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2018
daddytime:

Very unsettling I tell you. The worst of it all is seeing photo ops of these rogues laughing their asses out and you can't help but realize they are clearly laughing at us.

It's so so painful that all of their actions are deliberate and of course we can put an end to it all with enough will power and planning. The only other option available when they refuse to allow us have a way and decide our future by ourselves going forward will be to set the country restless for them and all after all we aren't any better than destitute with the status quo.

Me wey don use leg trek desert swim ocean to escape this nonsense so tey I sleep on top grave wey I no know who dem bury inside.

In fact death see me run.

Na thunder go strike all the enemies of state wey dey keep us down. Their day go break soon.

Bleep money Bleep appointments, my future and my kids' future trumps it all..
grin grin grin grin Gbam!!! you are very funny.

The only thing that might stop these thieves is a clear and tough Revolution! because from the look of things they don't look like they are ready to quit. they will keep recycling themselves and when they are gone their children will take over.

David mark's daughter is moving closer to replacing her father, Tinubu's daughter the same, even the convicted looter Ibori former delta Governor jailed here in England his daughter is running for a political position at present,

you see? power, control and looting is intoxicating, once you taste it no leaving it they d rather die in it.

APC and PDP and all the other parties are the same.
It's funny how the appear to disagree on our behalf but they agree with themselves when it comes to sharing their loots (our money)...if more youths thinks like you are I things will change but from the look of how they have divided and turned us Against each other the change will probarbly will never happen not even in Another 100 years.
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by daddytime(m): 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
gypsey:
grin grin grin grin Gbam!!! you are very funny.

The only thing that might stop these thieves is a clear and tough Revolution! because from the look of things they don't look like they are ready to quit. they will keep recycling themselves and when they are gone their children will take over.

David mark's daughter is moving closer to replacing her father, Tinubu's daughter the same, even the convicted looter Ibori former delta Governor jailed here in England his daughter is running for a political position at present,

you see? power, control and looting is intoxicating, once you taste it no leaving it they d rather die in it.

APC and PDP and all the other parties are the same.
It's funny how the appear to disagree on our behalf but they agree with themselves when it comes to sharing their loots (our money)...

Undiluted truth my brother...
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 31, 2018
daddytime:

Undiluted truth my brother...
If more youths thinks like you and I things might be able to change but from the way the have divided and turned us Against each other, things will not change not even in the next 60 years.

It's easier to rule people when they are divided. politicians have always used this tactics.
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by gentleibraheem(m): 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2018
Seconded. Prof
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by Built2last: 10:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
orisa37:

Obasanjo, Yaadua and Jonathan interpreted it humanely and democratically.
Buhari and El rufai are just killing our Traditional Rulers and Farmers like pests.
One Traditional Ruler, his Queen and Heir Apparent were killed in Kaduna 2017 December.
October 24th, just last week, Agom Kadara and his body guards were murdered also in Kaduna in cold blood.

Very unfortunate
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by pasj668: 11:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
God bless you sir
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by bibe(m): 3:28am On Nov 01, 2018
HisSexcellency:
Discard it and replace with what exactly
Restructuring that we're yet to agree on what it actually means, where is the report on the confab that huge amount of money was spent to hold.

He asked that it be replaced with the confab, that's the restructuring we agreed upon in 2014
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by orisa37: 6:03am On Nov 01, 2018
And our NASS are just looking askance recklessly and carelessly.
Re: 'Nigeria Must Discard 1999 Constitution To Make Progress' – Prof. Akin Oyebode by seguntijan(m): 6:43am On Nov 01, 2018
4601CE:
Lol
Every Tom, dick and Harry is now saying stuffs they like about Nigeria and what should be done .
Nawa

Define restructuring. Clown!

Hope you're not referring to Prof. Oyebode as one of the Dick and Harry?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2021 Budget: NERC Seeks N2bn For HQ Partitioning, Furniture / NBC Query To Channels TV: Yakassai Urges NUJ, NGE To Speak Out / Strike: NRC Directs Shutdown Of Abuja-Kaduna, Lagos-Ibadan, Warri Train Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.